cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer rips you off and Ebay refundeds every time. Sellers leaving Ebay every day

Well yet another buyer bought two hard drives. Applied for a return and sent two junk hard drives back that don't match what I sent. And Ebay wonders why sellers are leaving for Amazon every day. I have been selling on Ebay for 18 Years and I dont know if I have it in me anymore. I have been going to Amazon. Making more money and dont have to worry about Ebays hate for sellers anymore.

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Buyer rips you off and Ebay refundeds every time. Sellers leaving Ebay every day

1 had it happen to me. A buyer bought a coin returned it and it wasn't the same coin that I sent him. I sent a picture to ebay that showed them it had been opened and then restapled and they still refunded this guy. In the coin world there are a lot of scamers out there and ebay is makeing it eazy for them to rip you off.  They (ebay) needs to take another look at keeping sellers safe or they are going to lose a lot of sellers.

Steve

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

Re: Buyer rips you off and Ebay refundeds every time. Sellers leaving Ebay every day

Thank you  

Steve

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

That's what ebay told me to do file a police report.  That will get you nowhere and cost a lot of money to go forward.

Steve

Message 18 of 59
latest reply

I don’t sell much of anything above $50.00 - I can’t rely on Ebay or the buyers.. I know that I can’t afford to sell high end items and take the loss , when the buyer changes their mind and possibly ruins it when it’s returned, I have as well considered Amazon.. But I’m not sure whether I want to start all over with another company- I think Ebay is going in a spiral downturn- the policies are ridiculous, they “ Think” the buyers are “The holy gospel “  and the feedback system and return systems are an utter joke..

Maybe, Amazon should purchase Ebay - and clean house..

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

AMAZON CAN AFFORD IT. SINCE ITS CEO IS WORTH 160 BILLION

Message 20 of 59
latest reply

I'm back after being ripped off by a buyer who said they hadn't received goods which I found them selling under a different name. Buyers rule on Ebay.

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

I often feel sick when sending an item that is high risk...just did and the buyer gave quick positive feedback, and I could exhale. It is a shame ebay does not do anything because the honest buyers are paying for the dishonest..just like in insurance fraud, etc. And there definitely are more honest than dishonest, but the scammers are becoming more prevalent. In womens clothing often I will get a complaint of an “odor”..a year ago I would offer money to dryclean the new item..now I offer a return, no one returns.. silly me, I fell for it at least 5 times before catching on. Now there are times I’ve noticed an odor, either the store burned incense, or item was returned and worn..and I will alert buyer if I didn’t notice until packing, but that’s happened three times out of 5000 items fulfilled.
Message 22 of 59
latest reply

I reported a buyer who was reported twice before for the same issue, extortion. She’s still on the site. I contacted other sellers asking their experience and they told me extortion, they reported and ebay did nothing
Message 23 of 59
latest reply

It will take time for some sellers to find their way to new platforms, it’s been a 6 month process for me to unwind and I still have at least 2 more months until only a basic store here and low inventory and other revenue generation..and I am (or was) the high volume individual seller. I think ebay banks on sellers being cornered.

Message 24 of 59
latest reply

but they are not stupid, I don’t think?
Message 25 of 59
latest reply

yikes.. infuriating
Message 26 of 59
latest reply

I send over 500 lots a month priced £2 to £100,anything under £20 I get proof of posting and anything above goes signed for. Anything goes missing its paid for by Royal Mail. Just means lots of work for the village postmistress.

Message 27 of 59
latest reply

eBay will not protect sellers except for INRs (most of the time).  Like any small business we have to step up and protect ourselves.

File mail fraud with the Post office (and get the detailed delivery tracking report including the GPS delivery location if needed).  File a fraud complaint with ic3.gov.  File a police report and have it forwarded to the buyers local PD, if the police dont' want to insist you need the filed police report for insurance.  Then take all the paperwork, appeal the refund and supply the paperwork as evidence.  You may get a courtesy refund from eBay.  Report the buyer for MBG abuse as well.

More importantly the buyer is now on the radar with the post office and police.  The PO takes mail fraud seriously, especially if they receive multiple filings on the same address.  It's a federal crime and it does get enforced, but only if we take the time to report.

Encourage other sellers to do the same when in this situation, it's the only way we as sellers can protect ourselves.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 28 of 59
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

eBay will not protect sellers except for INRs (most of the time).  Like any small business we have to step up and protect ourselves.

File mail fraud with the Post office (and get the detailed delivery tracking report including the GPS delivery location if needed).  File a fraud complaint with ic3.gov.  File a police report and have it forwarded to the buyers local PD, if the police dont' want to insist you need the filed police report for insurance.  Then take all the paperwork, appeal the refund and supply the paperwork as evidence.  You may get a courtesy refund from eBay.  Report the buyer for MBG abuse as well.

More importantly the buyer is now on the radar with the post office and police.  The PO takes mail fraud seriously, especially if they receive multiple filings on the same address.  It's a federal crime and it does get enforced, but only if we take the time to report.

Encourage other sellers to do the same when in this situation, it's the only way we as sellers can protect ourselves.

Very good advice. You have to be a *bleep* sometimes and sometimes, you just let it go. Everything goes out insured and I will fight claims (as few as they are) if the buyer is a scammer. I can outlast both the buyer AND eBay. That's the attitude you have to have in order to get results.

Message 29 of 59
latest reply

I'm so sorry for what you had to go through and for your losses. I just have to wonder if you actually got through to the Resolution Dept. as I have had the CS dept. say they were when they were not. It sometimes takes time and several calls to actually get to this department because the other departments are there to run interference. These other departments are not beneath stating they are what they are not. But from the sound of your contact, it sounds more like one of the others.

The best way I have found to actually get to the Resolution Department is from the automated caller that answers the phone when you call in. When it states the department it thinks you want, I just say "no, Resolution Department". I then am re-routed to that department without having to ask CS to get me there. They never want to pass you along for some reason and can actually send you to over 9 different departments without ever getting you to where you want to go.

I hope you the best and if you do decide to try it again here, just remember what I wrote here. Take care.
Message 30 of 59
latest reply