cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

Has anyone noticed more returns since they changed the policy for free returns for top rated sellers, because I have.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Returns

Yes. I have as well. I opened a thread asking if they ALL count against us or just the SNAD ones? Would anyone happen to know?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Absolutely. And since I lost my TSR and hence, my search ranking, also lost 30-40% of my sales. I never had more than one return once a month or less. Since June, I've had over ten. One because she didn't like the color. One because it didn't flatter her body. And just today, THREE from one customer that said they're just "not right" for her. Imagine that, five total sales this week ( I usually get that in a day) and THREE RETURNS!!!!!!!!

I have lost my only source of income now. I can't continue to do this without LOSING money. I just hope I can transfer everything somewhere else before I lose my shirt! THANKS EBAY. After working so hard for 4 years to built up a small, single person business, I'm dead in the water in less than a month.

So much for pulling myself up by my boot straps.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I'm sorry this has happened to you.  I hope that by dropping free returns, things will improve. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Definitely yes, and I don't offer free returns but have been eating the initial shipping.  So now I will start ending the free shipping also.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@fasinshop323,

I never accepted the offer of becoming a TRS even though there are some savings to be had.  I have also never opened a store either, and will not.  Unless or until ebay forces me to do something, I'll continue selling the way I always have, using mostly auctions, calculating shipping, and having a 14 day return policy.   After all anything ebay wants sellers to do, usually bennefits ebay more than its customers their sellers.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Nope, I've had zero returns

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@mysticallady wrote:

Yes. I have as well. I opened a thread asking if they ALL count against us or just the SNAD ones? Would anyone happen to know?

@mysticallady

At present, eBay has said that only SNAD returns are being counted against a seller .... and it is retroactive on one's account.

Being retroactive is cause for concern.  Who knows if today's remorse return might eventually be counted against a seller UNLESS it was a free return? And, eBay has private policies that might also take into account remorse returns ... we'll never know because eBay hides some policies.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@fasinshop323 wrote:

Has anyone noticed more returns since they changed the policy for free returns for top rated sellers, because I have.

1. Overall, return rates are about the same.  But, we are only 5-6 weeks into this phase of eBay, and that's not enough of a time frame to really assess whether returns overall are affected by the new policies.
  2. On items where we offer free returns, we have seen shoes/clothing return rates jump 4X to 5X, but on other items it is about the same as before.
  3. The 10% FVF discount offered to TRS+ does not cover the costs of free returns.
  4. The presence or absence of the TRS+ badge does not appear to affect sales.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Yes, practically every piece of clothing I sell anymore has a 'wrong size' return.

Lots of buyers are taking advantage of it, imo...

I have never had a return where I have not had to pay return shipping, so the way I see it, I might as well offer free returns since I am always paying return shipping anyways.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

So I got some info on free returns, if the buyer claims it did not fit or its to small the buyer pays for return. Also make sure you give a good discription of the item to void any returns do not cut coners and just list the item as you truly see it, we are professionals, that way the buyer won't give any excuse or false claims, you are protected.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

My sister was selling clothing on Ebay just like you and was doing well for many years until she hit a road block with some shipping issues over a year ago.  She has since moved her entire clothing sales to poshmark and has over tripled her sales and moves items in less than 1/2 the time.  It is strickly for clothing... it costs more, but she gets more out of each item and moves them faster.  My business only does electronics and related goods and we list on other markets constantly with some success, but Ebay is still a strong leader in our field still.  I enjoy selling on Ebay, but they have really departed from where they originated from.  A market for sellers is no longer the case... it is now solely a market for buyers.

Best of luck!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@fasinshop323 wrote:

if the buyer claims it did not fit or its to small the buyer pays for return.

Um...That is not true if you are offering free returns.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

But you made those millennials so happy. Have you looked at Amazon's new "free look" clothing store? Trump needs to shut down their USPS $2.00 A package shipping. No one can compete with this.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@fasinshop323 wrote:

So I got some info on free returns, if the buyer claims it did not fit or its to small the buyer pays for return. Also make sure you give a good discription of the item to void any returns do not cut coners and just list the item as you truly see it, we are professionals, that way the buyer won't give any excuse or false claims, you are protected.

No such thing as voiding returns on eBay and no matter how good your item description is, you will get false SNADs. There is simply no way to avoid returns here.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 15 of 15
latest reply