cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay items arriving in Amazon packages???

I get that many sellers here sell on eBay and Amazon, but as a seller and and buyer it really irks me when I order something on eBay and get it in an Amazon package.  It confuses me as I am expecting an eBay package, not Amazon. As a seller is irritates me as Amazon already has the market cornered and eBay needs all the help with advertising we can get.  Does anyone else have an issue with this?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Yep. 🙂

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

I can see where this might seem like an underhanded surprise to a buyer, but in reality, if the price was right and the item arrived without issue, I don't care where it came from.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

"Why do you keep advising this?"

Because it's the right thing to do.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

I do not have an issue with where it came from.

I have an issue with my wife paying more buying the item on  eBay via an Amazon drop shipper than she could have purchased it directly from Amazon.

Her reasoning is that Amazon does not accept PayPal.

It was a tough row to hoe, but she now understands that her eBay selling proceeds can be transferred to a place that they can be used to purchase on Amazon.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

I often find lower prices at eBay, but I check all avenues for nest price!

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

Sometimes it's the lowest price on eBay despite the dropshipper's upcharge, you don't have the $100 Prime Membership, and you can't make the $35 free shipping minimum on Amazon.

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
"Why do you keep advising this?"

Because it's the right thing to do.

Lol.

nope it's the WRONG thing to do.

opinions are like...well you know...what everyone has

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Are you receiving 'gift receipts' along with your 'Ebay' Purchases inside of the Amazon boxes? I've purchased a few items from Ebay and they were shipped from Amazon, one item arrived the very next day after I paid on Ebay. WOW!!
Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@fluffycatgal wrote:

it really irks me when I order something on eBay and get it in an Amazon package. 

Maybe it's just me, but I'm more interested in the contents and their condition rather than the package they came in. 

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

And that's why using a Prime account for this is prohibited and should be reported.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 25 of 33
latest reply

It's called ethics.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Why would you possibly object to a seller using a free medium for shipping. If you had any idea of the high fees Ebay add Paypal charge sellers on top of the seller usually having to buy shipping materials, printer paper and ink and then having to pay for gas to go the post office and stand in long lines just to send something out to a buyer you might think differently.  Yes it is necessary to actually physically go to post office and get item scanned now so Ebay cannot say it wasn't and hand out their "evil" defecs when the PO messes up. Sellers have to cover their butts.

Sometimes buyers are not knowledgeable (not always their fault). I use old already used USPS priority boxes by turning them inside out. This is perfectly legal as the boxes have already had postage on them. But I have gotten negative comments about stealing. Sometimes the boxes are the exact size I need.

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

I use old already used USPS priority boxes by turning them inside out. This is perfectly legal as the boxes have already had postage on them. But I have gotten negative comments about stealing.

USPS doesn't allow reuse unless also Priority. Please research

http://consumerist.com/2008/05/01/dont-reuse-that-usps-priority-box-its-illegal

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

I'm with @chrysylys on this matter. I have a Prime membership and I don't appreciate other people misusing theirs and potentially driving the price up for the rest of us. Much like I don't like getting a first class package with a padded flat rate envelope inside for bubble wrap. I report them. Not because I enjoy it or feel that I'm policing anyone, but because 1) It is the right thing to do and 2) It is the people who cheat the system and take advantage  in those ways who mess things up for the rest of us.

Misusing Prime & free Priority packaging isn't a clever business strategy. It's fundamentally dishonest.

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

Indeed - very dishonest. This just happened to me - ordered from eBay, got an Amazon package, complete with Amazon shipping label. Not a word about eBay at all - I looked at it and wondered, because I no longer order from Amazon.

This upset me a lot. I don't care about the box if someone is just re-using an Amazon box. I always look at the shipping label, the box is irrelevant. But sending me something from Amazon that I bought on eBay IS upsetting. I purposely do not want to buy on Amazon any more because twice in less than a year I was ripped off and cheated on there. One order for Hot Hands toe warmers, which I've been buying for my mom for YEARS, had a cheap knock-off version that only lasted 5 hours instead of the 8 the REAL brand name does. Yet, the packaging was identical with the "8" simply changed to a "5". DECEPTION!!!

Then, just a few weeks ago, I ordered a bookman for $100.00. I get a cheap knock-off that sells for less than half that price. I contact the seller and get a response, "Sorry, on vacation!"

I'm not going for strike three so decide to stick to eBay or going to the store. I buy on eBay and get a package delivered from Amazon fulfillment. Yes, it bugs me. Absolutely.

Message 30 of 33
latest reply