cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Advantage Shipping

Better watch your six and keep a tighter control on all aspects of shipping as it appears that USPS Ground Advantage has increased the delivery times on at least 1st class as what used to take 2-3 days may now take 3-5 days. You can expect buyers to react to the longer delivery times. They usually shoot the messenger.  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Thanks for the heads up.. Already noticed that on one of my orders. 
Since my buyer hasn’t said anything I’m not going to either. Not poking that bear.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Already got questioned by a buyer, ebay told them 2-3 days, MO to FL, left on 10th, buyer wrote on 13th, saying ebay said it be there, it arrived on the 14th. Buyers don't even check the tracking, was in their town just hadn't gone out for delivery.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@amricons 

I've only had one sale to ship Ground Advantage this week... 2 days from Nashville to Honolulu. Not too shabby... 😊

Screenshot (58).png

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Most of my packages are taking 2-3 days longer to be delivered with USPS Ground Disadvantage.  

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

eBay needs to give appropriate estimations, they may have it wrong in the system.

However, it was expected that first class package was going to take a bit longer with merging parcel select in. One went slightly up and the other slightly down. usps advertise it as a 5 day service.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@dqdistribution wrote:

eBay needs to give appropriate estimations, they may have it wrong in the system.

However, it was expected that first class package was going to take a bit longer with merging parcel select in. One went slightly up and the other slightly down. usps advertise it as a 5 day service.

@dqdistribution 

It's been similar on dot ca for years. The estimates are mostly generic. It doesn't matter if it is going urban to urban, urban to rural, rural to urban or rural to rural. And no longer builds in customs delays as a reason for something taking a few(many) days longer. As for USA to Canada we routinely see 10 to 17 days for EIS when delivery can actually take 21 to 30 days or longer when something is going from USA's west coast to Canada's west coast. Blaming a seller for any delays (eBay estimate inaccuracies) is just wrong.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Really nothing can be done about that, U.S.P.S. Made the change & customers will just have to get use to it!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

“Patience is a virtue” is a short phrase that means “waiting calmly is a good trait.” This proverbial phrase reminds the listener or reader about the societal and moral value of waiting to get what they want until a more convenient time.

Our society is pushed into the I want it now! Kind of like a drug fix. Some sort of self-satisfaction issue. 

I remember buying some things as a child through the mail and it would take an easy 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. 

An example is the classic movie 'Christmas Story' when Ralphy is waiting that crummy decoder ring. 😂

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@amricons wrote:

You can expect buyers to react to the longer delivery times. They usually shoot the messenger.  

I do not think USPS package handling procedures are going to suddenly change over night and alter delivery times.

I do not expect any reaction from my buyers.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@amricons wrote:

Better watch your six and keep a tighter control on all aspects of shipping as it appears that USPS Ground Advantage has increased the delivery times on at least 1st class as what used to take 2-3 days may now take 3-5 days. You can expect buyers to react to the longer delivery times. They usually shoot the messenger.  

Published ship times by USPS were 2-5 biz days for First Class Packages for a few years at least. The new Ground Advantage has the same 2-5 biz day published ship time, with exceptions for things that are required to travel ground (surface transportation) only like hazmat and for larger/heavier packages to AK/HI.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

For me, packages around the same weight and size to the same areas are taking 4-5 days longer now with USPS Ground Advantage vs. USPS First Class. I sent a package out to a repeat customer at the beginning of the month via USPS First Class and it arrived in 3 days. The package I sent the same customer on the 11th (same size and weight) has yet to arrive. Judging from the tracking, I expect it to be delivered in another day or two. That's a significant delay from what my customer is used to getting from me, even accounting for the weekend.

Since I ship orders to the same areas frequently, I've also noticed that shipments are taking different routes now. Not sure if that's because everything is going ground transportation or what. My packages used to process through a local regional branch (every evening, like clockwork), then would head out to their destinations with only one or two stops in between (that got scanned, anyway); but now packages are spending two days at the regional branch before going to a sorting facility the next state over (never saw any of my First Class packages go through there before), and then several stops along the way before reaching their destination. Doesn't seem to matter what day I drop off packages; same thing.

I'm just waiting for the fallout. I tried adding USPS Priority as an additional option for customers who want to pay more to get their packages sooner; but when testing one of my listings out myself to see what my customers see, I noticed at checkout that the delivery date range for Ground Advantage was the same as Priority...what a joke! I know the release info for Ground Advantage says USPS is still offering the same 2-5 day delivery that it was for First Class, but that certainly isn't the reality. With First Class, I could absolutely ship something out to certain regions and have it arrive in two days. But now? There's no way with Ground Advantage.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

hmmmm.  so...the further west it goes....the quicker it gets there??  

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Part of reason buying anything on eBay is near last-resort for me is the delivery.  I avoid eBay, but sometimes, it's seems to be best  or only reasonable option.  This just got worse and I expect to purchase even less on eBay after this experience with Ground Advantage:

bought small item from an east coast seller on July 9, who shipped it GA to Honolulu on July 10, and as of July 23, it is somewhere unkown with unknown delivery date  - last tracket departing San Fran a week ago on July 16.  

I think this is equivalent of Parcel Select -> transport over the open ocean on a ship.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@jebie8 wrote: ... I think this is equivalent of Parcel Select -> transport over the open ocean on a ship.

Yes, that's exactly what it is.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply