cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label Formatting

As of today, March 15, 2021, the formatting of eBay shipping labels is now not functional with my printers. I have been printing UPS Ground shipping labels with no problems, but now the .pdf file eBay provides for the shipping labels is off-center and impossible to print. I have used multiple devices and multiple printers, and none can properly center the shipping label. Is there a way to change shipping label orientation on eBay? Thank you.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Shipping Label Formatting

Having the same issue - really throwing off my ability to quickly process and ship items to paying customers. Please fix this now eBay!

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

brian@ebay 

This seems to be an issue across all types of browsers.  The label orientation is wrong.

@hurryagain This is a known issue. I don't have an ETA on a fix but our tech team is working to fix it. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

Unbelievable how distanced eBay is from what sellers actually care about.

How about just don't change what works and making sellers lives miserable.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Same issue here. I have been freaking out and wasted about 8 sheets of labels already.  

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@hurryagain wrote:

brian@ebay 

This seems to be an issue across all types of browsers.  The label orientation is wrong.

@hurryagain This is a known issue. I don't have an ETA on a fix but our tech team is working to fix it. Thanks!

brian@ebay 

Thank you and sorry to bother you.  I will let others know when I see posts regarding this.

😁

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Same issues here 

Hours wasted, hope they are working on it now. 😭

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

@postersandprintadsdeals wrote:

Yeah, which is why I'm concerned this was actually an intended change. Despite people reporting this issue since Friday, when I contacted eBay today they told me they were not aware of any problems.

I was wondering if they would come with the news that there's now a eBay approved printer, and although it does cost $3500, you can rent it for only $16.95 a month.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Here is a work around that I found after a lot of struggling and "choice words" until they get this fixed:

1. From label screen, choose "Download Label"

2. Choose "Open with Adobe Reader"

3. Hit the Print Icon Button

4. From the Printer Pop-up, Select "Multiple" button, pages per sheet = 2, and page order = "vertical reversed"

(Orientation should be "portrait")

This has been working for me.  Make sure you close out the PDF window after printing so you don't get them mixed up and print the same label twice when shipping your next item.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

Can E-Bay do anything right?  You guys are just a total cluster f- over there.  Every feature or change you try to make is broken and doesn't work right.  And you subject your customers to every messed up broken feature live and in real-time, instead of actually having a development system that works.

I get my labels as PDF's, and it doesn't create the PDF's correctly either.  No matter what you have picked, you get a 4x6 label.

You guys are some of the most incompetent people I have ever seen.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

I am also experiencing this problem.  Hopefully ebay will have a fix for this soon, but until then, here is something I tried.

I was able to do a workaround by opening the label in photoshop, rotating it to a horizontal position, and then copy and pasting it into a new blank document that I sized to be 8.5x11 (the size of regular printer paper).  It was a somewhat cumbersome workaround, but it did work.

Importing your order to a website like Pirateship and printing from there might work as well, but I only had one ebay order to print tonight, so I haven't been able to test that yet (although the Etsy orders I printed from there all came out fine).

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

So... whenever this miserable eBay induced saga ends, how will those who have spent the last 48 hours adjusting their computers and printers, uploaded new drivers, and generally tweeked their printing programs to within an inch of their lives trying to get them to work, know? I mean, I'm sure some of us will have some out-of-whack printers after all the desperate "knob twisting".

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

It appears the issue has been resolved. Label orientation is corrected as of 3/16/21.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

well, as of Tuesday, Mar 16 everything seems to be working okay . Label orientation was brought back to normal.  

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Think about the Magnitude of this Ebay F up !   Each of us probably burned through at least a Half dozen sheets of Labels and countless sheets of plain paper trying to get this to work. Wasted Ink, Hours of our Personal Time.    NOW Multiply that by what?  10's of thousands of folks who ship through Ebay?  I Do Not know the number but I suspect its Huge!  and you know there are folks who purchased and downloaded software, and/or Ran to the nearest Office Supply Store and bought a printer!     and if you want to get all "Tree Hugger" about it...   that's a LOT  of Waste    Thanks Ebay!     The Engineer/Programmer that caused this, and all the CSR's who told folks that the problem was with their printers, and Ebay wasn't having a problem.  Should be Looking for Work somewhere else! 

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

This started again at the end of 2022. It's now 1/8/23 and I have yet to figure out or get a workaround from the eBay Community. eBay seems to have one again tried to "improve" the shipping labels we purchase through them to get our seller discount . . . and now they're cutting off the left side of the label again. I do not - nor have I ever wanted to - print labels as PDF format. I've always closed the first printing popup and selected the second option, which now takes me to the PDF label download. There is no longer an option to adjust margins which I had dialed in perfectly until the change was made. Why do they do this without warning us and/or offering a solution to make necessary adjustments to print properly? I've resorted to putting a personal address label over the return address printed on the eBay label so my address is correct and easy to read should it need to be returned by USPS for any reason and not go to dead letter office. If ANYONE has a solution, please share it with us here!! Thank you!

Message 30 of 32
latest reply