cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS now removing tracking from history after they lose/bury your package

I had a 1st Class package with 4 tracking notes, both sets of notes were identical on both ebay and USPS website. Picked up 7/27, a couple others tracking showing delivery to the local Distribution Center on 8/1; then last note on 8/1 showing 'in transit delivering late'.

Customer opened 'did not receive' and I had until 8/11. Today, 8/8 I wanted to see if anything changed since it's Saturday and it's last day before I have to respond. Now the number is 'no such found' on the USPS Website. I triple checked it (copy/pasted the 1st time and each subsequent time so there was no 'typo') 

So, first they'll say 'running late' and then they'll just remove the tracking as if though it never happened. Ebay still shows 'label printed'; picked up by USPS; Accepted at local Dist Center' and then 'in transit, running late'

Just an FYI, it's getting ugly with USPS. I just refunded the customer $80; seems like it's never going to move again. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Did you try an intercept of the package??

Recently had a package show in limbo; Same day it was delivered the rest of the tracking showed up after on saying it was in transit. Strange days for the USPS.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Im having same problem man, many of my customer are complaining where are the package, postal office are having internal issue and they are taking on our packages not been delivered or scan, its just sitting inside their warehouse left alone and not taking care of them, specially the first class package wich i have a lot of them, it is affecting my ebay business lately, USA government under trump is sabotaging the postal office because of the mail in ballot vote, and postal office are short staff maybe because they are under pay and dont want to work, but we as seller are paying for those packages and they are making money from sellers for each packages, no matter first class or priority mail. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

You can go to this web page and ask USPS for help finding the package. https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/

If they can't help, you can then file a missing mail report with them. I'd recommend you take a screen shot of the tracking info showing on eBay for future reference. Sometime just asking for help gets the package moving again.

Usps are having issue internally and they are taking it on our packages, not handling at all. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The regrettable part is that the USPS does not guarantee time to delivery unless you pay for some high priced shipping options. Its only an estimate.

eBay does guarantee shipping times which is a contradiction. This is were loss of dollars is happening.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I had made many claim for my missing packages lately and none of them are moving, people who work inside postal office are not working at all, and they are short staff, i guess they are not getting pay and taking on us sellers who paid for every single packages to postal office 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🙁🙁, so frustrating lately because my customers are all complaining about their orders .

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I've had that happen two times in the last four years... where the tracking disappears.  When packages go missing it can be for a variety of reasons and there's no telling the "why" of it, which is so frustrating. 

I recently had one with the same tracking messages you've gotten... right up to, "In transit, Delivery will be late."  After about 10 days I went to USPS.com and filed a tracking form online.  Within 2 days the package was located in PA (waaay off track!) and sent back on the correct route to my buyer.  Keep trying.

It's also vital that you keep in contact with your buyer and explain everything you're doing to try and locate the package.  I was lucky my buyer waited and didn't file an INR case.  I'm sure your buyer will receive the package soon.   OR you can file to have it intercepted and sent back to you.  It's out there somewhere.  It goes through camera/photo weight and label readers en route... there is proof of it being out there somewhere.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

It's only going to cost them money in the short and long haul. I'll just move to Fed Ex printing labels from ebay, charge a bit more to cover it (I do free shipping anyway and sell/make many 1 of a kind items). 

I copy/pasted the tracking in a message back to the buyer (who then decided to 'open a case' instead of waiting a few more days- I would've covered the buyer anyway)- so I will print that along with the receipt portion of my shipment and have my carrier take it back to the office so they can figure out A.) where is my package and B.) why did tracking disappear?

I ship about 1200 packages a year, about $8k annual since 2011- they will lose that as well, I'm sure, 100's of Millions in package shipments when everyone selling on the internet cannot count on them anymore. 

We'll all go private- ship UPS or Fedex and USPS will really have problems. Not sure what their end game is. 

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot?.....

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@rebell45 

You can go to this web page and ask USPS for help finding the package. https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/

If they can't help, you can then file a missing mail report with them

FYI, no- you can't get any help finding anything online from USPS when they 'delete your tracking number'...for 2 very good reasons

1.) The tracking number- which they ask for, does not exist (anymore)

2.) 'Type of Merchandise" which they ask for, has very limited things to choose from- you have to choose 1, and what I sell (auto parts) is NOT there, anything like 'general merchandise' etc. is also NOT there. Very few choices, "coins, money, electronics, jewelry and a couple other really stupid choices- none of which are even close to what I sell, as well as not even close to what 90% of this country might sell. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Call Paypal, they will restore all information about the parcel for you!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I have refunded 1 today where the package stopped moving on the 3rd and it says "missent" twice in the tracking and both times it has looped my city back to the originating post office.  

I have another customer that I am trying to call ebay about now because he is threatening to contact ebay and leave negative feedback because his package is late.... Customers are absolutely ridiculous right now.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@us-mamic 

I don't think you are reading the opening post or comprehending the title...  the USPS website is ERASING the tracking number.. it does now not exist. Ebay still has the same info, having Paypal restore will do nothing as we all have access to the tracking shown on Ebay. I'm talking the USPS website- that tracking number now does NOT EXIST according to them. I have nothing I can report against since it's 'fake news'. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

....and I thought this was only happening to me. Every time I visit the USPS tracking website, I had to take a second look thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me but it seems like many people are experiencing the same.

I ship many packages via Media Mail and First Class Mail and they have all be held up either in my state or the next distribution center. I have maybe 10 packages that are beyond 3.5 weeks as of today. So far I had 3 INR cases opened against me so I had to send a desperate request to the buyers to ask from them to close the cases. I was lucky however I have two handfuls of cases that are still 3-4 weeks late. 

My local post office would tell me there are fewer planes coming to Hawaii to pick up the packages but I read several news articles pointing to local post offices being bombarded with voting ballots being sent in. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I just did that the other day, got email from USPS, "problem resolved" NOT, tracking shows sitting in Memphis since July 30th, was suppose to be delivered on the 28th and that was a priority box, not sure how much longer I can hold my buyer off from opening a INR, had a INR open today for a 1st class in CA which has been sitting since the 30th, this is getting old quick

Message 15 of 16
latest reply