cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my own carrier rates instead of eBays rates

Its been a while since I have had time to evaluate my marketplaces.  While trying to figure out why sales on eBay have slumped, I have realized that eBay no longer offers my rates from my carrier like they used too.  Yes, I have offer discounted rates checked on the eBay shipping preferences.  It used to allow me to enter my shipping number with my carrier and then display those rates.  Did this go away or am not finding the right spot.  Perhaps this change happened a while ago and I just missed it.,  Can any offer me some suggestions on offering my own rates.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Using my own carrier rates instead of eBays rates

I Believe that if you Select FLAT RATE Shipping...you can Enter ANY Amount you Wish

as a Shipping Cost...for any USPS Service.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

That is true.   But I want calculated rates.  UPS and FedEx charge based on dimensions and distance.  If I ship a 35 pound box 300 miles its one price and if I ship that same box 1500 miles it is a different price.  If a person charges a flat rate they might as well make it FREE SHIPPING and build it into the price of the item.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

What carrier are you trying to use?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@gregthree 

Interesting. I think that I get what you are saying,(perhaps not) but I was not aware that there was a coding that would apply a 'sellers own contracted carrier rates" to eBay labels/buyer charges.

You will have to wait for someone with more knowledge to chime in, or perhaps tag a "blue" for guidance/clarification.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You can use eBay calculated shipping for USPS, UPS and FedEx then ship via your own account(s), you don't have to ship through the eBay shipping window as long as you upload tracking info. You might have to pay the shipping out of pocket till funds are deposited to your bank. 

The other option would be to list showing shipping as Freight with buyers contacting you for shipping cost before paying. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

You have your own carrier?  I've never heard of that to know if some setting was eliminated. Do you mean your own account with a carrier like UPS or FedEx? 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I have fedex and ups accounts

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I know I can use my own carrier to print labels,  My rates a better than what ebay displays.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I guess this is a "Back in the Day" item we used.  Over time, ebay has evolved and they cut things out so they can benefit 100%.  But yes, we used to be able to apply our shipper account number and our rates would upload to the ebay system so a buyer would see the same rates that I am shipping them at.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

My own carrier rates.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You can apply any shipping discount that are available through eBay to what the buyers pays, so the discounted shipping cost is what they see and pay. 

Shipping discounts | eBay

Shipping your items | eBay

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thank you.  The problem with that is my discounts are heavier on some sizes than others.   If I give 50% off, some could become lower than what I actually pay.  Frustrating.  I did find the rate table to be different than the last time I looked at it.  It will be time consuming, but  I think I can make it work.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply