cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, July 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

A BIG THANK YOU to Ebay and the team that developed the current announcement regarding our free listing allocations.  I'm so excited to see the main category I sell in included.  It has been a long time in coming, but I'm over the moon that it has finally happened.

Effective August 1, 2020, we are updating our selling fees with additional permanent zero monthly insertion fee listings so that you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory. These changes will be available to all eBay sellers, and you don’t need to take any action.

This Spring, we announced free listings promotions, which proved to be a powerful and effective tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. We want to help you keep this positive momentum going.

The number of additional monthly zero insertion fee listings sellers will receive are determined by their eBay Store subscription levels. Sellers who have been invited and signed up for managed payments will receive additional monthly zero insertion fee listings in select categories.

For all of the details on this change, please visit the Seller Center.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

Edit: Reply to your comment can be found here

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 93
latest reply

How can sellers be protected from fraudulent returns?  eBay has now eliminated seller input by phone or message for returns that are fraudulent.

-----------------

Edit to add: the answer to your question can be found here.

Message 3 of 93
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

A BIG THANK YOU to Ebay and the team that developed the current announcement regarding our free listing allocations.  I'm so excited to see the main category I sell in included.  It has been a long time in coming, but I'm over the moon that it has finally happened.

Effective August 1, 2020, we are updating our selling fees with additional permanent zero monthly insertion fee listings so that you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory. These changes will be available to all eBay sellers, and you don’t need to take any action.

This Spring, we announced free listings promotions, which proved to be a powerful and effective tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. We want to help you keep this positive momentum going.

The number of additional monthly zero insertion fee listings sellers will receive are determined by their eBay Store subscription levels. Sellers who have been invited and signed up for managed payments will receive additional monthly zero insertion fee listings in select categories.

For all of the details on this change, please visit the Seller Center.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

@mam98031 I agree, this is great new! I'm glad to hear it'll be helpful for you and other sellers 🙂 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 4 of 93
latest reply

I think it may have been Marnie who said recently on one of the videos that ebay would be providing a good video on how to use the eBay Partner Network. Could you check to see when this will be released? I joined the EPN, but haven't done too much with it so far.....would really like a good video tutorial, and maybe a Q & A dedicated to EPN and the free FVFs....

Note: The answer to this question can be found here

Message 5 of 93
latest reply

Thank you for the additional free listings.  Is there any chance that you can provide even more AUCTION free listings?

Message 6 of 93
latest reply

Hi Tyler,  I posted this yesterday and got no response, so am trying here:

My seller level is still forecast to be above average next review and my tracking uploaded on time percentage is STILL under 100% due the glitch Ebay had a few weeks ago with shipping dates on combined invoices being late virtually as soon as the buyer paid.

Trinton on June 25th helped me by taking my emails explaining and showing the screenshots that prove tracking WAS uploaded and scanned on time but that my selling account WAS affected.

Brian  mentioned on a July 2nd discussion, to another seller experiencing the same thing that these marks would be removed by the 14th but the marks are still affecting my account.

Now, I have had some combined payments since then and they've worked fine - so it looks like that part is fixed.     I don't know about the other posters accounts on these threads but my seller standing and percentage is still not fixed to what it should be;  it SHOULD BE forecast Top Rated and 100%. 

It is VERY frustrating and to be honest, it is angering, to still be seeing that 'Above Standard' seller level forecast every time I open my seller hub, as well as the lowered percentage on my tracking uploaded seller level, because of an Ebay error.  

Really hoping you can help get this set right.

thank you

Screenshot (31)_LI.jpg

-----------

Edit: the answer to your question can be found here.

Message 7 of 93
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I think it may have been Marnie who said recently on one of the videos that ebay would be providing a good video on how to use the eBay Partner Network. Could you check to see when this will be released? I joined the EPN, but haven't done too much with it so far.....would really like a good video tutorial, and maybe a Q & A dedicated to EPN and the free FVFs....

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques, I'm double checking to see if there is a different video Marni may have been referencing, but there was a video on our YouTube page last week that covers the eBay Partner Network (included below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkBwOdTCAEo

Message 8 of 93
latest reply

How can sellers be protected from fraudulent returns?  eBay has now eliminated seller input about fraudulent returns both by phone or message.  What Seller Protections are left for sellers?

-------------

Edit to add: the answer to your question can be found here.

Message 9 of 93
latest reply

So eBay is well aware of the MP deadline yet they can't seem to manage to have enough support staff.  Why is it that eBay continues to hide behind the pandemic excuse yet sellers are expected to keep trucking along like everything is normal?  My understanding is there are no extensions for us yet your MP team lacks the bodies to do their job...

Message 10 of 93
latest reply

Is it possible to provide a Managed Payment micropayment account similar to PayPal's micropayment account for sellers whose sales average less than $10.00?  PayPal charges a $.05 transaction fee and a 5% Final Value Fee, so a $1.00 sale with free shipping costs 10-cents, whereas MP costs 30-cents plus the Final Value Fee.

Message 11 of 93
latest reply

I am becoming increasingly concerned about the USPS shipping times and delivery estimates.  I am finding that I have 2-3 packages a week that are being delivered "late" according to the delivery estimates that usps gives and ebay puts on our accounts.

This is above and beyond the issue of historical ship times and unreasonable estimates. (that is an entire different and more frustrating problem)

For an example.  An item I shipped on July 7 with ebay's estimated delivery date shown to buyer as July 11 and the USPS estimated delivery date of July 13, has yet to show up.  This was a package that was shipped first class mail, was sold July 6th and shipped July 7 with one day handling.  The pick up scan shows it was picked up and scanned on the date as promised.   The last real scan was July 8 (depart post office) and it has an update of July 15 saying in transit to next facility.

As I stated I am seeing 2-3 a week that have this type of activity (about 100 packages a week so overall low percentage) but still a concern.

Would it be possible to invite or have an update from the shipping team?  I Know that in the past we have heard that they speak with USPS and have good communication with them.  I can't believe that I am the only one that is having these delayed packages.  It seems that a certain number of sorting centers (Chicago, Detroit, Houston) have seen Covid related issues.  I've personally spoken to someone in Detroit and have had communication with someone in Wisconsin regarding slow downs.  eBay seems to be the only one that will not acknowledge this.

In this weeks news, there are reports that the USPS has ordered carriers to leave behind mail and not get into overtime to deliver mail, which could mean even further delays.

As I asked above, could we please have some communication with the shipping team, the manager of the shipping team to discuss issues we have and perhaps open the lines of communications to help sellers with shipping issues during this stressful time.

Please do not suggest I use another carrier.  It's not cost effective and it appears that ebay is the one that is stressing me out about this even more than my customers.  The threat of losing my accounts over INR cases is real due to issues out of my control.

Thank you

---------------------

Edit: The reply to your question can be found here.

Message 12 of 93
latest reply

@cpm555 wrote:

How can sellers be protected from fraudulent returns?  eBay has now eliminated seller input about fraudulent returns both by phone or message.  What Seller Protections are left for sellers?

You only have to post one time.   Multiple posts spam the boards and may get you ignored.

Message 13 of 93
latest reply

Also I would love to know on why eBay keeps insisting on sabotaging sellers on the delivery estimates.  Your systems completely disregard our handling times we have set.  On top of that you are guaranteeing delivery !!!AT OUR EXPENSE!!! when many of these guaranteed delivery times are shorter than my handling period.  This childish game is ridiculous and tiresome.

Message 14 of 93
latest reply

Hi @cpm555 - our protections for fraudulent returns haven't changed. If you qualify for the protections that we announced for Top Rated sellers or those who offer 30-Day Free Returns, you don't need to input anything in either phone or messages. Instead, you can report your concerns with the buyer through the return itself or within Seller Help (ebay.com/sellerhelp) and they will be applied automatically.

If you don't qualify for those types of protections, you're always welcome to contact CS to report your concerns for review. You can access customer support by using the Help & Contact link in the upper left corner and selecting the appropriate contact reason to see the ways in which we can reach out to you. While we typically do expect a full refund to be issued in these situations, we definitely want to look into any potential abuse that may have occurred and help provide advice for your specific situation. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 93
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: