cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Advantage Shipping

Better watch your six and keep a tighter control on all aspects of shipping as it appears that USPS Ground Advantage has increased the delivery times on at least 1st class as what used to take 2-3 days may now take 3-5 days. You can expect buyers to react to the longer delivery times. They usually shoot the messenger.  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Ground Advantage Shipping

USPS tracking

jebie8_2-1690151327201.png

After realizing it may be weeks, if ever,  before I get this, I ordered, for more money and from different seller, basically same thing from Amazon which promised delivery in 5 days and actually delivered it in 3 (Amazon's final delivery is by USPS, but Amazon logistics gets it to Hawaii.)

jebie8_5-1690151822643.png

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Don't give up on eBay sellers -- just look for Priority Mail shipping if you don't want to wait for surface-rate shipping.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Missouri to California 3 days
Missouri to Washington 4 days
Missouri to Florida 4 days

I checked some past orders and delivery times are same for us

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Same here!  Sucks!

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Well, they did, sorry to burst your bubble.  I have over 20 years of experience selling on ebay.  When I started my  present business on here over 11 years ago, a first class package/thick envelope weighing 1-3 ounces,

cost $1.62 w/o any insurance or signatures required.  All these outrageous postage increases over the years

and the quality of service has gone down down down!  Since July 9th "ground advantage" kicked off, I am

getting a huge increase in complaints from customers on shipments that used to take a few days and they

are not taking weeks!  **bleep** ??!!

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Unfortunately 'it is what it is'. No more FCP so buyers will just have to learn that if they want faster delivery they have to pay higher shipping.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Ca to OH  GA Zone 8 Shipped 07/21 Estimated delivery date 07/26 delivered 07/24 3 days

CA to MO Media Zone 7 Shipped 07/15 Estimated delivery date 07/21 delivered 07/18 3 days

Only mailed a couple of items since the 9th, but even media mail go delivered to zone 7 in 3 days.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I have 5 days handling on all my items, that being said, I usually ship the next day unless it is a weekend. So I get a jump on my shipping, and many times the items will arrive before the official ship date.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I know this is an old thread, but if you ship within your specified time offered and it still gets there a day slower than what eBay is showing the customer, that does count against your metrics? Or does the shipping spead appear differently to someone depending on their IP address? 

Message 24 of 24
latest reply