cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing slips do not include "ship to" address

I sold 5 items today and tried to print packing slips for them, but only 2 of the 5 slips included the "ship to" address.  I checked with Ebay about this and was informed that the reason the "ship to" address was not included was because the items had not yet been paid for.  Needless to say, this makes no sense whatsoever.  What difference does it make to Ebay whether or not I print packing slips before the item has been paid for?  I do not ship before payment, but I do pack before payment, because it is much more convenient for me to do so.  Why is Ebay going out of its way to make my life more difficult.  Am I paranoid, or are they really out to get me?  

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

@stephaniesmidnightboutique wrote:
Also - oddly, i have shipped items BEFORE it was paid for (it was when I was a new seller). And I did have the address, i.e. it came up before they'd paid.

The address that's showing before payment is received is the buyer's eBay address. That may or may not be where he wants the package to go. When payment is received, the Ship-To: address will come with it, and that's where the package needs to go. If that's different from the buyer's eBay address, the Shipping form will update with the new address. Thus you should not print the label before payment is received.

(The same recommendation applies to the Packing Slip, and I notice that the new Packing Slip won't show a Ship-To: address at all until one is received with the payment.)

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Thank you so much for this! Its been driving me crazy. Disabling the ad blocker worked perfectly!

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

Because a buyer can input a different shipping address on the item when its paid then the address on their account.

let's say my address is in Missouri but when I pay I put my cousins address in Texas as the ship to address because its a gift.........make sense now?

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

If it looks like the attached then you need to disable Ghostery or other privacy plugins for Chromium browsers.  They're blocking this portion of the content for some reason.  Its weird. 

Message 34 of 34
latest reply