cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing slips do not include "ship to" address

I sold 5 items today and tried to print packing slips for them, but only 2 of the 5 slips included the "ship to" address.  I checked with Ebay about this and was informed that the reason the "ship to" address was not included was because the items had not yet been paid for.  Needless to say, this makes no sense whatsoever.  What difference does it make to Ebay whether or not I print packing slips before the item has been paid for?  I do not ship before payment, but I do pack before payment, because it is much more convenient for me to do so.  Why is Ebay going out of its way to make my life more difficult.  Am I paranoid, or are they really out to get me?  

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Packing slips do not include "ship to" address

As a quick substitute for a packing slip, you could go to "more actions," click "print another label," and just print the first page.  It doesn't look pretty, but at least it includes both the "to" and "from" addresses.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

I use them for the same reason you do and this is very frustrating!

I just called ebay and after a very long hold was told there is no issue in their end, they printed a packing slip and the ship to address was there.

I was told to clear my cache or try using a different browser, unbelievable......

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

The shipping address is on when I print packing slips as well. I just tried. I've never had a time where addresses didn't show up, but I always print after the item is paid.

Why is it unbelievable that they said they can't replicate the error, so try xyz instead? Can you print the packing slip from paypal (if you use paypal)?

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

I don't use ebay shipping as I'm not in the US so I'm not sure if you will see the same thing that I see. I can print a packing slip with all of the addresses etc if I go to the sold item in Orders and click on  'print shipping label and invoices' and then click on 'invoice/packing slip' and click on continue.  The packing slip comes up I can either print it or copy and paste it.

It may take more time than you are used to but it may be a good work around for now.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

I am having the same problem - no buyer name or address and no seller name or address on the packing slip.    I called in and was told that this was a glitch that would be fixed in 24-48 hours.  I waited 48 hours, called back and asked why no repair and was told this was not a glitch, it would need an update which might or might not ever happen.    Packing slips with the seller and buyer information is necessary per the USPS in case a package gets delivered.   What is going on with eBay? 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I don't usually print packing slips, but I did one for my last shipment and all of the information was there.

In Seller Hub, go to ORDERS > PAID & SHIPPED > Shipping Labels > Print packing slip

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@emerald_door wrote:

I just printed two labels for packages that have been paid for.  The packing slips did not include the buyer's name and address or the shipper's name and address.

One of the main reasons I use packing slips is to match the item to the mailing label in order to avoid mixups.  Another reason is in case anything happens to the outer packaging or mailing label.  Now that they've removed the buyer's name and address and the shipper's name and address, the packing slip is useless.  

And the canned messages (with exclamation points!) in quotes are childish. 

@emerald_door @yaddith  @yzf75000  @pjcdn2005  @cream_couture  Disable your ad blocker on the print label and bulk label pages.  eBay changed how the addresses are inserted onto the packing slip and it triggers ad blockers.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 22 of 34
latest reply

I have 2 separate eBay accounts, and I am experiencing the problem of no shipping addresses in 1 account but not the other. I agree that the packing slip needs shipping addresses in case the outer shipping label is lost or damaged. I also agree that the canned messages are childish. I don't know of a solution yet, but I believe this is a bug, not a feature.
Message 23 of 34
latest reply

I have talked to ebay three times about this problem with the packing slips.   They claim that they can not see the problem on their end, but that that they are working on it (what ever that means).    In the meantime, I have been printing packing slips from PayPal.    It has the buyers name, sellers name, and the item information.   And yes, the canned comments do look as if they were written by a first grader.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

**General reply not directed to anyone in particular**

When you login to Paypal to verify payment, print the packing slip there. That's what I've done since I've been here.  The ONLY address that counts is the one on the payment.

If you are not logging in to Paypal to verify payments, you have a bigger issue than packing slips IMO

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 25 of 34
latest reply

Often. Souvent. It sounds like your question about the label has been answered several ways. And those are the correct answers.

Also - oddly, i have shipped items BEFORE it was paid for (it was when I was a new seller). And I did have the address, ie: it came up before they'd paid. BUT that was 3 years ago. Maybe they've since changed that ability to ship before it's been paid for.

The other thing you are avoiding - by waiting till they pay - is that sometimes they DON'T pay! and you have to relist the item. But then you've already paid for the postage. Don't you want to avoid that situation? ie: paying for postage unnecessarily?

- And LOTS of times i've had a seller want an item shipped to another address, (ie: a hotel etc.)
(i sell clothes)
Message 26 of 34
latest reply

You can click optional boxes of what to include.
I use packing slips, and i see they've updated/changed some things w/this format.

it's still fine w/me. i actually prefer it. BUT i believe you can go into preferences to have it show or not show certain info.
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

@stephaniesmidnightboutique wrote:

The other thing you are avoiding - by waiting till they pay - is that sometimes they DON'T pay! and you have to relist the item. But then you've already paid for the postage. Don't you want to avoid that situation? ie: paying for postage unnecessarily?

- And LOTS of times i've had a seller want an item shipped to another address, (ie: a hotel etc.)
(i sell clothes)

OP wants to print a "packing slip" not a "shipping label".

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its so sad when, The one site I need Ad blockers the most, You have to turn off to do anything.. Cant pay with them on, Cant change shipping weight with them on, Cant print a packing slip with any info a packing slip should have with them on..... Cant call Ebay, Because weeks after I do call Ebay I get random Phishing Phones calls..

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

General suggestion - I use Six-Bit to handle my eBay selling - it has great packing slips.  I never print it until the item has been paid for, but that is not an issue for me because I use Immediate Payment required.  I could print early if I wanted to.  For those of you still looking for an alternative to Turbo Lister, consider it. 

RE: calling eBay & Phishing phone calls - I haven't called them in well over a year, and I get those phone calls a dozen times a day on each of the four land lines coming into my house plus a few on my cell phone.  I don't see how they are related to ebay at all. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 30 of 34
latest reply