cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer rips you off and Ebay refundeds every time. Sellers leaving Ebay every day

Well yet another buyer bought two hard drives. Applied for a return and sent two junk hard drives back that don't match what I sent. And Ebay wonders why sellers are leaving for Amazon every day. I have been selling on Ebay for 18 Years and I dont know if I have it in me anymore. I have been going to Amazon. Making more money and dont have to worry about Ebays hate for sellers anymore.

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Buyer rips you off and Ebay refundeds every time. Sellers leaving Ebay every day

I'm in the IT business and have been in this business for 32-years. How do you like Amazon because I'm thinking of doing the same thing you are doing. What are the major differences? I know you can send equipment to Amazon and they will warehouse it, pack it and ship it. Are ther other programs you can use besides the fulfillment program?

Thank You

Message 31 of 59
latest reply

Re: Buyer rips you off and Ebay refundeds every time. Sellers leaving Ebay every day

calistas
It takes four violation reports by different sellers to be able to block them from purchasing, and before ebay will take action (they may remove buyer's MBG eligibility, or suspend the account altogether).. But you have to make sure you have your buyer preferences to block them automatically for violation reports.
Message 32 of 59
latest reply

been a seller since 2000 not anymore , the way ebay treats seller now i have no use for them , they forget that sellers made them the best place to sale , without sellers there are no buyers, they no longer want the little sellers that made ebay the place to buy unusual items we need a on line flea market /yard sale we don't all want things you can buy in dept stories. the buyer is NEVER wrong ! even if ebay rules in your favor they send you a message saying ebay ruled in favor of buyer, i am selling on local places like marketplace , craigs , local selling pages , not as much money but buyer picks up item and they see it they pay for and end of sale , period .i loved ebay when i first started sellin now i hate it will no longer buy or sell .
Message 33 of 59
latest reply

very true . quit selling on ebay until they go back to the way they were.
Message 34 of 59
latest reply

already quit . it's not worth it .
Message 35 of 59
latest reply

ebay pulled the plug on their own company !if everyone would quit selling they might change their policies
Message 36 of 59
latest reply

SO TRUE I am real CLOSE, at the edge of my rope
Message 37 of 59
latest reply

I agree that ebay's main concern are the buyers. The fact that sellers cannot leave negative feedback put the sellers at a distinct disadvantage.....................

Message 38 of 59
latest reply

I did not.  The buyer was from California--outside the jurisdiction of my local police department and I was/am unaware of anything that USPS could do to help.  I really believed that eBay should have resolved the issue.

Message 39 of 59
latest reply

I think if you sell an item with no returns on the listing you should be fine, so you must have accepted the return. So, if the customer was not honest and sent back junk you should have reported that to give eBay the opportunity to investigate and possibly refund your loss. I feel your pain and being stolen from is not nice although it has not happened to me so far, good luck selling.
Message 40 of 59
latest reply

@richards*rock*collection wrote:
I think if you sell an item with no returns on the listing you should be fine, so you must have accepted the return. So, if the customer was not honest and sent back junk you should have reported that to give eBay the opportunity to investigate and possibly refund your loss. I feel your pain and being stolen from is not nice although it has not happened to me so far, good luck selling.

Great comedy writing !!.   

eBay will not help with a problem buyer stealing from a seller. From my own experience, and other comments on this forum also tell the same story.

Message 41 of 59
latest reply

As you know per eBay Fall 2018 seller update  starting October 1,  Sellers with “very high” rates of  “item not as described” return requests will be subject to the additional 4% final value fee.

I can write a book of the tricks by my buyers who are claiming that "item is not as described" but just wanted to return an item for a free. I am not discussing here we all should describe an item correctly.  Let's say it's described correctly, all pictures made of the actual item, packed in the extra rugged box and no visual damage of the box on arrival.

The regular case is when my buyer is receiving a laptop, manage to drop it somehow and claiming it had a damage. Another good one - installing a some illegal software with a virus, ruin Windows and claiming "the laptop is not working".  The majority my cases are closing in my favor. Not only that, 50% buyers are not shipping computers back even with my prepaid label!

My biggest problem is with eBay at this monent. I  just called to eBay and customer service representative agreed that more than 50% of my cases are not my fault. 

HOWEVER, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW WE'RE CLOSING THE CASE - IN MY FAVOR OR NOT, eBay will record it toward those “item not as described” cases and add it to statistic to increase fees to another 4%.

The customer repr. said "I agree, it's not fear to sellers". Of course, nothing he can do about this.

I've requested a call from eBay management. Will update you here.

Meanwhile, any thoughts?

Message 42 of 59
latest reply

Message states:

I would call eBay and ask for the Resolution Department and speak to one of those reps.

-----------------

Response:

And get an immediate defect because it is stated all appeals and calls to resolution center receive defects because Ebay wants the seller to work things out themselves. It is NUTS!!!!!!

Message 43 of 59
latest reply

Your police dept.takes the report and forwards it to buyer's.Usps postal inspector(the have the ability to file charges etc.) w get involved if the get enough reports on the same person and the $ lost gets high enough.

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 44 of 59
latest reply

It only takes 2 in 12 months if you set it that way in your account

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 45 of 59
latest reply