cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Shipping not Calculating (including) NonStandard Length Fee as of yesterday?

I know it's not just me.  But the eBay Labels Calculator stopped adding the NonStandard Length Fee whether listing, buying a label, or just plain estimating?  Hopefully temporary...

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: eBay Shipping not Calculating (including) NonStandard Length Fee as of yesterday?

I had the same issue yesterday when sending a cane in a USPS triangular box. I knew the cost was way too low, missing the $15 surcharge. I tried and hit F5 and it eventually came up correctly.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Re: eBay Shipping not Calculating (including) NonStandard Length Fee as of yesterday?

@coffeebean832 wrote:

velvet@ebay- I tried replying on the chat but got locked out.

The example @buyselljack2016 posted in the chat shows Priority Flat Rates and Media Mail- the surcharge doesn't apply to either of those services so that might not be the best screenshot for eBay to confirm the issue. 😉

But I did some testing and was able to duplicate the error- the surcharge is not being applied like it was a couple days ago. When I changed the dimensions on this package it should have applied the $15 surcharge- but as you can see, it's not doing that.

missingsurcharge.png

I'm sorry you had issues getting into the chat @coffeebean832. If that continues to happen, let us know. As for shipping not adding in the NonStandard Length fee, thestuffyouwantguy brought that up and we reached out to the shipping team about it. They came back letting us know that they were also able to recreate it and are looking into a fix. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Thank You.  I can see the stand-alone Calculator is probably being worked on because some of the Dimensional charges are getting applied.  Nothing yet with correct calculations with shipping in listings or labels.  Can only assume it will get there.   Thanks for your help.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

velvet@ebay- It wasn't a technical error on the chat. I was posting a reply and by the time I finished the screenshot it was 2:01 so the chat was locked to further replies.

Thanks for the update on this shipping issue.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Well shoot, I was hoping it was a change of heart or ebay made a deal finally.  Back to losing $25k a year in sales again.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Good news everyone! The issue has now been resolved. The Shipping Calculator and label charges include the USPS non-standard fees where applicable and they said sellers will be reimbursed for any impacted transactions.

Edit: Accepting as solution so it's at the top of the thread for all to see that this has been resolved.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Thanks Velvet.  I can see that something has changed but not exactly how it was prior to the problem.  You might have to wait on some more Feedback from others for that.  Right off the bat I can see it is not applying the respective surcharge to my estimated shipping costs when I am creating a Draft (It did before), but when I make the listing live, it is adding the surcharge on for the Buyer (I basically have to go into the Live Listing to confirm it is working).  Granted I am using the New Listing Tool so will have to experiment some more in a couple hours.  Thanks again.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

4/29 and the surcharge is still not being added to my orders. Tried editing the dimensions a little and see if that would reset it and it did not. 26" boxes are not being charged the 4.00 surcharge, but the shipping label printed says SURCHARGE on it? What gives? Ebay says it is solved, but it is not.

Cannot wait, I am sending out the orders today. 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I started a new conversation but thought I would add this thread since I found it.    I sold a golf club.  The buyer and I both paid for a shipping label which was calculated with the surcharge correctly.    However, the USPS at the buyers post office returned the item to me because it was short postage.  The USPS says that they only received $11+ for the label while I paid $26.

Hopefully this bug is fixed as the buyer is waiting 3 weeks for his item.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Also experiencing where shipping isn’t including the new fee. Please fix!!

Message 25 of 25
latest reply