cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing slips do not include "ship to" address

I sold 5 items today and tried to print packing slips for them, but only 2 of the 5 slips included the "ship to" address.  I checked with Ebay about this and was informed that the reason the "ship to" address was not included was because the items had not yet been paid for.  Needless to say, this makes no sense whatsoever.  What difference does it make to Ebay whether or not I print packing slips before the item has been paid for?  I do not ship before payment, but I do pack before payment, because it is much more convenient for me to do so.  Why is Ebay going out of its way to make my life more difficult.  Am I paranoid, or are they really out to get me?  

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Packing slips do not include "ship to" address

@yaddith wrote:

I checked with Ebay about this and was informed that the reason the "ship to" address was not included was because the items had not yet been paid for.  Needless to say, this makes no sense whatsoever.

Am I paranoid, or are they really out to get me?  

Yes, because the "ship to" address is unknown until after the buyer pays. Why? Think on it.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

@yaddith 

You do not know the "ship to" address until the item is paid for.

That address is provided at check out when paying.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

If you print before they pay for it, if they change the address when they make payment, the packing slip would show an incorrect address. The address isn't certain until the buyer makes payment.
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

That would be my problem, not Ebay's.  I would appreciate it if they would let me run my own life.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

You asked if you ebay was out to get you regarding this. They are not. They are actually protecting you by doing this.
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it, but I could really do without Ebay's "protection."  How many times does the shipping address change at the last minute, maybe once in 100,000?

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

When a company has *millions* of sales, those potential errors in shipping-addresses add up.
As others have already stated, the shipping address is connected to - and confirmed by the buyer -at time of payment. This becomes a parameter that you must either accept, or futiley continue with objection.
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Futility isn't my thing, so I guess I will have to create my own packing slips.  I prefer choices to commandments, but Ebay obviously does not.  Thanks anyway.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@yaddith wrote:

I do not ship before payment, but I do pack before payment, because it is much more convenient for me to do so.    

How would you know the buyers address before they pay for it? When I get the message from Ebay that my item has sold, it doesn't include the buyers address.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

When a buyer pays, there will be a blue button on your seller page marked "print shipping label."  When you click that, it takes you to a page where you can print your shipping label.  On the left side, under "Order details," it lists the buyers address.  Before the buyer pays, you can find the buyer's address by clicking on the right of your seller page where it says "more actions," and from that select "order details."

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

OK. I never looked at that. I just wait until they pay.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

I just printed two labels for packages that have been paid for.  The packing slips did not include the buyer's name and address or the shipper's name and address.

One of the main reasons I use packing slips is to match the item to the mailing label in order to avoid mixups.  Another reason is in case anything happens to the outer packaging or mailing label.  Now that they've removed the buyer's name and address and the shipper's name and address, the packing slip is useless.  

And the canned messages (with exclamation points!) in quotes are childish. 

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Sounds like things have gone from bad to worse.  Obviously a packing slip without a "to" and "from" address is totally worthless.  It looks like Ebay is trying out a new system and hasn't worked the bugs out.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

I just printed multiple labels for packages that have been paid for as well.  The packing slips did not include the buyer's name  or address nor the shipper's name and address.

I too use packing slips is to match the item to the mailing label in order to avoid mixups.  Abbsolutely, the main reason is in case anything happens to the outer packaging or mailing label they could still forward the package.  Now that they've removed the buyer's name and address and the shipper's name and address, the packing slip is useless.  

Is there a way to invoke the buyer and seller address back to the shipping label regardless of payment receipt?

Message 15 of 34
latest reply