cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought Christmas was a month ago??

What is going on with the USPS. Shipped this 10 days ago 1st Class, have they lost this item or extremely slow...?   Only going from Rhode Island to Michigan.

USPS tracking #9500110340431013433025
  • Jan 16, 2021
  • 4:17am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • UNKNOWN, 01153
  • Jan 15, 2021
  • 7:04pm
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • UNKNOWN, 01153
  • Jan 13, 2021
  • 3:53pm
  • USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
  • GREENVILLE, RI 02828
  • Jan 13, 2021
  • 4:19pm
  • Tracking number provided
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Christmas returns and still employee issues around Covid. Also USPS cleaning up the package backlog in some areas. It didnt just magically go away. There was collateral damage.

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

Absolutely disgusting service from USPS. I buy a lot on Ebay and this is a serious problems here. I cringe when sellers use USPS and ya know most of them do here. It’s getting to the point that I am going to have to ask the sellers here to send this stuff Fed Ex or UPS and pay extra. Terrible problem here and USPS is NOT going to improve anytime soon.

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

You first need to change your shipping charges before  potential buyers buy.  You CANNOT change your shipping rates after they buy.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 50
latest reply

Sellers here at Ebay and every other place sellers ship things purchased online should think of USPS as currently defunct. It would stop a lot of headaches before they ever started.

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

Yes, as @pooh333piglet  noted the Tidal wave that hit the USPS was MASSIVE and they are still digging out.  If something was headed for MI then it is possible item is stuck in the Detroit area which is infamous now for its bottleneck.  I have something stuck there.

So take a deep breath and be patient.  You can start the missing mail process (2 steps) to see if taht jars thinsg loose.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

Yep, USPS is still bad news if a shipment hits any of the still backed up, understaffed distribution centers. Most of those are in the Midwest and Eastern states. 

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

Thanks for the replies everyone. Still no movement today,  I signed up for email updates a few days ago but  still nothing.  Yeah the usps is pretty sad right now and now they are raising prices yet again! May have to start using a different shipping service soon especially for pricier items.  

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

I'm still seeing major backlogs in PA, MD, MI, MA, OH and a few other areas.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 50
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, they are still working on the holiday backlog. I've seen pictures of 10 semi trailers parked at the Phoenix hub that hadn't been unloaded for 3 weeks at the time of the photo, and PA hub had a 50'x80' indoor area stacked 9' high with packages. It's gonna take 'em awhile to get caught up.

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

Well since they are so backed up then Ebay needs to allow a couple months before buyers can open a case against them. I don't want to be losing hundreds of dollars because they are so late and they will still get their item. Ebay needs to stop robbing sellers!

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

@mikec12 

Yeah, no one wants to loose money on an eBay sale!

Have seen a few posters who have been keeping their buyers informed of the delays and commencing the Missing Mail process with the USPS as ways to show the buyers they are doing what they can to help get their items delivered.  Generally that has been a good approach and has been successful in avoiding INR cases.  Others refund right away and then file Package Intercepts to get their stuff back.  Maybe some of that could work for you?

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I think I'm going to try a missing mail case right now. 

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

I filed the missing mail claim a few days ago and didn't hear back at all. So last night I filed the help claim and 14 hours later they already closed the case and said it was resolved  and said    "the Postal Service™ has experienced minor operational impacts as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic."  and "Therefore, we are recommending you wait approximately 10-14 days before filing a missing mail search. However, if after that time your package has not arrived, please follow the below instructions for filing a missing mail search."   Well I already filed the missing mail after 10 days, at this point I just hope the buyer doesn't open a case because I doubt he will receive it any time soon, just terrible.

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

The "minor" is hysterical .

Message 15 of 50
latest reply