cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: Leaving Ebay

Such a HUGE weight will be lifted off my shoulders this coming year ! ! In order to stop the stress and HUGE FRAUD from buyers on Ebay, I will be leaving permanently after 18 years selling here. Ebay does not value me what so ever, and never did. I just got off the phone with a Ebay customer representative who refused to help me with buyer fraud. I pay Ebay between 4-6k per month to sell on Ebay only to be told there was nothing they can do about buyers committing fraud. All I can do is report it, because Ebay refuses to help me. Since Ebay is OK with buyer fraud as usual, STILL after 18 years selling on Ebay, I will be leaving ASAP. BUYER FRAUD is rampant on Ebay, and Ebay does NOTHING about it what so ever. Good bye Ebay. I am not paying you hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for you to tell me you won't help me. You have other sellers to rip off instead of me. Hopefully that is someones salary at Ebay, that you will now lay off.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: Leaving Ebay

@55-solas. That is good you want to learn, so take time to read older threads and topics here on both selling and buying sites, no-zero gave you some good advice here.

Be careful out there...the world is angry my friend!

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

True but in a store You're not paying for the shipping both ways for that privilege.

Also with camera's & other precautions can control the lost somewhat.

Ebay does its best to hid buyers who do this stuff on a regular basis.

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

So sorry you are dealing with a bad situation.  Anytime one encounters a less than honest buyer it is stressful and infuriating.  The unmitigated gall of some people is enough to make you spit. 

Please do file police reports in your city and the city the buyer resides in.  While some law enforcement locations do not have time to investigate, others take cyber crime seriously, as they should.  After filing the police reports you may wish to inform the buyer of your action - in a nicely worded way of course to let them know an investigator may visit.

I do hope you will take a day or two off from eBay to reconsider leaving.  You have worked hard to build your store and deliver stellar customer service.  Throwing that away and starting over elsewhere may not be the best course for your future.

Whatever you do I wish you only the best.

May the world be a better place in 2021. 

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

It really sucks that they do not help. I will say that most other selling platforms are similar though. If you built a reputation here you might want to reconsider. I am leaving Poshmark and coming back here for similar reasons. They do have a better resolution process where both buyer and seller are covered, but its honestly not much better. It sucks that good sellers get defrauded. You all are the ones that we want to keep here. 

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

I love the items that you sell. They are beautiful at fair prices. My horse died a year ago but plan on getting back into the horse world. I hope you find a way to stay around. I am sorry that you have been taken advantage of by some buyers. Have you built up a blocked buyer list. I have over the years to reduce some stress. We used to be able to warn other buyers about bad selling experiences but they changed that many years ago. Go into your selling preferences and make them as strict as possible. I take great offense of no_zero369 comments about horse people. I am a horse person and I dont scam people.  What a fool to assume all horse people are scamming. 

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

When I phone Ebay and prove obvious fraud and Ebay says its OK if I loose X amount of dollars because there is nothing they can do about it, but in fact they used to do something about it, but refuse to help now. You are obviously OK with fraud that can be stopped by Ebay but then they refuse to. NO worries. After 18 years and having ebay encourage, promote and facilitate fraud so many times. Yes, I will be leaving as soon as possible. Ebay can find some other sucker seller such as yourself to allow a buyer to rip off. I don't want to give any company 4-6k per month that promotes and facilitates obvious fraud. After all, they do not care because its not their money.

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

Bogus SNAD claims are one of the biggest frauds on Ebay. Especially when the buyer PROVES it in their own words right on the SNAD claim. Ebay does not care if the buyer says your item was perfect but they did not know what else to choose as a reason for the return.... Loosing a lot of money now, when Ebay used to not allow this to happen. I have been doing this for 18 years. Earlier when you could prove to ebay from the buyers own words on the SNAD claim that it is a bogus claim, they used to take care of the seller and have the buyer return the item(s) at the buyers expense, and then deduct the original shipping cost when the item was returned, making it clearly a buyers remorse return instead of a SNAD, which also counts as a defect BTW - WAKE UP PEOPLE! Its your money Ebay is facilitating fraud with ! !

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

I am so glad I was able to sell the business and get on with my life. With my numbers and metrics it was a given that it was worth so much.  So happy not to have to deal with Ebays fraud business much longer.

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

You won't find a retail sales venue that is without some buyer fraud.  A lot of merchandise leaves stores without ever seeing the check out counter. 

And you've got the people bringing stuff back and swearing up and down that it was broken when they opened it up. Now, we know darn well that it was not in fact broken when they opened it, but since we can't prove that (and sometimes things ARE broken/defective right out of the box), we have to take it back.

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

He said she said, he said he said, she said she said..  there is absolutely no way for eBay to determine who is at fault, nor should they. 

As a seller, it is imperative that we are all able to afford whatever loss we may encounter, because no matter where or what you sell there will be some loss, at some point.

As a buyer, we have to trust that what is advertised is what is delivered, or if damaged during shipping, we will be refunded. 

This is online sales, in my opinion.

The idea that you have $$$$ in sales should not be the determining factor of a platforms decisions.

You do not go to the head of the line because of your income revenue. 

Best of luck wherever you land, 

Grandma 

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

@neatstuff4utoo wrote:

I take great offense of no_zero369 comments about horse people. I am a horse person and I dont scam people.  What a fool to assume all horse people are scamming. 

Sorry you lost your horse as I am sure that was extremely upsetting and I can imagine not a good feeling.

I never said horse people were scammers, never implied such in any way.   I said they were a different breed.   What is with people getting "offended" right and left?  Cancel culture mentality?  What ever happened to thick skin as in the old saying: "sticks & stones will break my bones...."  Perhaps in jumping to a conclusion and self identifying, one helped prove my point? 😳 😎 ✌️

Hope 2021 is a year where you get back on the horse, so to speak!  Cheers!

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

Why?  Why would you take the time to do something like this?  There is no reason to be so nasty.  The op is upset and venting, and this is the last thing he/she needs.  

teeter horse, I feel your pain.  I could write a book on my experiences here.

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

Costs of doing business on the internet has to factor in buyer fraud. It’s not just Ebay.  On Amazon and other websites I am certain that huge big time sellers on there have had their share of the fraud pie and maybe more. Even having your own website will not protect you from Credit card chargebacks and lost inventory becuase of it. You either do well with the amount of sales to compensate for this and/or adjust your prices to make up for it. 

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

They don’t encourage it. There is not much they can do about it. A credit card is a theft weapon for some.

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

@sansgirlygirl wrote:

Why?  Why would you take the time to do something like this?  There is no reason to be so nasty.  The op is upset and venting, and this is the last thing he/she needs.  

teeter horse, I feel your pain.  I could write a book on my experiences here.

don't fret, it took hardly any time at all...

Message 30 of 52
latest reply