cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Edit: Please read the FAQ about the new "All Selling" page here.

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

I would also like to see Ebay implement some address verification at the time an order is made. I mean this whole platform is about taking orders and having them delivered to people's homes. Other sites have this capability.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here.

Message 31 of 158
latest reply

@rkytr wrote:

Please bring back the old Classic view Seller page. It had everything as a seller I could review, with active sales, sold sales, drafts, watch list , saved sellers, Items sold over last 60 days,  $sold, Number if items listed, and more. Seller hub is fine, but now I have to go to summary, active selling , seller hub. At least give us the option to use the old system. How can that be a problem to Ebay? Thanks

Hi @rkytr - thanks for sharing your input on this! While there are currently no plans to revert this change, we'll make sure your feedback is shared. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 32 of 158
latest reply

Like many others I am very unhappy the Classis View selling page is no longer available. It was clear, concise, and extremely user friendly. I was able to quickly scan active, sold, unsold, drafts, etc. all from one page. This has now been replaced with the new seller hub "selling overview" page...which is an absolute disaster. I have now used this format for over a week now and my opinion has not changed....It is by far the worst change I have experienced on eBay in the +10 years I have sold on here. I currently have 4 different eBay account -2 store subscriptions, 1 regular selling account for items not related to my store items, and 1 account used mostly for private/non business purchases. Last year my total money taken in through ebay was just over $125k....I will be 100% honest, I am very seriously considering shutting my selling accounts down in response to this new format change forced upon us sellers. It is honestly that poor. Ebay managed to take something that worked very well, was user friendly...and turn it into an absolute mess. Myself as well as many other sellers are now wasting valuable time clicking on several pages just to see something that was readily visible all on one page. Now I have 3 open tabs at all times & spend precious time searching for things that used to be easily visible. This was obviously a change for the sake of making a change and the results are beyond poor. I have gone about my business and not said a word when I was forced into MP.... kept quiet through the huge rise in eBay scams/theft that eBay seems to condone by their lack of action against it to protect their sellers...and dealt with the ridiculously poor customer service through the entire Covid pandemic. All that said, this change is by far the worst thing I have dealt with on this sight. I realize I am a relatively small fish in a big pond here....but this change is going to push alot of loyal long term sellers away....And for what? Simply for the sake of making a change. So stupid!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 33 of 158
latest reply

AMEN!

Message 34 of 158
latest reply

Tuesday morning eBay once again hijacked the URL for the My eBay All Selling page to open Seller Hub instead. I had been dreading this since the vague announcement about "consolidating" seller web pages to make them more "coherent". If the new page is "coherent", it is not useable. Most of the useful at-a-glance functionality of the "classic" My eBay All Selling page was apparently thrown under the bus in the name of "efficiency". Efficient for whom? Does efficient for eBay mean inefficient for sellers? I do not believe this should be the case. Displaying one page the meets seller needs should be more efficient that multiple clicks to pry data from the web site a few bytes at a time. Is eBay creating a self-imposed denial of service attack?

By the way, this is about the third or fourth time the eBay has hijacked the My eBay URL. Does eBay management hate sellers that much? The vendetta against the classic My eBay page has been going on for almost a decade.  If a company gets something right, so right that any change is likely to make it worse, why change it? Please send the errant eBay managers back to the Coca Cola Company or back to creating the next Edsel.

If eBay did not constantly hijack URLs, clearing the browser cache to make eBay work again would not be necessary.

Message 35 of 158
latest reply

@musicgoaround wrote:

Need classic view back. It was simple and easy to use. I have numerpus family and friends that sell on ebay and we all agree do not like the new versions at all.

Hi @musicgoaround - sorry to hear your family and friends aren't fond of this change! While there aren't any plans to revert back to the old page, please encourage them to share their feedback with the developer team by using the 'tell us what you think' or 'share your feedback' links on the new pages. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 36 of 158
latest reply

Brian it might have been old code but not certain it was "out of date".  If you can come up with new code for the seller hub couldn't you recode the old page? Do you personally sell on eBay?  If so will you honestly say the seller hub is an improvement over the classic view? More info all on the same page that was easy to see and find. Seller hub is click here, click here and certainly more complex. It  seems like a huge step backward to me and like a whole lot of other upset sellers. 

_____

Message 37 of 158
latest reply

I have done that several times.

Message 38 of 158
latest reply

Like a huge amount of sellers posted on the boards, the new seller's page is horrible, everything a seller needed was listed on the classic view, now we have to click here or there to look up actions we actually use. Like how many free listings are left and basically anything on seller's hub but without having to click back and forth to different pages. 

