cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to handling “Item not as described” return requests for international sellers

Could someone give some detail around  "provide the means" to return the item within 3 business days?  Does that mean we should send them money for purchasing the return postage?  I suppose we should estimate the cost based upon our outgoing cost?  Also if that is true I assume there will be an option for us to add a screen capture of proof that we sent them money?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Changes to handling “Item not as described” return requests for international sellers

@foxboxfashions wrote:

Could someone give some detail around  "provide the means" to return the item within 3 business days?  Does that mean we should send them money for purchasing the return postage?  I suppose we should estimate the cost based upon our outgoing cost?  Also if that is true I assume there will be an option for us to add a screen capture of proof that we sent them money?  

When an eBay auto-generated label isn't available, we recommend you upload a return label directly to the return request when possible. If you’re not able to provide a prepaid label, as is often the case with international returns, you can send funds directly to the buyer. Usually, you can determine how much to send by going to the website for the carriers local to your buyer. 

You're welcome to upload a screengrab directly to the Return Details using the add photos button. However, if the buyer has trouble accessing those funds or can't purchase the label, we'll contact you before doing anything with the return. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Okay.. got it. So we must send return shipping funds within 3 days or ebay would refund them.

As a side note for some reason the "add pictures" button is not on the first return screen. So I don't have an option to add a picture until the point in which I actually process the refund. I feel like we used to be able to add pictures as soon as it was opened. I'm happy to send screen shots of my view if someone wants to check into that...
Message 3 of 3
latest reply