cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A buyer opened a dispute without even asking for a refund first.

Hi. A lady purchased a necklace, it was an international sale. When she received she sent me pictures saying that she had to remove a link to make it fit and she was very disappointed. So offered her a refund without return. She stated she didn't want to mess my score up and would rather go through paypal. Then went to the order and went to put a refund in because its believe not to be allowed to go outside of Ebay, but did not say that to her. Well when went to refund the order shows as not delivered even though it was and it wouldn't let me. So then asked her to file for a refund and so my ebay store could pay it. Instead she filed through paypal outside of Ebay and got a dispute. So then accepted and paid without return.  II know that disputes have to be solved in 3 days anyways and no point in waiting almost a month for return of the necklace. Just don't understand how someone can file a dispute without asking me for a refund first? Doesn't this hurt my seller performance? It seems like no matter how hard Ii try to please it backfires on me. Ii had no idea being an Ebay seller would be so difficult. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

After reading that, I would go ahead and block that person.  They made a simple refund into a big deal.

Why couldn't they  just let you refund them?  Who did they think PayPal was taking the money from?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

auctionairecorp
Trailblazer

This Happens to me every day, literally, LOL. And I have never won a dispute, because I am a seller. they have removed some feedback which is cool, but they generally don't

You can literally buy something on ebay , then complain that it doesnt match the listing, ebay will auto grab the seller's money. You can send back an empty box with a tracking number, and ebay will steal that seller's money, and you will get refunded LOL.

Amazon : 126 billion profit last year.. with a 74% Price to earning ratio
eBay : 10 billion profit last year... with a 16% Price to earning ratio.

ebay will be a second-tier ecommerce platform soon... bye bye ebay

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

divwido, have you ever heard of thieves?  They are thieves and ebay doesn't do anything about it, effectively becoming their accomplishes.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply