cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create shipping label.

I just sold a card on my eBay and when I went to create the label I was hit with the message “Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label”. What is the reason for this, are the eBay systems down or something?

For those wondering I’m using eBay standard envelope and trying to ship a card from TX to Puerto Rico

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Most likely @breezy_cards your buyer entered Puerto Rico as the country on their address. What you'll need to do to ship:

Explain to the buyer that the shipping service can only be used when they enter PR as the 'state' and United States as the country. Tell them you'll need to cancel the order, then they can repurchase, entering the revised address before they pay.

Then cancel the order using the reason 'problem with buyer's address'.

ESE is exclusively a domestic service and even though PR is domestic, the system will not recognize that if PR is entered in the country field.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Most likely @breezy_cards your buyer entered Puerto Rico as the country on their address. What you'll need to do to ship:

Explain to the buyer that the shipping service can only be used when they enter PR as the 'state' and United States as the country. Tell them you'll need to cancel the order, then they can repurchase, entering the revised address before they pay.

Then cancel the order using the reason 'problem with buyer's address'.

ESE is exclusively a domestic service and even though PR is domestic, the system will not recognize that if PR is entered in the country field.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Just did so, thank you so much for your help!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Letter rate shipping is not supported online.

If you want to use a cheap, untracked, fast,reliable service you will have to buy a label at the counter or use postage stamps.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply