cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay items arriving in Amazon packages???

I get that many sellers here sell on eBay and Amazon, but as a seller and and buyer it really irks me when I order something on eBay and get it in an Amazon package.  It confuses me as I am expecting an eBay package, not Amazon. As a seller is irritates me as Amazon already has the market cornered and eBay needs all the help with advertising we can get.  Does anyone else have an issue with this?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Not in the slightest.  I reuse Amazon boxes (and boxes from other online stores) all the time as a seller because a) they're free, and b) they come in a good variety of sizes.  Why pay money for something I can get for free?

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

There are times when I use an Amazon or other box in which I received something myself.  Recycling boxes this way is far better than having them in a landfill.  The mailing label clearly states the package is from eBay, along with my username and mailing address.  Unless you are getting a large number of packages, this shouldn't be too confusing. 

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I also re-use boxes, this is different, these packages are coming directly from the amazon fufillment center, label says so as well. Thanks for your replies.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

@fluffycatgal wrote:

I also re-use boxes, this is different, these packages are coming directly from the amazon fufillment center, label says so as well.

Your seller is either misusing Prime, or has product warehoused at Amazon.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Sellers are allowed to drop ship from Amazon, nothing wrong with that. My family members order plenty of items from Amazon and I reuse the boxes instead of throwing them away. Why buy boxes when I can get them for free? As for expecting an "ebay" package, does it really matter where it comes from? For me it doesn't matter, as long as I receive my item(s).

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

The purpose of the Amazon Fulfillment Center is to ship orders for its clients, regardless of where the products were sold --eBay, Etsy, website, etc.  It is a central warehouse to which the seller has provided his/her inventory.

In other words, the seller has hired the service to ship any and all orders. It does not mean the seller bought the items from Amazon.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Thank you Duchess for the great explanation, I did not know that was how it worked. I sell on eBay only, and buy as much as I can here as well to support the community.  Amazon has changed a lot since they have gotten so big and I have had major issues with them, one defective Kindle after another, and they now have a policy where they send you a refurb as a replacement for a defective new item. Has happened to me twice. So not a big fan, but a necessary evil as they say. Thanks for all the input!!

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

No, it's mostly what that means.

If a buyer doesn't want to do the leg work before I don't see why they care that the package was bought on amazon AFTER it was delivered. 

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Contact CS via Chat over there. Have the shipping label handy so you can supply the numbers to them. If they can determine the item was purchased using Prime, they will either shut that account down or cancel the Prime membership.

Then Neg the seller here.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

I really dont see why this is such a big deal AT ALL.

Would you feel better if the box said PETRA, D&H, or Ingram on it? (distributors) as apposed to Amazon?

Putting aside eBay rules for a moment (and I dont know what they are nor do I use Amazon to ship my orders) .. why does anyone care where the goods come from as long as they are on time and they are the item you ordered?

ALOT of larger sellers use Amazon FBA and Amazon Prime to ship orders for other platforms - its neither illegal, odd or even uncommon.

If eBay has an issue with it - thats for them to decide - from what I know they USED to be very strict with it, but lately havent been interested in dealing with the issue (and why should they?)

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@fluffycatgal wrote:

I get that many sellers here sell on eBay and Amazon, but as a seller and and buyer it really irks me when I order something on eBay and get it in an Amazon package.  It confuses me as I am expecting an eBay package, not Amazon. As a seller is irritates me as Amazon already has the market cornered and eBay needs all the help with advertising we can get.  Does anyone else have an issue with this?

About 1 out of every 25 of my ebay purchases actually say "eBay" on the box. When I receive an Amazon-branded box, I know the seller is a recycler, and I like that.

No issue with it at all.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
Contact CS via Chat over there. Have the shipping label handy so you can supply the numbers to them. If they can determine the item was purchased using Prime, they will either shut that account down or cancel the Prime membership.

Then Neg the seller here.

Why do you keep advising this?

you seem unwilling to recognize eBay sellers use Amazon fulfillment- that has absolutely nothing to do with Prime membership.

and if they are using their Prime account? Why would an eBay buyer "Deputize" themselves to be a part of the Amazon Police Force?

Amazon isn't going to pay them one thin dime to rat an eBay seller out.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Yes, I have an issue when something I bought off of ebay arrives to me from Amazon. The issue is I didn't look around for the best price.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

Yes, I have an issue when something I bought off of ebay arrives to me from Amazon. The issue is I didn't look around for the best price.

So you're saying you have an issue with yourself for failing to do your homework?!

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 33
latest reply