On top of that, the page looks generic, if buyers log onto ebay and items for sale were listed like what's on the sellers  page they'd leave, its ugly. Why would sellers want to look it.

AND its not about getting use to something new, its about getting something that is usefully, time is money.

Worse was no announcement, and ebay changed mine an hour before one of my biggest auction nights in a year, spent the whole hour trying to figure it out

BOTTOM line is, Sellers do not like it, please bring back the classic view please

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read.

Message 39 of 158
latest reply

BRING BACK THE CLASSIC SUMMARY PAGE FOR SELLERS NOW! 

We all want this page back immediately. It was the 'My Ebay' seller summary page that you used to be directed to when you were on the Seller Hub page, scrolled down to the 'Seller Tools' section and clicked on 'View My Ebay Selling' - it took you to a convenient overview of your selling, and it was working extremely well for many years. The new format is absolutely ridiculous and inadequate. You can't even see your selling total at the top (without taxes, shipping added to it) for your current month (not the past 31 days, which is no help at all if you are in the middle of the month and just want to see what you've made the past few weeks without having to total up every single thing you sold. 

I've been a seller on ebay over 20 years and I've never been more frustrated or ready to quit. If I could sell everything I have overnight and quit, I absolutely would. You have made our fees outrageously high, while increasingly making it difficult to be a top-rated seller, and also lowering our discounts to a measly 10%. You've done away with buyer incentives like the ebay bucks program and instead of using the money you take from hard-working sellers to launch ad campaigns or otherwise draw business to our stores, you pay some IT people to destroy the only functional seller tool page we had!

I keep seeing TV ads for Poshmark, going to check them out and see what their platform is like. It certainly can't be worse. 

Ebay always tells us they want to 'hear from sellers' about what we want/need. Well, do you really? What we need is a functional workspace, lower fees on our sales and to be listened to. After being on the community forums, I have seen thousands of posts from sellers like me, who are outraged at this recent change. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS EBAY. If you don't, you risk losing more excellent sellers and being completely out-of-touch and tone deaf to our needs. We are the reason you have a job or a company in the first place and it's tragic to see you making many of the same mistakes that have destroyed many other retail and etail businesses. The last place you should make cuts is to your sellers - if we're not happy, you won't be either.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 40 of 158
latest reply

The Classic Selling page was built on old code. So your design team can take the style, design, functions, etc. of the Classic Selling page and build a new one that at least resembles and functions like the old one did instead of totally fabricating something that doesn't come close to all the functions of the original. With the new one, you have to go to at least five different pages to get to what you could on the Classic page. Everything was there. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just reproduce it with new code. Please make an effort to do that.  Thank you.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 41 of 158
latest reply

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

Why is the disconnect between what sellers want and what eBay provides growing at an alarming rate?

When I want to get a quick snapshot of soon-to-close auctions or an overview of revenue trends, I use the My eBay All selling page. It is nearly perfect for the task except that it loads slowly because of information tacked onto the end that I never look at.

The Seller Hub on the other hand is nearly useless. It is easier to find most static information in SixBIt. Dynamic data is almost impossible to view, requiring many mouse clicks. Worst of all is the default view of active listings shows only 5 with a maximum setting of 25. I normally run between 30 and 40 auctions in a batch ending one minute apart.

Is there anyone at eBay who understands seller needs, especially medium and larger sellers?

@clarkphilatelics - Thank you for the feedback. While there are no plans to change the new pages, I'll make sure this is passed on to the correct team.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 42 of 158
latest reply

Ok, we understand Classic View is not coming back because of technological reasons.

Can you PLEASE create something with the same or similar functionality?

You don't need specific suggestions and leaving specific comments in 'Tell us what you think' is pointless.

This is about basic USER INTERFACE. Sellers want ONE PAGE with as much information as possible that is CUSTOMIZABLE.

Just recreate the functionality of CLASSIC VIEW and then we can talk specifics. Chances are, most of us won't care about specifics at that point. I know I probably won't. I didn't before this week.

_____

Message 43 of 158
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

I find it interesting how eBay is willing to aggressively persecute sellers, but turn a blind eye to problem buyers.

I don't get why we are allowed to block people if they are going to be allowed to direct message and harass sellers.  Why does eBay selectively enforce policies as the see fit?

Hi @gwzcomps - our messaging policies apply to everyone. If you have a member who is abusing the messaging platform by continuing to message you after you have blocked them, using inappropriate or profane language or otherwise communicating with you without any intention of completing a transaction please consider contacting CS so they can report the buyer for review. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 44 of 158
latest reply

will that do any good?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 45 of 158
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: