cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Edit: Please read the FAQ about the new "All Selling" page here.

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

I know that there is minimal chance of the old eBay sellers page coming back, but can you ask, beg grovel, plead with the group that designed the new page to give us back our old page until something new and improved, THAT BENEFITS THE SELLERS, can be developed? I would be happy if they would ask sellers for input on what WE need. My guess is that the group responsible for this mess don’t sell, or only sell minimal quantities of items.

It’s a nightmare to see what I need to ship. That for me is my first priority, customer service. Or let me sort how I want to send my orders. The sold page will show you in newest to oldest what was sold, and you have to LOOK to see if it was paid for. It should be the oldest order first, not last! And after we ship, the “to be shipped orders” go away or we have to refresh. Maybe a page that shows the seller what we need to get out. Then give us a page to see what we are still waiting to get paid for.

I really understand it’s your sandbox, and if we don’t like it we can go away. But c’mon…why are you guys making it more difficult for us? Enhance the buying experience, not the selling! For those of us who have been here a while, we know what we are doing.  Because without sellers, there are less buyers, and less buyers is lower revenue, and we all know what a slippery slope that can become. Please.

And if the programmers don’t have anything to do here are a couple of suggestions...

Verify ship to addresses with the customer name on file

Change the program so it recognizes that Puerto Rico is a USA address, not an international address.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 16 of 158
latest reply

@gwjw wrote:

Please bring back the classic seller view, it was much easier to use than the seller hub. 

@gwjw the classic All Selling page was deprecated because it was built on old code and was out of date. We have no plans to change this decision. We've seen members feedback and have passed it onto the appropriate team. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 17 of 158
latest reply

@outdoorgeardude wrote:

Tyler, do you know what Classic View is? That's not a snarky question, I just want to establish a baseline of understanding.

@outdoorgeardude - Yes, we know what the Classic View is. We've been collecting feedback about the changes to the 'All Selling' page. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 18 of 158
latest reply

@underhardcover wrote:

Please bring back CLASSIC VIEW Selling Page!

Hi @underhardcover, welcome to the chat this week! There are currently no plans to bring back the All-Selling page. If you have specific feedback regarding the change please consider using the 'Tell us what you think' links in the corner of the page. That will go directly to the development team in charge of the page. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 158
latest reply

On a separate note still no clarification on the random fees I am being credited/debited.  Should I take this as a sign that I need to take eBay to court for a random amount?

gwzcomps_0-1616616708643.png

______

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here.

Message 20 of 158
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:

Hi everyone, I hope you all are well. Just stopped by to say hi. 

Hi @mg152 - it's so glad to see you here! I hope you're doing well and that things are warming up for you - Spring is thinking about arriving out here and it's got me ready to open the windows and start cleaning!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 158
latest reply

@mrstippie1 wrote:

The new sellers page/summary is horrible.  Is Ebay planning to fix this or give us an option to return to the former format that shows listed, sold, etc.?  

@mrstippie1 the classic All Selling page was deprecated because it was built on old code and was out of date. We have no plans to change this decision. Members feedback has been shared with the appropriate team. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 22 of 158
latest reply

Brian

If the team that developed the new selling page, would like any input, please feel free to have them reach out to me.

Thank you

Message 23 of 158
latest reply

Brittanie

If the team that developed the new selling page, would like any input, please feel free to have them reach out to me.

Thank you

Message 24 of 158
latest reply

The New All Selling page that replaces the Classic My eBay Selling pages is VERY poor.  Here is an initial list of problems:

-NO running monthly total (sales dollars)

-NO running number of Auctions with bids

-NO running number of bids on above Auctions

-NO Link to the Shipping Labels page

-NO link to the Deleted file

ALL of the above are on the Classic pages in about a 2" square area, its a quick check I make just to see if anything is happening and is RIGHT THERE  when the page opens, I DON'T have to go searching for Auction listings to even see if I got any bids.  When eBay's Seller Hub rolled out it was based on 31 day totals ... we told you back then that that is worthless information.  It's still worthless, we need MONTHLY amounts and totals, just like the rest of the world runs on, MONTHLY ELECTRIC BILL, MONTHLY EBAY INVOICE, MONTHLY CREDIT CARD BILL, MONTHLY COMCAST BILL, MONTHLY, MONTHLY MONTHLY. 

-The Active list display quantities on the Classic pages were 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 200 and NOW they are 5, 10, 25, Show all?  Seriously???  Of course this goes with the fact that every new page roll out has shown LESS information PER PAGE and this new page is true to form, fewer items per screen and LOTS AND LOTS of SCROLLING.

-As usual, too much worthless information at the top of the page resulting in wasted space ... that has been a reoccurring thee for the last several years ...

Pictorial illustration below ...

1 ALL SELLING.jpg

----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 25 of 158
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@gwjw wrote:

Please bring back the classic seller view, it was much easier to use than the seller hub. 

@gwjw the classic All Selling page was deprecated because it was built on old code and was out of date. We have no plans to change this decision. We've seen members feedback and have passed it onto the appropriate team. Thanks!

Please don't take this as a snarky response, but have the people on that team ever been sellers?  If not, could a couple sellers help this team?

_____

Message 26 of 158
latest reply

Tyler

In all honesty I dont believe that those comments go anywhere other than to an old AOL email.

Thank you

Message 27 of 158
latest reply

Regarding Classic View.  Why not write a code to accept Classic View and give members the option to choose.  I hope I won't be considered presumptuous to say that most eBay members are not celebrating the new format.  

______

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here.

Message 28 of 158
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mrstippie1 the classic All Selling page was deprecated because it was built on old code and was out of date. We have no plans to change this decision. Members feedback has been shared with the appropriate team. Thanks!

Old code that works well and is thoroughly debugged is not a good reason to get rid of it.   As for being out of date, what specifically would make working code out of date?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 29 of 158
latest reply

I have been with ebay for 22 years and have always gone along/ coped with the changes the company has made.....some good and some bad.   However, this year has been a disaster.  The managed payments program has had many problems causing delays for funds to be sent.  The GSP has also proven a problem lately with excluded countries and given the wrong information about them from your reps when I have asked.

Finally, changing the active listing page, making it less informative for the sellers needs and not user friendly in any way.

Throw in slow sales and the pandemic and I am ready to just stop selling on ebay.

If you need to update the code on the active listings page, at least keep the items that the sellers (large and small ) use and need to view easily.

Thank you.

_____

Message 30 of 158
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: