cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex labels from eBay with max 1000 additional liability?

Is this a glitch or has eBay updated their agreement with FedEx? Like just yesterday I was able to purchase liability for even more than $2000 with FedEx but now it's capped at $1000? Anyone knows if it's temporary?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The $1K cap has been in place for a while.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipcover/shipping-insurance-shipcover?id=4643

Even the third party insurance offered through eBay, ShipCover, has a $1k cap.

If you purchased a FedEx label through eBay yesterday you would not have been able to insure above $1K.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I purchased a FedEx shipping label with over 2k declared value through ebay on January 9th 2024. I  used Ebay fedex labels on multiple shipments of items over $1000 for several years now. This must have changed recently, rather inconvenient because now I have to go to another service to print shipping labels for higher value items. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

they definitely changed it recently.  Fedex used to have a way higher limit and ups was the one that had the 1000 dollar limit.  unsure as to why fedex or ebay made this change as i sell items worth a couple of thousand regularly.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply