cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, July 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: Community Chat, July 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Also, I want to thank ebay for the recent fee change announcement. Just want to be clear: there is no change to the store subscription price structure? 

Edit: Reply to your comment can be found here

Message 31 of 93
latest reply

@cpm555 wrote:

No replies??  This chat looks like a sham.  Sellers have no protections left or ability to communicated with eBay.  Shameful.  Are there other eBay-like sites sell with protection for sellers with stores?  Send replies to eBay seller cpm555.  Bailing soon.

You got a response.  It may not be what you want to hear, but a response was posted.  Post #15 in case you missed it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gwzcomps wrote:

So eBay is well aware of the MP deadline yet they can't seem to manage to have enough support staff.  Why is it that eBay continues to hide behind the pandemic excuse yet sellers are expected to keep trucking along like everything is normal?  My understanding is there are no extensions for us yet your MP team lacks the bodies to do their job...

Hi @gwzcomps, I'm not sure what you are referring to in regards to the pandemic, but I can confirm that recently our managed payments teams have experienced an incredibly high increase in call volume, which has led to long wait times (sometimes exceeding 6 hours) and resulted in us having to shut off the option to call us or have us call you at times. This is something we have had to do from time to time for various topics when the number of calls for that topic result in excessive wait times.

Obviously we strive to maintain staffing at a level that meets the needs of our customers, and we are working to address any spikes in volume at this time. We appreciate your patience while we support our Community through this transition and recommend that you continue to check the related help page for your question to see available contact options.

Message 33 of 93
latest reply

Also, regarding the fee change, it's not entirely clear to me. Must a seller be IN Managed Payments, or is it enough that the seller has pre-registered and is waiting to be onboarded?

--------

Edit: A reply to your question is located here

Message 34 of 93
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

A BIG THANK YOU to Ebay and the team that developed the current announcement regarding our free listing allocations.  I'm so excited to see the main category I sell in included.  It has been a long time in coming, but I'm over the moon that it has finally happened.

Effective August 1, 2020, we are updating our selling fees with additional permanent zero monthly insertion fee listings so that you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory. These changes will be available to all eBay sellers, and you don’t need to take any action.

This Spring, we announced free listings promotions, which proved to be a powerful and effective tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. We want to help you keep this positive momentum going.

The number of additional monthly zero insertion fee listings sellers will receive are determined by their eBay Store subscription levels. Sellers who have been invited and signed up for managed payments will receive additional monthly zero insertion fee listings in select categories.

For all of the details on this change, please visit the Seller Center.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

Am I correct in the assumption that Canadians get zilch as usual?

Message 35 of 93
latest reply

@windhaze wrote:

On the message I just posted? When I hit preview this popped up as well:  "This widget could not be displayed."

Another glitch? Also the post # sequences are all out of order too and no I haven't changed my settings at all.

Thanks.

Okay posts are now in sequence however there is no Post button just the Reply one-it did appear to work however as I see my ?'s did get posted by clicking that one again. Hope for some answers here please-thank you. 

Also this keeps appears on each post:  "This widget could not be displayed." Solid in the center repeated above and below in a shaded area? I don't know if other are getting that but I am. ?

------

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 36 of 93
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

Is it possible to provide a Managed Payment micropayment account similar to PayPal's micropayment account for sellers whose sales average less than $10.00?  PayPal charges a $.05 transaction fee and a 5% Final Value Fee, so a $1.00 sale with free shipping costs 10-cents, whereas MP costs 30-cents plus the Final Value Fee.

@somanypostcards the given response is accurate as of the response date. You'll find more information about managed payments here.

There has been no announcement of a micropayments solution with managed payments.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 37 of 93
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

A BIG THANK YOU to Ebay and the team that developed the current announcement regarding our free listing allocations.  I'm so excited to see the main category I sell in included.  It has been a long time in coming, but I'm over the moon that it has finally happened.

Effective August 1, 2020, we are updating our selling fees with additional permanent zero monthly insertion fee listings so that you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory. These changes will be available to all eBay sellers, and you don’t need to take any action.

This Spring, we announced free listings promotions, which proved to be a powerful and effective tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. We want to help you keep this positive momentum going.

The number of additional monthly zero insertion fee listings sellers will receive are determined by their eBay Store subscription levels. Sellers who have been invited and signed up for managed payments will receive additional monthly zero insertion fee listings in select categories.

For all of the details on this change, please visit the Seller Center.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

@mam98031 I agree, this is great new! I'm glad to hear it'll be helpful for you and other sellers 🙂 

Am I correct in assuming Canadians get zilch as usual?

Message 38 of 93
latest reply

Hello!  I've had a few buyers message me over the last few days that they are having difficulty paying/using checkout.  I also have had an unusually higher amount of buyers not paying over the last few days.  At the same time my sales have basically died.  I normally average 14-16 a day and now am at half or less over the last few days.  I'm wondering if there is an issue with checkout or PayPal or something else? 

Message 39 of 93
latest reply

My tracking uploaded on time and validated percentage was decreased - that IS detrimental.  😞   It shouldn't be lower than 100% because EVERY package had tracking uploaded and scanned on time...it is decreased because of an Ebay software glitch.    And this is going on 4 weeks since it happened.  Why can the marks not be removed to bring my percentage back up to 100%??

Just to be on record again:

I have 3 day handling on all of my listings.   2 combined invoices were paid on 6/17 and mailed & scanned on 6/19 and 1 combined invoice was paid on 6/16 and mailed & scanned on 6/17.  The tracking on My Ebay SHOWS that these were definitely uploaded and scanned at post office on time:

Screenshot (23)_LI.jpgScreenshot (25)_LI.jpgScreenshot (26)_LI.jpg

---------------

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 40 of 93
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

So eBay is well aware of the MP deadline yet they can't seem to manage to have enough support staff.  Why is it that eBay continues to hide behind the pandemic excuse yet sellers are expected to keep trucking along like everything is normal?  My understanding is there are no extensions for us yet your MP team lacks the bodies to do their job...

Hi @gwzcomps, I'm not sure what you are referring to in regards to the pandemic, but I can confirm that recently our managed payments teams have experienced an incredibly high increase in call volume, which has led to long wait times (sometimes exceeding 6 hours) and resulted in us having to shut off the option to call us or have us call you at times. This is something we have had to do from time to time for various topics when the number of calls for that topic result in excessive wait times.

Obviously we strive to maintain staffing at a level that meets the needs of our customers, and we are working to address any spikes in volume at this time. We appreciate your patience while we support our Community through this transition and recommend that you continue to check the related help page for your question to see available contact options.

I agree with everything you have said except one thing.  It is a bit difficult to refer to a help page when it hasn't been released.  I realize you can't answer many questions regarding MP, but many things are still unanswered by the MP team as well.  And what has been released by way of help pages don't answer many of the open questions.  Sad but true.  I've worked very hard trying to get many questions answered, yet some over 2 months old are still without clarity.  So at this point I'm just spinning my wheels.  It appears we must enter MP with some important questions unanswered, so we learn by SURPRISE once we are active in the program.  

Again, I know you can't help with that and I respect it.  Just a little venting I guess.  Sorry!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 41 of 93
latest reply

I keep seeing "Access To Website Blocked' when I first log in each morning on several pages I routinely use. I can open Advanced Search without hassle, and go from there to the other pages. (Then I have to log in and play the Captcha game, but the pages do open.) What gives?

-----

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here.

Message 42 of 93
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

I guess it is just extremely frustrating someone didn't have the foresight to increase the number of people available to prepare for this forced rollout.  The limited support that is available can't give straight or consistent answers, which I suppose is on par for eBay...

Message 43 of 93
latest reply

Only for a few selective category's, not fair for the rest of us

Message 44 of 93
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

Hi there,

Here's a puzzler for you - if there is a listing that you think violates law, and it has been reported multiple times by more than 1 person, what assumption should be made?  That is hasn't been reviewed? Or that is has been reviewed and found to not violate federal law? Someone suggesting reporting it to the responsible federal agency, but I'm not sure that's the right answer either.

thanks!

Sue

@wooden_flower I'm happy to review the listing in question! I'll email you after the chat to get more info 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 45 of 93
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: