cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer rips you off and Ebay refundeds every time. Sellers leaving Ebay every day

Well yet another buyer bought two hard drives. Applied for a return and sent two junk hard drives back that don't match what I sent. And Ebay wonders why sellers are leaving for Amazon every day. I have been selling on Ebay for 18 Years and I dont know if I have it in me anymore. I have been going to Amazon. Making more money and dont have to worry about Ebays hate for sellers anymore.

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Buyer rips you off and Ebay refundeds every time. Sellers leaving Ebay every day

Even when you describe an item completely buyer can have you pay return shipping by saying anything. I recently sold a doll that had 1 thumb damaged so made it a point to describe this flaw accurately. They received the doll and opened a return with me paying return shipping because the dolls thumb was damaged. So I wrote back and said they should check my listing but I would still take the doll back but they should pay shipping since it was their mistake.Called ebay and they offered no help. So it turned out she responded and now complained about a different issue.This is a buyer with no feedback except my good one which I always leave after shipping.also my listing says buyer pays return shipping. Anyway,I knew how this was going and just wanted it over so just accepted the return and paid 11.00 for a label when the original shipping was 7.00. Called eBay about this too but again no help. So I have to know before I list an item that there is truly no seller protection and I sell totally at my own risk. I know of no other business that can operate this way and stay in business.

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

Thanks. I of course blocked them immediately. Seems like 4x is a bit lenient for extorting sellers. It’s pretty straight forward on the definition of extortion, and in this buyers case, it was, ‘if you make me return this item I will leave negative feedback to make sure no one thinks you sell new items” She wanted a 50% discount..I offered a return with prepaid return label, she threw a temper tantrum..
Message 47 of 59
latest reply

I am not quite there yet, but their promoted listings..i won’t feed their pockets more for less.,and promoted listings don’t work if everyone is promoting. Instead I do discounts for buyers, rather pass along the discount to them than charge more and pay more only to have no seller protection..
Message 48 of 59
latest reply

Not sure if I replied before, but the day I get a 4% fee tacked on for buyers remorse in disguise as SNAD..because this is another policy ebay created to corner sellers into free returns..well anyway, that day will be my last day selling on ebay. I can return my inventory..they are out of their minds thinking anyone with a choice would choose to sell here with that, and other policies..

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

exactly..what you do is increase prices and the honest buyers pay for ebay’s inability to see fraud when it smacks them in the forehead
Message 50 of 59
latest reply

I don't accept returns so I never have to deal with that. You have that option on each item you sell. I've sold everything successfully on ebay with no problems.
Message 51 of 59
latest reply

Come on guys, these fine thieves have to go somewhere. No other venue is so accommodating as eBay. Just about any other venue bans you when you pull this trick just a few times but on eBay the business of thieves is just as good as anyone's, eBay is not out of any money after all. Quite the contrary, these nice specimens even boost eBay's income by purchasing constantly and now that sellers are going to be slammed with an extra 4% final value fee if their perceived "item not as described" rate is too high, that is a double win for eBay. Who cares that most of these sellers are not Target or Costco so they have room for taking these losses. All the small individual sellers are already chased away, eventually only the large players are left who could take these losses but of course, they have dedicated raps to take care of these issues.

All I can say is that every year I did my back to school shopping on eBay, this year I went somewhere else (River - and trust me I do not like them either). There were no reasonably priced items in the category I was looking for, that's because of these losses sellers have to cover and raise their prices to unattractive levels.
Message 52 of 59
latest reply

I AM GETTING RIPPED OFF THE SAME WAY RIGHT NOW.

I sent the buyer brand new parts Posi and ring and pinion AS PICTURED...

I too asked the buyer for pictures which took 5 days ... Then showed me pictures of a Open NON POSI carrier greasy and gears used and greasy saying i sent them to him.

How are we the SELLERS suppose to defend our selves against this ... This guy pulled out his old differential parts took pictures of them and said we sent them and keeps our new parts and makes ME SEND HIS GARBAGE CARRIER AND GEAR SET REMOVED USED PARTS BACK AND GET A FULL REFUND INCLUDING ORIGINAL SHIPPING TOOK... WHAT A SCAM!  ( WHAT THE HECK IS THE POINT OF POSTING PICTURES AND DESCRIBING EVERYTHING WHEN THE BUYER CAN JUST MAKE UP WHAT EVER THEY WANT????)

ebay needs to do something about this... all eBay says is well your doing pretty good and there are a few times this will happen...W+T+ F  is that the crappiest thing your ever heard.

I do have a few final things to call ebay on that might help as the limited slip unit is heavier than the stock non posi so the weight going to him will be different than the weight coming back.  FED EX shipping plant weighs every package and i can prove the difference in weight with web sites that have weights up and show they are different.

FINALLY I mark every part that leaves the shop with a J D stamp ... so I now the unit and gear coming back will not have this stamp as I know what I sent him BUT I have to prove it and again it will be at the mercy of ebay ....

I have almost 3500 transactions and they have 5 and have just started in October.... Only thing they bought were 5.00 beads in the other transactions and I am sure they set up new accounts with different computers and names etc.  ripping people off along the way. 😞  It is SAD...  I work very hard to give the customers what they need and make as honest descriptions and work with people that have a legitimate complaint or just plain made a mistake in buying an item and want a return etc.  VERY DISAPPOINTED in the system .  If you have had this happen. let me know if you  lost or won on your decision or have any brilliant ideas for this not happening again.  Thank you for your time,  Jim

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

He never showed the inside of the packing either as there would be oil in the packing if that garbage was sent in my boxes and packing material... Just shows the side of the box to appear that is where it came from... ALSO IF we would have sent a OPEN non posi (which we do not even have cause they do not sell and no one would buy them )

We would not leave a single ring gear bolt hanging from the carrier like that ... Shipping to OHIO to Texas it would have fallen out ...lol.  Just a TOTAL scammer ...

I AM FED UP with this ebay taken the buyer side just because they want buyers... If there is nothing to sell, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY BUYERS... Soon as I get the web site complete BYE  BYE EBAY!!!!!!!

Jim

J D Race

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

I had an eBay rep come out and tell me that because they consider you a business, they just expect you to eat the losses. Your only hope is if you're a casual seller. But I still wouldn't hold my breath. They said any dispute against a return is automatically decided in the buyer's favor. If you call it in, you have to have the buyer admitting that they sent something that wasn't yours, otherwise you don't have a case. All of that hard evidence you have? It's not even enough.

The part that infuriates me the most is:  Why even make the seller think they have a chance? Why encourage them to dispute a return if there's a problem, and reward them with an automatic win for the buyer and a DEFECT???? A defect for reporting someone for trying to scam you?? I've been a full time seller for 13 years and I've been around for a lot of bad changes, but I've never seen the future looking so bleak.

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

@monzaz wrote:

I do have a few final things to call ebay on that might help as the limited slip unit is heavier than the stock non posi so the weight going to him will be different than the weight coming back.  FED EX shipping plant weighs every package and i can prove the difference in weight with web sites that have weights up and show they are different.

Did you send a FedEx label for the return @monzaz or have eBay issue a return label?

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

I sent the label as ebay charges more than our discount through fed ex... Already in the hole do not need more money from my pocket.  😞  Jim

Explain - why one way would have been different than another as I  AM SURE THIS will happen again some time in our selling history.  😞

Thanks for any extra info that can help. 

It is moving now so will see what they return to us. 

Jim

Message 57 of 59
latest reply

fed ex label was from us and our account. just to be clear as i reread the post i just made... 🙂

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

Quoted 'The part that infuriates me the most is: Why even make the seller think they have a chance? Why encourage them to dispute a return if there's a problem, and reward them with an automatic win for the buyer and a DEFECT???? A defect for reporting someone for trying to scam you?? I've been a full time seller for 13 years and I've been around for a lot of bad changes, but I've never seen the future looking so bleak. '

Boy I totally get that.... The reason they make seem like you have a chance is to try and keep you and get new business.  Once you realize you do not have a hope like I do now... we wise up and move down the road.

Pretty soon all of ebay will be just big companies again selling the ones that can afford to take a hit all the time...

I am just a small differential shop trying to sell off some stuff we get from shops that go out of business and we did get a deal with performance show that got us good new product that was just table display to help when times are slow in the diff shop.  it helps but when all your profits go up in smoke on one sale it kind of hurts now we have to sell 20-30 more small items to make up for the bigger dollar item we lost on ... It is a darn shame... cause the unit sold for a good price for the customer yet it was not good enough they had to rip us off totally.

We will not sell any product that is close to the Mexican boarder anymore as this is the second time it has happen where the address has been close to the boarder that this happened. Sorry TX, AZ, NM,  Southern Cally And even Southern Florida.... Just the way it has to be.

Message 59 of 59
latest reply