cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

Now that the "My eBay All Selling" page has finally slipped into oblivion I feel blinded while weekly auctions are closing. Although the information about total bids and bid amounts is available on the Seller Hub Overview page, it is not available on the Listings Active page or the Listings All Selling page. Although the Active page can be configured to display the SKU (Custom Label), number of bids, bid amount and buyer eBay ID, the page cannot easily be sorted in chronological order with auctions first. The All Selling page includes summary information in an oversized panel at the top and can be sorted Auctions first, the auctions are not sorted in closing order from soonest to latest. The Active Listings page cannot be configured to display SKU numbers (Custom Labels) or buyer ID. Useless columns like Available quantity cannot be suppressed. Page navigation is difficult, especially for sellers with more than 1000 or so listings. Page navigation, a relic of the late 20th century is buried in the middle of the page. While it is possible to set the page to show only auctions, the setting disappears when the page is opened a second time.

Why is it not possible for eBay to create a convenient web page that provides convenient at-a-glance information about closing auctions or other rapidly changing events? I associate loss of the old-style My eBay Selling page with loss of control over selling. The new page creates a high wall between me as a seller and information I need for selling.

@clarkphilatelics - I appreciate your feedback on viewing these. As you mentioned, you can sort your 'Active listings' by many different criteria including 'Auctions style listings', which would allow you to view auctions in chronological order. I've never run into this option disappearing, so I would recommend reporting this to customer service if this is something you continue to run into. While we have passed along this feedback, you can continue to use the 'Tell us what you think' feedback link that should be on the top right in Seller Hub to provide the feedback on sorting directly to the Seller Hub team. I know they  want the page to be easy for sellers to navigate and continue to work on improvements. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 46 of 87
latest reply

Just to confirm... these were Disney memorabilia items; mostly paper items... no toys.  As such... they're typically listed in the Collectibles / Disneyana / Vintage or Collectibles / Disneyana / Contemporary categories.  I generally don't sell toys... and "age range" is not required (or even available) for these categories.  If my user ID were causing the problem... I'd have over 500 errors... instead of the 4 supposed errors that were flagged by Google.  I suspect it's just a new feature that hasn't had the bugs worked out yet.

Message 47 of 87
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Since everyone has to use Seller Hub now can you PLEASE have your tech people fix it to fit into a browser window? Too much horizontal scrolling. It should fit automatically like other webpages do. I don't understand how anyone would think it was ready to be rolled out with this problem.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Are you able to hit the "CTL" key and then the "-" key to reduce the size?

Message 48 of 87
latest reply

Please fix log out issues create promotion - markdown - sale event for mac safari users. 

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 49 of 87
latest reply

I'M HERE IM HERE

Message 50 of 87
latest reply

HELP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!1

Message 51 of 87
latest reply

Re: Managed Payments

My business bank account has a limit on number of transactions/month without incurring extra fees.

In early discussions of MP, we were told transfers to our bank could be limited to once/week. 

That would work for me. But does that option still exist?

_____

Message 52 of 87
latest reply

I have shared feedback by the comments buttons many times as you suggested. Other websites can make pages that display and work well on most devices. Lots of people use laptops. Shouldn't Ebay be compatible with those? I use a Win10 desktop with 20 inch monitor and Ebay is the only site I use that requires horizontal scrolling.

_____

Message 53 of 87
latest reply

Still, I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to see if the identical items on Google Shopping do reference an age range, even if it seems unnecessary? And if so, maybe create your own Item Specific?  Not sure this would help, but it wouldn't take long to give it a try if you want to....

Message 54 of 87
latest reply

PLEASE TECH ISSUE, SAFARI, MAC, STORE OWNER, LOGGED OUT, REPEAT ISSUE,

Message 55 of 87
latest reply

Can eBay provide a more comprehensive online way to report fraud?  Currently there are only 2 choices:  report buyer or report seller.  However I've had over 50 fraudulent transactions on my 2 selling accounts recently caused by 3rd parties making "unauthorized use of buyer accounts."  The only way I can report this is to call Customer Service and hopefully get transferred to Fraud & Safety.

Also when someone reports fraud, can eBay ALWAYS reply with their findings and/or actions?

Finally, when fraud results in a seller having to cancel a transaction, can the reason for cancel be expanded to include either Other or Fraud?  Currently I have been told by CS to select buyer requested cancel, which is NOT true, or to select problem with address, which is only indirectly true.

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here

Message 56 of 87
latest reply

Last week's discussion about the "eBay Standard Envelope" did not fully specify how billing would be handled. Is there any way to sum the cost of labels to number of labels and total cost for some convenient period like a week or month? Scattering the amounts randomly on the Managed Payments detail page does not seem like a good plan. Also, when will totals for amounts other than the payment amount become available?  It takes time to total multiple orders bundled into a payout. What does a seller do if hundreds instead of a few orders are included in a payment? Why not rename the process Unmanageable Payments?

Someone asked that each label be tied to an order in the detail window. If that becomes the case, the Payments summary window should display totals for labels, sales, and fees.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 57 of 87
latest reply

Oh, and I should add, you are probably right, it probably is just a glitch....

Message 58 of 87
latest reply

I just find the double standard amusing.  I know when I have mis-categorized stuff by mistake your system is more than happy to threaten me and pull my listing.  I guess I am not special enough to break the rules.  Sure would be nice.

Message 59 of 87
latest reply

Yes, that options exists. Once every Tuesday.

Message 60 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: