cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Edit: Please read the FAQ about the new "All Selling" page here.

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Are you going to send some clear communication to all sellers to let them know about changes to the Guaranteed Delivery program? I am referring to effectively ending the program by retiring the "Handling Time Option." It might be a good idea to inform CS and clean up all the confusing help pages on GD that still show old information about qualifying by handling times. Basically no one knows what's going on and they are wasting lots of time trying to figure out why none of their listings show up in 4-day delivery searches.

I tried to opt-in and it said I would be put on some sort of wait list. How will that work?

@crazystuff4sale this is great feedback! I'll get those help pages reported to the right team for review. We definitely want them to updated with current and correct information. 

Sellers don't have to opt into the new experience. If they meet the below criteria then the new badges will show on their listings.

If a sellers listings show the Fast ‘N Free badge, they'll start to see them automatically update to the new message. Simply continue to offer competitive shipping to qualify:

• Offer free shipping
  • Offer same-day or 1-day handling
  • Upload your item’s tracking details
  • Estimate arrival within 4 business days

You'll find more information here about the new shipping badges that replaces Guaranteed Delivery. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 46 of 158
latest reply

Can you clarify how and when the funds for eBay Standard Labels are being charged?  Is the seller charged at time of purchase or when the labels are scanned? Are the charges added to the monthly invoice as they were previously or are they now being taken directly from "Available Funds"? 

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 47 of 158
latest reply

NOPE

Message 48 of 158
latest reply

When is ebay ever going to put combine shipping or request total from seller on the app, you brag about 40%+ using the app and AFTER 3 years it still is not on the app. I lost 2 good sales just this last week alone because they had no access to a computer.

Message 49 of 158
latest reply

I agree eBay needs to bring back classic view.  eBay really needs to quit breaking things that aren't broken.  If your developers have too much time on their hands get them to either fix site bugs, or fire them.  Or even better, find developers who actually use the site and know how to make things that are useful.

Message 50 of 158
latest reply

The "appropriate team" should consider updating the code to support the classic seller page. Did not take any time to check "My Ebay" with the old page. So much scrolling with the new selling page decreases my productivity, thus profits, which directly affects EBAY's profits.  I agree with all the points made in the post by mr_lincoln. The active list can show 25? I had the 'my ebay' set on 200.

I pointed out in a comment I sent that I have some cognitive issues and it is very hard to scroll both across and down the page, with everything as numbers and boxes. Also the PRINT IS  TINY, and when I enlarge the screen size I cannot see the entire page. The new page may be difficult for folks who are not able-bodied without any impairments, and for seniors. You are discriminating against us.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 51 of 158
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@gwjw wrote:

Please bring back the classic seller view, it was much easier to use than the seller hub. 

@gwjw the classic All Selling page was deprecated because it was built on old code and was out of date. We have no plans to change this decision. We've seen members feedback and have passed it onto the appropriate team. Thanks!

Please don't take this as a snarky response, but have the people on that team ever been sellers?  If not, could a couple sellers help this team?

I'm sure the people who run the site have probably bought a thing or two.  Maybe even sold something.  None of them know what it is like to use the site on a regular daily basis though.

Message 52 of 158
latest reply

@mrstippie1 wrote:

Is eBay having an issue with Chrome?  Impossible to revise listings, etc.  Each entry triggers a "page unresponsive" message giving you the option to wait, and wait and wait!  Unacceptable.  It has been like that for about 3 days! 

@mrstippie1  no issues that we're aware of. It sounds like this is a browser issue. If you haven't already, clear the cache and cookies from Chrome to ensure there isn't old data that's interfering with loading the pages.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 53 of 158
latest reply

Please bring Classic View back...or have your programmers program a close facsimile...one w/ fewer steps to find what we need, (like Classic).  

If they don't want to use the word "Classic"...fine, but program a "Classic"...and name it what you want. But Please stop making us use this Sellers Hub...it is user unfriendly and an enormous waste of time

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here.

Message 54 of 158
latest reply

Why can't they build something just like it.  It needs to be simple with all the info seller needs. Seems it should be pretty easy, if they need help I am sure I can find them some.

Message 55 of 158
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

I find it interesting how eBay is willing to aggressively persecute sellers, but turn a blind eye to problem buyers.

I don't get why we are allowed to block people if they are going to be allowed to direct message and harass sellers.  Why does eBay selectively enforce policies as the see fit?

Hi @gwzcomps - our messaging policies apply to everyone. If you have a member who is abusing the messaging platform by continuing to message you after you have blocked them, using inappropriate or profane language or otherwise communicating with you without any intention of completing a transaction please consider contacting CS so they can report the buyer for review. Thanks!

Its been going on for 6 months now.  All I ever get from your useless CS is placations and false promises.  You people are more likely to attack my selling account than the odds of you dealing with bad buyers.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 56 of 158
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

On a separate note still no clarification on the random fees I am being credited/debited.  Should I take this as a sign that I need to take eBay to court for a random amount?

gwzcomps_0-1616616708643.png

Another week where we have the same question

Message 57 of 158
latest reply

@randomsl wrote:

Can anyone describe a way to print the new eBay Standard Envelope labels directly onto a #6 3/4 sized envelope? The labels are not currently being generated in the proper orientation to print directly to an envelope and require rotating and resizing in order to make them functional. It was a huge roll-out for eBay but the labels take too long to manipulate to make them worth using. 

@randomsl - Thanks for sharing this! I'm reaching out to the shipping team to see what information I can get on best practices for printing on this size and will follow up here. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 58 of 158
latest reply

I agree.

Message 59 of 158
latest reply

You need to listen to what people are saying Tyler - none of us are happy and we're not going to just 'get over it'. If the code was old, fix the darn code and keep the basic format of the page the same - since your IT people are so smart, there's no excuse for this complete mess.

Message 60 of 158
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: