cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a package sold with the new eBay International Shipping Program

I have a buyer from Germany who bought one of my items about a month ago, and it was shipped via eBay's new International Shipping Program (formerly Global Shipping Program). I shipped the package out to the hub in Elk Grove, Illinois. The tracking shows it was delivered to Germany on February 22, but the buyer is claiming they never received it. In a lot of places in Europe they don't get packages directly mailed to them. Instead they get a notification in their mailbox of the package, which they then have to pick up at the courier's shipping center.

The buyer wants to know which company handled the package so they can investigate what happened, because there are several different couriers in Germany. And I don't know how to help them. All the tracking says is, "Handled by local carrier" and "Arrived at delivery centre". And the tracking number also does not specify which company it was. I did check the tracking number by using the USPS website and could not find it there, so I don't believe it went via USPS First Class mail. Even though that is how I sent the package to the shipping hub in Elk Grove.

If anyone knows how to contact the shipping hub, or how I can find out exactly which courier was used, please let me know so I can help my buyer find their package.

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Need help with a package sold with the new eBay International Shipping Program

I would call eBay customer service on this one.  Its hard to know who to contact internationally.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Need help with a package sold with the new eBay International Shipping Program

Customer support at eBay these days is basically useless. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Click on the tracking number on the sales history page. It will show the international tracking as well. One of mine was shipped by Asendia

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hey @goodboytoys - track the package at this website:

https://parcelsapp.com/en

You should see the buyer's local carrier / tracking info on the right panel.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@goodboytoys   did u comply with the German Packaging Act b4 shipping? if not, your package may have been deemed undeliverable due to non-compliance.

here is the link>

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/extended-producer-responsibility-business-sellers/german-packagi...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

By the way @goodboytoys - your listings reflect eBay International Standard Delivery (EISD) which is very different from the new eBay International Shipping (EIS) service.

Comparing EIS, EISD and GSP: Feature Comparison Table 

EISD reference pages: Seller Center | Help Page | Terms of Service

EIS reference pages: Seller Center | Help Page | Seller Terms of Service | Buyer Terms of Service

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

@goodboytoys   did u comply with the German Packaging Act b4 shipping? if not, your package may have been deemed undeliverable due to non-compliance.

here is the link>

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/extended-producer-responsibility-business-sellers/german-packagi...

@stuff4divas   Just FYI, when using EIS, you don't need to worry about the German Packaging Act, EIS handles that.  Has been confirmed several times by EIS team.   

EISD is likely a different story.

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

thanx  😍

@simply-the-best-for-you  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply