cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought Christmas was a month ago??

What is going on with the USPS. Shipped this 10 days ago 1st Class, have they lost this item or extremely slow...?   Only going from Rhode Island to Michigan.

USPS tracking #9500110340431013433025
  • Jan 16, 2021
  • 4:17am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • UNKNOWN, 01153
  • Jan 15, 2021
  • 7:04pm
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • UNKNOWN, 01153
  • Jan 13, 2021
  • 3:53pm
  • USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
  • GREENVILLE, RI 02828
  • Jan 13, 2021
  • 4:19pm
  • Tracking number provided
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: I thought Christmas was a month ago??

@mikec12 wrote:

Thank you. Well now I am confused because the ebay message siad he opened a request, but on the ebay site it takes me to the resolution center for requests or cases. The buyer says he opened up a request saying if he didn't get the item soon he will have to open a case. But is ebay already considering this a case? The page to take action says tells me to choose an option= 1. Send a message to the buyer.  2. Upload tracking details. 3. Refund the Buyer.    I also have till Febuary 4th to answer, should I wait till then? 

I have checked the tracking number on usps and it only says that i have already started a help and missing mail search. So I just did another help search, it says they re opened and escalated my case. I am sure I will get the same response as last time.  No I will not be refunding right now. I'm hoping I can get another week or so unless Ebay decides to just take my money.  What exactly would be the failed intercept process?  Thanks for the help. 

It's a request until ebay is asked to step in.  If the item shows movement in the last 10 days contact cs and see if they will extend the request for 10 days. ..

If ebay is asked to step in by you or the buyer it is then a case. 

Refund before the deadline ebay gives you to a avoid a defect. 

Since this is a repeat buyer if they may repay you once the item arrives. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

"What is going on with the USPS"...Hello, my extremely (very rare) 6th Senses aka COMMON SENSE reminds me that: USPS is experiencing unprecedented volume increases and limited employee availability due to the impacts of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience.

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

Thanks for the information. 

Message 33 of 50
latest reply

Yes... But Ebay ignores this and refunds the buyer while the item is shipped.

Message 34 of 50
latest reply

Welcome to Earth. Please stay awhile. 

Message 35 of 50
latest reply

I have a cassette (Media Mail) that is moving and making good time within the system. The only problem...it is going in circles! I have chatted with the buyer a couple times. They are ok with it. My local clerk said the Cincinnati Hub is a disaster zone with tons of regular employees either off because of Covid, or not coming in because of Covid. The hub now is mostly staffed with new hires and temps. 

• Jan 29, 2021
  • 7:55pm
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45235
  • Jan 28, 2021
  • 4:09pm
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45235
  • Jan 27, 2021
  • 6:44am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • WEST MILTON, OH 45383
  • Jan 27, 2021
  • 5:45am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • VANDALIA, OH 45377

• Jan 27, 2021
  • 5:27am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • DAYTON, OH 45401
  • Jan 27, 2021
  • 5:12am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • DAYTON, OH 45401
  • Jan 27, 2021
  • 2:33am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • DAYTON, OH 45401
  • Jan 27, 2021
  • 1:12am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45235

• Jan 26, 2021
  • 8:25am
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45235
  • Jan 25, 2021
  • 12:08am
  • MEMPHIS, TN 38136
  • Jan 24, 2021
  • 11:54pm
  • MEMPHIS, TN 38136
  • Jan 17, 2021
  • 4:27am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • MEMPHIS, TN 38136

• Jan 16, 2021
  • 11:47am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • WARRENDALE, PA 15095
  • Jan 16, 2021
  • 11:47am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • WARRENDALE, PA 15095
  • Jan 16, 2021
  • 10:25am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • WARRENDALE, PA 15095
  • Jan 16, 2021
  • 9:28am
  • WARRENDALE, PA 15095

• Jan 15, 2021
  • 2:39am
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45235
  • Jan 15, 2021
  • 1:20am
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45235
  • Jan 14, 2021
  • 4:30pm
  • DEPART POST OFFICE
  • WEST MILTON, OH 45383
  • Jan 14, 2021
  • 3:46pm
  • WEST MILTON, OH 45383
Message 36 of 50
latest reply

I couldn't reverse the above dateline. Start at the bottom and work your way up for a tour of the Eastern US. The clerk said "Your tape didn't actually come back here. Only the cart the tape was in did" WHAT??? So in other words, you have no clue.

