cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shameful act EBAY

IMG_9276.jpeg

 as it shows I set package  weight at one pound. When I print out the label I notice now it’s 15.9 oz. Who do you think is going to have to pay the difference if the usps catches it? Surely not eBay it’ll be my fault that between their  site and my printer the weight changes.  It is insane the ways they come up with to save a penny and then blame the seller. How many times have I not noticed the difference and then later get hit with an underpayment that was entirely eBay trying to make more money. How many times has this happened to other unsuspecting sellers? eBay got caught red handed committing fraud the price difference of that one ounce $2. There is zero possible chance this isn’t done intentionally I have paid so much in underpayment claims yet when I purposely add weight I never see an overpayment credit like I’m supposed to. Sellers keep an eye out on your labels make sure the weight is was you stat.  I’ll post the pic of the label in comments. This is getting pathetic 

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Shameful act EBAY

Ebay has always charged me the 15.9 rate when i enter 1 lb.

I've never had an issue.

Message 46 of 57
latest reply

We've asked several times what they were charged for their label.  They make many claims but never answer any questions to clarify or show what happened.  A shot of their underpayment charges would help too.

@diecastorbust 

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Ebay has always charged me the 15.9 rate when i enter 1 lb.

I've never had an issue.

I've shipped two packages at that weight in the last month alone. No problems with either one of them.

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

I think I may have figured it out if as the OP states its a $2 difference.

Looking at just 1 of OP items it is showing me $8.15 for shipping. I am in Texas (zone 7)  and that amount shows exactly as retail for 15 oz.

If OP is putting in 1lb and also paying retail that is $10.90 for a difference of $2.75

If OP is actually paying commercial BUT putting in 1lb 1 oz the charge is $10.21 for a difference of $2.06

IF OP is consistently doing this it explains all the over charges at the $2 he keeps insisting it is.

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 49 of 57
latest reply

What on earth are you talking about?? This is what happened.

I put I the weight of one pound get changed for said weight even shows on the listings page I shipped at 1 pound. But the shipping label is changed to 15.9. The actual package weighs 14 oz then eBay comes back saying the usps said I underpaid because the package weighs 1.3 pounds when I have a receipt from the usps showing the weight they weighed it at 14 oz. The kicker eBay sent me that while the package was still on my desk waiting for me to go to the post office. So eBay changed the weight on the slip becouse commercial there’s a two dollar difference between 1 pound and 15.9 oz then eBay sent me a notice that the package not even weighs by the usps yet weighed more than what is on the label following? So I paid the pound eBay paid the 15.9 and then eBay charges me more for a package not even shipped yet. 

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

You know we can see you have never sold anything right0 feedback zero listings

Message 51 of 57
latest reply

And had you read the thread I’ve answerd  your questions. 

Message 52 of 57
latest reply

@diecastorbust wrote:

The kicker eBay sent me that while the package was still on my desk waiting for me to go to the post office.  So I paid the pound eBay paid the 15.9 and then eBay charges me more for a package not even shipped yet. 

That's not how it works. If you received a cost adjustment, it would have been for a package shipped a week or two or three ago, not for a package you didn't drop off with USPS yet. Check this page to see which of your labels have USPS cost adjustments:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/lmng

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 53 of 57
latest reply

@diecastorbust wrote:

You know we can see you have never sold anything right0 feedback zero listings

People using posting IDs to protect their selling accounts. It's very common for sellers to have different IDs for selling, buying, and posting on this forum.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 54 of 57
latest reply

@diecastorbust wrote:

I put I the weight of one pound get changed for said weight even shows on the listings page I shipped at 1 pound. But the shipping label is changed to 15.9. The actual package weighs 14 oz then eBay comes back saying the usps said I underpaid because the package weighs 1.3 pounds when I have a receipt from the usps showing the weight they weighed it at 14 oz. The kicker eBay sent me that while the package was still on my desk waiting for me to go to the post office.

That's literally impossible. Underpaid shipping charges happen when a package goes through the machinery in a sort center and the sensors pick up the weight as being more than what the label says. You can't receive an underpaid shipping charge from the USPS until AFTER the item has been shipped.

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

@diecastorbust wrote:

And had you read the thread I’ve answerd  your questions. 

I asked what dollar amount were you charged when you purchased your label.   I still don't see where you answered that. 

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

1 lb 1 oz becomes a 2 pound package. The problem is USPS 's weight class designations for Ground Advantage. Up to 4 oz, up to 8, up to 12 and then... why not up to 16? THAT is your one pound rate. The next rate is 2 pounds, then up to 3, etc. Why they think they need a separate one pound rate is beyond me. That's an awfully thin line to maintain!!😂

Message 57 of 57
latest reply