cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Edit: Please read the FAQ about the new "All Selling" page here.

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@marviolet wrote:

Regarding Classic View.  Why not write a code to accept Classic View and give members the option to choose.  I hope I won't be considered presumptuous to say that most eBay members are not celebrating the new format.  

@marviolet we wanted to bring our most powerful selling tools together in Seller Hub. The new All Selling page is a much more modern version of the classic My eBay All Selling, with modern code and visual design. We do not have any plans to revert back to the classic All Selling page as it's visual design and code do not align with modern web standards. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 121 of 158
latest reply

Without responses to comments, even about obvious bugs, it feels like no one is listening. Ditto for reporting bad listings.

Message 122 of 158
latest reply

100% agree

Message 123 of 158
latest reply

@marviolet wrote:

As usual you are so on point.  Thank you for posting useful information.  Your question presented to Tyler regarding "passing on our comprehensive comments from the Weekly Chat has not impact?"  is truly how it appears.  Why bother solicit our opinions?  It appears we better live with it or....

@marviolet   Thank you for noticing that little detail and I agree 100% ... THIS IS where we connect with eBay each week ... is there some other team that sits and reads all the angry "Comments" we post on those links???  I know this week they are all sitting around joking about how ticked off Mr Lincoln was this week, that's for sure.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 124 of 158
latest reply

@tonyshull262 wrote:

Its as if the tech dept changed stuff so they could look like they were doing something during the pandemic to justify their continued employment

Never let a crisis go to waste

Message 125 of 158
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

I would also like to see Ebay implement some address verification at the time an order is made. I mean this whole platform is about taking orders and having them delivered to people's homes. Other sites have this capability.

@crazystuff4sale thanks for the feedback! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 126 of 158
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining the chat this week. It is closed from further questions and replies but we will continue to work through to ensure that questions receive a reply. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 127 of 158
latest reply

@infoandy wrote:

The Classic Selling page was built on old code. So your design team can take the style, design, functions, etc. of the Classic Selling page and build a new one that at least resembles and functions like the old one did instead of totally fabricating something that doesn't come close to all the functions of the original. With the new one, you have to go to at least five different pages to get to what you could on the Classic page. Everything was there. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just reproduce it with new code. Please make an effort to do that.  Thank you.

@infoandy - I understand where you're coming from. While there aren't plans to change the pages back, I would recommend providing your feedback directly to the development team by using the 'Tell us what you think" link at the top of the page. Thanks!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 128 of 158
latest reply

@gwjw wrote:

Brian it might have been old code but not certain it was "out of date".  If you can come up with new code for the seller hub couldn't you recode the old page? Do you personally sell on eBay?  If so will you honestly say the seller hub is an improvement over the classic view? More info all on the same page that was easy to see and find. Seller hub is click here, click here and certainly more complex. It  seems like a huge step backward to me and like a whole lot of other upset sellers. 

@gwjw I agree that Seller Hub has more complexity as it brings with it more features and tools. I've been using Seller Hub for several years now and do not have any complaints about it. When I first started using it I did have an adjustment period as I learned how to navigate it.

With that said, the feedback we've received from members has been passed along to the right team. Thanks!  

Brian,
Community Team
Message 129 of 158
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Like a huge amount of sellers posted on the boards, the new seller's page is horrible, everything a seller needed was listed on the classic view, now we have to click here or there to look up actions we actually use. Like how many free listings are left and basically anything on seller's hub but without having to click back and forth to different pages. 

On top of that, the page looks generic, if buyers log onto ebay and items for sale were listed like what's on the sellers  page they'd leave, its ugly. Why would sellers want to look it.

AND its not about getting use to something new, its about getting something that is usefully, time is money.

Worse was no announcement, and ebay changed mine an hour before one of my biggest auction nights in a year, spent the whole hour trying to figure it out

BOTTOM line is, Sellers do not like it, please bring back the classic view please

@tsme35 we do not have any plans to bring back the classic All Selling page. We suggest also sharing your feedback on the new Selling pages by using the 'Comment' link. That sends feedback directly to the team involved. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 130 of 158
latest reply

@outdoorgeardude wrote:

Ok, we understand Classic View is not coming back because of technological reasons.

Can you PLEASE create something with the same or similar functionality?

You don't need specific suggestions and leaving specific comments in 'Tell us what you think' is pointless.

This is about basic USER INTERFACE. Sellers want ONE PAGE with as much information as possible that is CUSTOMIZABLE.

Just recreate the functionality of CLASSIC VIEW and then we can talk specifics. Chances are, most of us won't care about specifics at that point. I know I probably won't. I didn't before this week.

@outdoorgeardude the team involved is aware of sellers feedback and will take into consideration as the iterate on these pages going forward. However, I can't give any guarantee on what may or may not be changed going forward.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 131 of 158
latest reply

@randomsl wrote:

Can you clarify how and when the funds for eBay Standard Labels are being charged?  Is the seller charged at time of purchase or when the labels are scanned? Are the charges added to the monthly invoice as they were previously or are they now being taken directly from "Available Funds"? 

@randomsl - Sure! eBay Standard Envelope charges are through USPS, so they are charged at the time you print the shipping label. If you're a managed payments seller, who has all of their fees taken out of their funds, then this would be the same for this. If instead you still receive an invoice with shipping charges, you continue to see that process for these charges.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 132 of 158
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

When is ebay ever going to put combine shipping or request total from seller on the app, you brag about 40%+ using the app and AFTER 3 years it still is not on the app. I lost 2 good sales just this last week alone because they had no access to a computer.

@tsme35 @randomsl we don't currently have plans to release this in the app. Sellers can set up combined shipping rules to automatically adjust shipping costs for buyers who add multiple items to their cart.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 133 of 158
latest reply

@jimw1776 wrote:

Please bring Classic View back...or have your programmers program a close facsimile...one w/ fewer steps to find what we need, (like Classic).  

If they don't want to use the word "Classic"...fine, but program a "Classic"...and name it what you want. But Please stop making us use this Sellers Hub...it is user unfriendly and an enormous waste of time

@jimw1776 while the Community team can't make any promises on what may or may not change going forward, we have passed this feedback along to the appropriate team. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 134 of 158
latest reply

@tonyshull262 wrote:

will that do any good?

Hi @tonyshull262 - I think that depends on what you're hoping for. The development team receives and reviews the feedback they receive and they use it to work on future enhancements. While there isn't any plan to revert back to the old page, your input (and the feedback from others here) can help to improve the new page. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 135 of 158
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: