cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed delivery not delivered

I specifically bought an item because it had GUARENTEED delivery on the Monday before Christmas. It was not delivered, and 4 days later still not delivered. The seller is unapologetic and blames ebay and the post office. Why are sellers allowed to choose GUARENTEED Delivery with no intention of delivering on time? What is the point of GUARENTEED delivery when the seller has no responsibility to deliver on time. The only compensation I get is the item maybe arriving way past Christmas and $5 to spend on Ebay, which I don't really want to shop ebay anymore after this. I'm so frustrated.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Guaranteed delivery not delivered

USPS cannot even guarantee when a package will be delivered - and I will add FedEx/UPS too because anything can happen once the package is in the hand of the delivery company.  

If your pkg(s) are not arriving on time and it has "Guaranteed Delivery," please, by all means, advise eBay.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@tolovebooks wrote:

I don't want compensation. I bought it because they guaranteed it would be there. It's been 4 days past the GUARENTEED date and it's still not here. That's not even close to being delivered by their guaranteed date. I don't want $5, I wanted the item before Christmas. $5 doesn't do anything to make up for no Christmas present for someone.

Ultimately, the blame lies with ebay who came up with the whole idea in this first place. 

The seller may or may not be at fault here, but ebay is the inventor and therefore deserves most of the blame for your dissatisfaction....make sure ebay knows you are not happy with their program....it's the only way they will learn. 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@tolovebooks wrote:

I don't want compensation. I bought it because they guaranteed it would be there. It's been 4 days past the GUARENTEED date and it's still not here. That's not even close to being delivered by their guaranteed date. I don't want $5, I wanted the item before Christmas. $5 doesn't do anything to make up for no Christmas present for someone.

I'm sorry this happened, and I'm sure it's frustrating, but if you read about the guaranteed delivery date you'll find the options offered in the event that the date is missed.  That's the deal ebay offers in the way of making it right.  Considering the circumstances from your perspective, I can see why your perception is that it's not enough, but that's what it is.  It's like when the old photo processors offered you a new roll of film if they ruined yours while processing it.  They wouldn't fly you back to Disney World to re-take the pictures.  They'd just give you new film.  Unless you find proof to the contrary, the seller most likely shipped in time and shouldn't be blamed here.  I'm sure you have thought this yourself after this experience, but it's really risky expecting something to arrive just barely in time to give it as a Christmas gift.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

beam me up Scotty ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

You can stomp and rant all you want, but this is what it says about Guaranteed Delivery:

https://pages.ebay.com/shipping/guaranteed-delivery.html

If your item doesn’t arrive by the guaranteed delivery date

If the item you bought with Guaranteed Delivery doesn’t arrive on time, we’ll make it right.

To let us know, you can either:

• Find the Guaranteed Delivery information in your order emails and click let us know. Then click Report delivery issue on the order details page.
  • Find your item in My eBay under Purchase History and select Report late delivery from the More actions drop-down menu.

Next, select an option to let us know how we can make it right for you. You may be able to:

• Receive a voucher that you can use on a future eBay purchase (if shipping was free).
  • Get a refund for the shipping cost (if you paid for shipping).
  • Return the item for free and get a full refund if the listing offers returns.
  • Let the seller know that you didn’t receive your item.

That’s all you have to do! We’ll process your request right away. Just make sure that you let us know within 30 days from the guaranteed delivery date.

Even had you purchased an express overnight guaranteed shipping service, if it's not delivered by the date the carrier said, they give you a shipping price refund.   We'll get it there or you'll get your money back (for the services you contracted)

I suppose you should not use the shipping carrier anymore either because it could be their fault.

Maybe you shouldn't buy gas anymore either, because the shipper fuels his engines with gas.

Yes, I'm being ridiculous, but you're blaming eBay for something they cannot control, but offered you compensation for according to their policy.  

