cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

Why is Item Condition not defined in the Stamps category? At a meeting with eBay at the APS Stamp Show in Sacramento more than a decade ago, eBay agreed to “Unused” and Used” as item condition definitions. Then about a decade ago, Item Condition disappeared. With the change to value ID instead of name-value pairs, ID values exist that would support “Unused” as an item condition. (New is not appropriate for postage stamps. Stamps did not start appearing in shrink wrap packaging until the turn of the 21st century. Most stamps sold at the post office are not shrink wrapped.) The Condition Description will not display in eBay listings unless the item is given the item Condition ID corresponding to “Used”.  Since condition is the second most important determination of price after the catalog number that describes the stamp, why does eBay ignore Item Condition in the Stamps category?

Although eBay has added mandatory item specifics to the Stamps Category, why is catalog number missing? Some item specifics in the US eBay Stamps category, like color, are properties associated with the Scott catalog number. Remaining item specifics are mostly condition attributes. Again, without item condition values "Unused" and "Used", it is not possible to correctly describe the condition of a stamp especially when eBay search filter values are substantially different from commonly accepted marketplace usage.

@clarkphilatelics - I will be up front with you that it will be very hard for me to provide a 'why' behind an item condition not being included in the Stamps category. What I can do is pass along your feedback about why you feel this should be there to the correct team. 

As to item specifics, we continue to work to improve these and add more relevant specifics. Since you're clearly an expert in stamps, I would highly recommend providing your suggestions to the e-mail sdsupport@ebay.com which is our team that works on the item specifics. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 61 of 87
latest reply

@vrykalak

Payouts can be once a week(Tuesdays), but unscheduled "debits" could happen anytime, and refunds/cancel can cause a debit.

Message 62 of 87
latest reply

Tyler,

I just left you a message at the number provided above. It was a answering machine. I believe anyone investing their time on this right now has already contacted ebay support. I would guess most at least 3x.  Please let me know when ebay will fix the safari it issues.  I am paying for a product, and expect to get the product. If you order cable and the package includes hbo. you don't get hbo, are you going to pay for the product?  Would you buy a benz with no door? Point is please help us.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 63 of 87
latest reply

I'm guessing the answer is no, but asking anyway. When I sell an item through Promoted Listings, there's a note in its "Orders" entry indicating it was sold by PL. If I sell an item via Coded Coupon, will a similar note appear? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 64 of 87
latest reply

@Brittanie

I have tried reporting issues in the "Tell us what you think" but am afraid that my keyboard is wearing out. I am not sure we are on the same page with sorting. I can sort Active Listings by ending time, but it is not possible to also (at the same time) specify Auctions first.

The All Selling page is so overloaded with unwanted views that it slow loading and hard to navigate. I want one page with the summary, that can be configures, and sorted in the order I want, and stay that way each time it is opened.

I believe that the Active page is better, but it lacks a summary and cannot be sorted on multiple columns.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 65 of 87
latest reply

I can reduce the size and all the fonts get too small to read. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 66 of 87
latest reply

RE: eBay Authenticity Guarantee

On the community chats, I've noticed a lot of concern with this program.

There seems to be long shipping delays and other concerns.

I've just been posting the link for them, but I don't think it is specific to what they are asking and I am not familiar enough with that program.

Does anyone know of any problems with this program? So I can properly answer the posts?

Thank you,

stuff4divas 

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 67 of 87
latest reply

@moreforyourmoney2010 wrote:

This is a desperate attempt to resolve something before I have to have an attorney send a letter.  What is going on with Ebay customer service?  It's bad enough that it takes 2X as long normally to get your point across because English is a 2nd language, but it's really dropped off within the past 9 mos.  Pandemic aside, it's a complete failure.

Examples:

reference # 1-312312984723--I always have to call in for proper ebay bucks credit because it doesn't credit correctly, even though i activate the offer/ebay bucks booster multiple times and all other criteria are met.  I've even purchased the same day and not been credited properly.  After 3 calls and 3 manager callback requests that were not escalated, someone finally got what I meant, although she didn't know what to do.  We spent the hour going through everything and she noted it.  It's all there on the reference #.  I never did get a call from a mgr but someone faked one (an increasingly common occurrence) and noted it.  I've called over 10 times on this issue and to follow up, but am basically lied to and told whatever to get me off the phone.  I sat on hold for a mgr for 2 hours on 1-313686466815 and then was disconnected at transfer.  No one called.  On another call, I was told an IT ticket was opened--REQ000002781064 on 1-313700530173.  Again, nothing ever heard via phone, email, ebay messages, anything.  This is over $200 in Ebay bucks on just 1 transaction, so it's easy to see they did not credit it.  I've requested callbacks from managers each time so I can inquire as to why no resolution to ebay, and why no manager callbacks--never a callback.  Other related phone calls in trying to follow up and examples of poor service-1-309321106145, 1-310248529475, 1-313697165793, 1-313697444713.

Another example: call 1-319457187965 because of issues trying to do global shipping.  Since I know Ebay support is maddeningly frustrating and seldom helpful except for the simplest of items, I tried for 2 days to do a global ship print.  I was told they were having shipping issues, and a manager would callback on my request to follow up and address my repeated manager no callback issues.  It was suggested that I callback if I didn't hear anything.  Call 1-319723679518.  Since no contact, I called back.  I was told there was still shipping issues, and that I should just send it International shipping for $11 (instead of $4-$5 which buyer and I agreed it should be through domestic global shipping program).  He said he would credit me $15 to cover it and the repeated inconvenience.  As of when I called yesterday, this was still not done, and they said there was no escalation to the previous call.  Order 2-74238370010

Example 3--on one of these calls, I explained that a previous seller that I bought from and returned cards purchased (I buy and sell) still is sending me harassing letters (and has threatened me).  I said this is now a safety issue, and although ebay supposedly warned them before, I just received another letter.  They were to escalate to a manager--have not heard.  

Due to repeated service issues, and even rude reps, I am at the end of my rope.  I have 100% feedback and 1800+ feedback.  I strive to a higher level of service, but have absolutely no support at Ebay.  If I refuse to pay my invoices, it will automatically be pulled.  I can't even get a manager to call.  I can't even get someone that understands English without repeating multiple times and hoping they understand.  I've logged hundreds of hours on the phone with ebay support.  And it's only gotten worse in the past 9 months.  I've had issues in the past and I've noticed that people get a lot friendlier when you ask for the reference # of the call.  I've also noticed that with reps who had attitude issues, I would not get a feedback request on them in my ebay messages.  I think they know how to disable it or prevent it from happening.  I barely ever get a feedback request on any of my (failed) calls now.  

I know AMEX has international people (I've confirmed), but you don't ever really even know it.  I was kind of surprised when I found out.  They can do it, so you either need to do it, or pull the plug on your international call centers.  I can't help but thinking THAT'S WHY YOU'RE LOSING PEOPLE TO AMAZON.  Maybe they have better service, but at this point it can't get any worse.  Between poor communication at times, managed payments issues, and snafus with the $20 trading card & under $.91 shipping (and related Post Office issues), you're signaling that you can't manage the business, even as you advertise heavily.  It comes back to the cost to bring in new customers vs. just taking care of existing ones.  The wiser investment would be to get your act together before flooding the sinking ship.--just my 2 cents.  PLEASE HELP!  Kurt

Hi @moreforyourmoney2010 - you should always be treated with respect when you contact us - and that respect should extend to your time as well. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a series of such difficult experiences. I will have the calls you've mentioned reviewed for appropriate coaching and resolution. 

In the mean time, if you've never worked with our social media team, I'd strongly suggest giving it a try. It's a team I came from and feel strongly about their ability to assist in a way that is respectful of your time and provides you with proper information. You can reach them via private message on Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 68 of 87
latest reply

I'm in the same boat on this one.  The Concierge reference was removed two weeks ago... and the quality of Customer Service calls was seriously degraded as a result.  Based on the language / accent issues on every call... I'm assuming that an offshore call center is now involved.  The new "Help & Contact" link now leads to a long page of detail trying to push me into various posts about the issue I'm having at the moment... but only a generic "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page... and then several more hoops to narrow down the exact reason I'm needing help.  The "Concierge" level of service is now gone completely.

contact us.JPG

_____

Message 69 of 87
latest reply

Cool. Now, how do I select weekly download in MP?

(I have been away from home, and from my business, for 8 months, so I am very ignorant in this area.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 70 of 87
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Since everyone has to use Seller Hub now can you PLEASE have your tech people fix it to fit into a browser window? Too much horizontal scrolling. It should fit automatically like other webpages do. I don't understand how anyone would think it was ready to be rolled out with this problem.

_____

Are you able to hit the "CTL" key and then the "-" key to reduce the size?

Pardon a quibble, but to re-size the screen you press and hold  the Ctrl key while pressing either the "-" key on your side keypad  (to reduce it) or "+" key (to enlarge it). You can also achieve it by holding down the Ctrl key while you roll the mouse thumbwheel either forward or back.

Message 71 of 87
latest reply

You're my friend now. please help vintgecollectibleworlda2

Message 72 of 87
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

I just find the double standard amusing.  I know when I have mis-categorized stuff by mistake your system is more than happy to threaten me and pull my listing.  I guess I am not special enough to break the rules.  Sure would be nice.

Indeed.  Last year in a certain category where we sell, eBay arbitrarily decided to limit listing to select sellers.  We got a "sorry you can no longer sell in this category unless you've been approved, and the approval process is closed" email.  There was no alert that an approval process was ever open.  Then they started removing our listings.  Asking here on how to get approved, of course, has yielded smoke and mirrors.

At all levels eBay plays favorites.

Message 73 of 87
latest reply

My Google Shopping Rejections showed 28 items had incorrect GTIN/MPN.  99.99% of my listings are in Collectibles/Disneyana, which doesn't require a UPC, although I do try to add it by adding my own Item Specific for UPC.  These are OLD listings prior to Item Specifics being added to ebay listings, so when there was talk about adding UPCs, I started adding them to my listings.  Wanted to head off entering the UPC before it became a requirement.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 74 of 87
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's now closed but we will continue working through to address questions. 

See you next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 75 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: