cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

As long as I can remember ..   There was a "button" about 1/3 of the way down the listing (just above the description, on the right side)  that allowed you to choose one of 3 options for printing out your item listing.  

I always printed out a copy of the listing and included it in the package with the item.  Today I went to do the same thing and the "Print" button was gone.   Why ?   This tool is of GREAT use.  I used it for EVERY sale I made.  I called eBay customer service and they had no answer.   The only suggestion was to do use the  "Print Screen" option on my computer.   This isn't as good as the eBay Print Listing because it includes info that isn't useful to the buyer and it doesn't leave the proper space I used to mark the item Paid In Full and a Thank You for your purchase note. 

How can I / we let eBay know how important this button was ?  Any suggestions ?  

Thanks in Advance,

Message 1 of 294
latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

Re: Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

I called eBay 2 days in a row - the different people I talk with give me differrent answers. The customer service people SHOULD know the answers. I was told by one person that the print option was removed because it was in violation of international law. Then the eBay rep got rude and asked me why I really wanted to print it out. It's none of his business, I said, but I've been doing this for the last 14 years and 2 days ago I can't. Thanks for sharing how to get around this. eBay support really sucks lately and none of the reps know personally what it is like to sell so really how much help can they be? I told them for any value they take away we should be getting reduced selling fees.

Message 31 of 294
latest reply

Just to clarify, I use(d) the print function much more often for others' sold items than for items I'd purchased/sold...probably 70/30 split if I had to guess. So while having the ability to print a purchase is still helpful, the (now) INability to print a completed auction summary is a ridiculous...ebay should be embarrassed & ashamed for hurting their PARTNERS (we're not just "customers") in this way.
Message 32 of 294
latest reply

Kindly realize that for some it is NOT solved.  What may work for you and satisfies you does not work or satisfy others.

There is still NO way to print out a copy of listings created and scheduled that don't start immediately without all the cr*p advertisting. Layout using print without the print button that used to be there that would show a preview is different and does not give all the details that we used to be able to get. 

Ebay just makes things harder and harder with changes that are NOT improvements.  Not sure it's worth it anymore......

Message 33 of 294
latest reply

Hi - I buy a lot of items on eBay, and when I do, I use a "Print to PDF" function to save a PDF copy for my files.  Before doing so, I format it using the "Print" link, which for Firefox and Internet Explorer was located, if I recall correctly, right beside the "Report Item" link.   I have noticed periods in the past where the "Print" link disappeared for a few days, and then came back, and hopefully this is just one of those hiatus (perhaps they are updating the platform?).  Anyway, from a buyer's perspective, there is no "See Purchased Item" link in the upper left of the web page, and I have been unable to figure out a way to get to that link or function, even through different routes (e.g. going into "Purchased Items" listing in the summary, going into the "See Order" and clicking on that link, etc., etc.  Like just about eveyone else, this enables me to get all the photos in equal size on the PDF, and also avoids printing out a lot of garbage re other sales.  There is no reason that I can think of why this should be eliminated.

Message 34 of 294
latest reply

Ebay are you OUT THERE !!!

WHY did you have to mess with the PRINT button !!

I use it for my UNSOLD items and so the solutions given here, sadly, do not help me 😞

Message 35 of 294
latest reply

Agree that BUYERS need to have access to printing capability.  Solution presented via "View Item Purchased" does not work for potential/real BUYERS before transactions.

Please, please BRING BACK PRINT BUTTON for buyers.

No need to "fix something that is not broken"!!

Respectfully submtted and thanks for listening.

Message 36 of 294
latest reply

IF they removed it because of being able to find the offer price, it was foolish........you can still  find out the price the same way you can find it on Etsy.............there was a U tube of how to do it almost immediately posted.........

Message 37 of 294
latest reply

Excellent answer and works perfectly. Thank you.
Message 38 of 294
latest reply

On the upper left of the listing of one of my purchased items, I do not see "View Purchased Item".

It may be been present when your daughter checked, but it's no longer there (February 28, 2015).

I routinely printed to PDF, which allowed me to keep a record of the characteristics of my purchases.

Message 39 of 294
latest reply

@andynoff wrote:

On the upper left of the listing of one of my purchased items, I do not see "View Purchased Item"....

It's found only in Sold items. Since the OP was a seller who wanted to print out his Sold listings so he could include the printout in packages he ships, this is a solution for him (it's stilll there for Sold items). There is still apparently no solution for sellers who want to print Unsold listings, or for buyers who want to print out their purchased listings.  I suppose you could ask your seller to include a copy in your package, as the OP does.

Message 40 of 294
latest reply

I agree. I am a buyer and it is essential that I be able to print each item purchased especially since eBay, living in the 20th century, doesn't offer an option to download your purchase history.
Message 41 of 294
latest reply

How do I print my purchase history items, one by one?
I agree. I am a buyer and it is essential that I be able to print each item purchased especially since eBay, living in the 20th century, doesn't offer an option to download your purchase history.
Message 42 of 294
latest reply

Add me too to the list of people that want the print functionality restored not just to sellers but BUYERS!!!!!!!! . What is wrong with you people?
Message 43 of 294
latest reply

@notrs*jane wrote:

It's found only in Sold items.

Thanks for the clarification. As a buyer, I have lost a very useful option. Sorry to see it go.

Message 44 of 294
latest reply

dhbookds wrote:

IF they removed it because of being able to find the offer price, it was foolish........you can still  find out the price the same way you can find it on Etsy.............there was a U tube of how to do it almost immediately posted.........

Instructions or link to the YouTube vid, please?

Message 45 of 294
latest reply