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

That is pretty crazy lol.

Message 38 of 50
latest reply

So I guess the .09 cent raise last week for Media Mail is justified. The buyer is in New Orleans. It probably would have been just as good to place the tape in an airtight bag and toss it in the Ohio River and tell him to keep an eye on the Mississippi for it to come floating by.

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

I'm a book seller on Ebay.  I sold a book, shipped it media mail from California and it was in USPS possession the same day on 12/3/2020. The book made it to the buyer ( who was fully kept in the loop) in Kentucky on 1/27/2021 after having to file a search claim on it and getting the postmaster in Kentucky involved. It literally just kept bouncing back and forth for weeks to different postal locations. USPS needs to clean house with getting rid of both upper and middle managemant and Louis DeJoy. All the money in the world won't fix this poorly run government agency.  

Message 40 of 50
latest reply

As pitiful as all these stories are, look at this...USPS Media Mail in possession Jan. 5 here in Ohio, delivered in Arizona Jan.7!!!!!!! So it takes 10 days to go 60 miles, but 2 days to go 2,000 miles? The buyer was speechless, in a funny way. Never seen anything like that.

• Jan 5, 2021
  • 4:33pm
  • WEST MILTON, OH 45383

• Jan 6, 2021
  • 12:06am
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45246

• Jan 7, 2021
  • 4:54am
  • TUCSON, AZ 85726

• Jan 7, 2021
  • 3:28pm
  • DELIVERED FRONT DOOR/PORCH
  • SIERRA VISTA, AZ 85650
Message 41 of 50
latest reply

It is clearly more than Christmas! 

Covid

Influx of packages 

Returns 

Fires

Floods

Snow storms 

Sick workers

Temporary workers 

Did I mention Covid?

It is difficult, for sure. But it is something that each seller needs to weigh while continuing selling on any online platform.  

USPS gets a bad rap. I think with all that they are dealing with that they should be thanked for continuing to come into work. 

Patience is not only a virtue, but important during these times.

Best to you,

Grandma 

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

@mrayb70  not only did you have me laughing (hope you're not offended), but I have to say that I love your Jimmy picture. 

Grandma 

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

@mrayb70- Media mail is the slowest transit option from USPS even if it goes 5 miles. My particular case (read through the thread if you haven't already) was quite perplexing  even with Covid, Christmas and the election as I had media mail packages go even further distances and made it to the buyers house within 11 days.

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

I'm  a rural mail carrier.  Covid hit in Febuary and there were runs on stores by the end of March the volume of packages exceeded the previous Christmas Holliday season and it has NEVER dropped back down. The Hollidays are busy for 2 to 3 weeks. My jeep has been stuffed to the gills daily (last week I had one day that I didn't have to leave packages behind because I just couldn't make them fit). 

On top of this we have been down workers due to covid or quarantine because of covid in their households. The last 2 weeks we were down 3 people (both clerks and the Postmaster) There are only 12 in our office including our new half trained sub. Some offices and sorting centers have been consistently down 25% or more of their workers.

Also you should know that postal workers work evaluated time and not hourly in most cases. I am still being paid my routes evaluation 8.20 hours a day (7:30 to 3:30) though for the past year the latest any of us ever show up for work is 6:30 (except when I hit a deer on the way to work). I have rarely finished before 4:30 and normally around 5 ish. We do not get overtime except during the Holliday season. 

Yes we have been very late on packages and mail in general. Don't forget that it isn't just covid but also due to tRump putting in place a totally unqualified donor of his that tried to cripple the Postal Service in order to rig the election. In my office a carrier has a friend that ran one of the large Flats Sorters (a multi million dollar 5 year old machine). He went to work to find it gutted and was told his position was eliminated (this is a 2 conflict Veteran by the way). The union did get him another job but the machine is still not back on line and probably won't be until DeJoy is gone. If it is fixable at all by then.

Message 45 of 50
latest reply