cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex overcharge that EBay cannot or will not recover

In September, I shipped an unframed art print, i.e. a piece of paper via Fedex. Label charge should have been $13.80, I was charged $142.29 on my Ebay invoice. Fedex  is showing the dimensions as 54x39x3, when in fact the dimensions were 18x14x1, but Fedex does not check dimensions when you give them a package to ship.

I was told to wait 2 billing cycles to see if  EBay could get this corrected with Fedex.

Needless to say, no money has appeared. As far as I can tell, I have no recourse but to post complaints to every website, government agency and anyone else I can find and recommend to all, DO NOT  USE FEDEX.

With the amount of packages shipped via Fedex through Ebay I would think they could recover my money. At the very least they should consider doing away with Fedex as a shipper; I ended up paying $142.29 to ship a $200.00 piece of paper.

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Fedex overcharge that EBay cannot or will not recover

Ebay are thieving from everyone AND blame it on fedex...just like when they allow buyers to steal probably not real buyers but ebay reps

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

I had the same experience with FedEx.  A $4 item that was re-weighed at FedEx (I have the receipt) was charged $25 shipping.  eBay won't help, FedEx won't help.  I have used FedEx since, but I drop off and require they re-weigh, re-measure and initial the receipt.  EBay should not offer FedEx if they don't support it, and they obviously do not.

Message 47 of 59
latest reply

same just happened to me label was 14$  Just got charged 62 or 65$  Wow lesson learned I can never trust or use Fed ex again.  I mean what is going on?

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

after reading the topic am not shipping with them unless its in person  with cash .   they all so cant find addresses and deliver to wrong addresses then after a shipping another they find it.  had that happen to a seller i bought from on here cost him more then double 

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

How are we supposed to make money if they overcharge you 10X what you charged the buyer for shipping.

It actually cost me money to give away the item for free. 

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

Thanks to this feed, fedex has lost my business.  Period.

Message 51 of 59
latest reply

Class action law suit waiting to happen. I'll be ready when it does. I hope ebay pays the price for misleading the sellers as well. There should be more clarity on their end. It's very confusing and practically impossible to figure out what your charge is going to be and that's just unacceptable IMO.

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

I have seen this same thing happen with FedEx off and on over the past three years that I have been selling on Ebay. Most of the packages will be invoiced correctly,  but every so often there is a large surcharge on my Ebay invoice. No one seems to be able to give a reasonable explanation as to why. When you look at the documentation on FedEx as to why they will add surcharges for dimensions and weigh, it never applies to my packages. Yet, I still have to eat the surcharges. 

On the other side I have NEVER had surcharge from USPS or UPS.  And since I can never get a proper explanation or have the ability to contest the surcharges, I am simply going to avoid shipping on FedEx via Ebay.

There may be ways to use FedEx outside of Ebay with good rates, but I don't have that information. If anyone does, please feel free to share.

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

I got charged 1,150 for a smaller bumper that I was quoted 150$ on FedEx x3 bumpers Ebay didn’t do .....squad sell locally 

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

I even have a antique electric powered knife on the market ... Probable strolling close to a year now.

In the final three hundred and sixty five days I even have offered (on 2 money owed) Barlow Pocket kniveslink ... Never had an problem however have not had any to promote lately.

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

WERE DO I HAVE TO SIGN, IT'S A BIG SCAM!!!

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

Was shocked to see 8 years of history of this issue with people being scammed by ebay and fedex.  How is this still happening in 2021?  I just got scammed the first time,  thinking it was a fluke,  being charged double what my fedex shipping label stated.  Apparently i'm far from the first one this has happened to; this has likely happened to thousands of people over the years.  It's just not believable that someone at eBay hasn't been fully briefed on this, is fully aware of what's happening,  escalated it to leadership, and yet they allow it to continue.  It's disgraceful.

Message 57 of 59
latest reply

I stumbled on a similar issue with Fedex.  the 'estimate' ebay said shipping will be is $12.44.  Now I happen to see in my payout that fedex charged 30.73. Supposedly because I entered weight wrong.  Interestingly, this item description mentions the item was 39 oz.  Then I wrap it in cardboard and get 53 oz. Not 112 oz.

It'd be nice if ebay emails the actual charge, especially when way off like this. But then that would draw attention to it / they would get more calls.

More importantly, USPS is very expensive for bigger things and I just started using FedEx because they are cheaper.  UPS is a little more than FedEx.  

Printing a UPS label, it doesn't charge me right away.  So can / does the same billed at a higher price later happen with UPS?  Do they also scam the same way after the fact?

ebay.JPG

thanks!

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 59 of 59
latest reply