If you're going to storm off the site over a late delivery, your life is going to be filled with many disappointments.  In the grand scheme of things, this is but an inconvenience.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

You can stomp and rant all you want, but this is what it says about Guaranteed Delivery:

https://pages.ebay.com/shipping/guaranteed-delivery.html

If your item doesn’t arrive by the guaranteed delivery date

If the item you bought with Guaranteed Delivery doesn’t arrive on time, we’ll make it right.

To let us know, you can either:

• Find the Guaranteed Delivery information in your order emails and click let us know. Then click Report delivery issue on the order details page.
  • Find your item in My eBay under Purchase History and select Report late delivery from the More actions drop-down menu.

Next, select an option to let us know how we can make it right for you. You may be able to:

• Receive a voucher that you can use on a future eBay purchase (if shipping was free).
  • Get a refund for the shipping cost (if you paid for shipping).
  • Return the item for free and get a full refund if the listing offers returns.
  • Let the seller know that you didn’t receive your item.

That’s all you have to do! We’ll process your request right away. Just make sure that you let us know within 30 days from the guaranteed delivery date.

Even had you purchased an express overnight guaranteed shipping service, if it's not delivered by the date the carrier said, they give you a shipping price refund.   We'll get it there or you'll get your money back (for the services you contracted)

I suppose you should not use the shipping carrier anymore either because it could be their fault.

Maybe you shouldn't buy gas anymore either, because the shipper fuels his engines with gas.

Yes, I'm being ridiculous, but you're blaming eBay for something they cannot control, but offered you compensation for according to their policy.  

Ebay came up with the idea, therefore they are in fact to blame. It's their program! Ebay knew full well that they have no control over delivery dates and still decided to roll out this program. ebay can compensate all they want, but it's bad business for consumers to be misled with false promises....very bad business!

The OP has every right to be angry at ebay.

If you're going to storm off the site over a late delivery, your life is going to be filled with many disappointments.  In the grand scheme of things, this is but an inconvenience.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Dear LintBrush,

Thank you for thoroughly assessing my life and telling me what is wrong with it. I will from now on be an ignorant doormat. That will save me a lot of stress, won't it!

Now that you've helped me out you have more time to troll other people's posts and tell them what is wrong with them.

Thank you for your know-it-allness, peace be with you!

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@magicjohnsonsvariety

And eBay is living up to their Guarantee... if it doesn't happen, they'll do this.

That's what the Guarantee is.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

@magicjohnsonsvariety

And eBay is living up to their Guarantee... if it doesn't happen, they'll do this.

There's ONLY 2 guarantees in life....and I think we both know what they are. 

"IF" it does happen? Does ebay have a threshold on how many of these "IF's" is considered an acceptable level. Even if they did, they wouldn't share the numbers with the general public as they would be too embarrased to do so.

The last thing I would want is to give my customers any extra reasons to be dissatisfied........... 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@magicjohnsonsvariety wrote:

@lintbrush* wrote:

@magicjohnsonsvariety

There's ONLY 2 guarantees in life....and I think we both know what they are. 

"IF" it does happen? Does ebay have a threshold on how many of these "IF's" is considered an acceptable level. Even if they did, they wouldn't share the numbers with the general public as they would be too embarrased to do so.

The last thing I would want is to give my customers any extra reasons to be dissatisfied........... 

Time will tell.  If the GD is costing them too much, they'll stop doing it.  They are relying on carrier efficiency, and if anything, we've seen a ton of inefficiency this past month.

"Guaranteed Delivery" is really a bad name, because it really isn't possible to do that. However,  if they call it "we've determined it should arrive there by this time but if it doesn't we'll give you a voucher" doesn't roll off the tongue.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

If you decide to neg the seller, don't mention guaranteed delivery. Also if tracking isn't moving you might want to open a not received case.
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

They were promised the moon but could'nt deliver.  Guarantee is a fools word because nothing is guaranteed in life. 

Message 27 of 27
latest reply