cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having delivery issues with "ebay standard envelope"?

I've been using this new "ebay standard envelope" since it came out to ship cards to buyers for quite a few orders, and so far it's worked fine.  Well, I purchased a single card from someone else that was supposed to arrive today that was shipped to me using standard envelope. Tracking and ebay notifications all tell me it was delivered today...yet it wasn't in the mail that was delivered to me today. Then, in a bit of irony, I was just contacted by a buyer about a card I them...same deal. They got ebay notice that the items was delivered and tracking shows it delivered as well...yet the item was not in their mail. 

Seemed rather ironic that I would end up on BOTH ends of standard envelope delivery issues on the SAME day...so I wondered if anyone else has had any issues today (or recently) with delivery of items shipped using ebay standard envelope. Thanks!

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

98% of the time I get no issues but I am thinking of switching back to a stamped envelope because of this foolishness. 

Side note, has anyone actually gotten a refund for a non delivered/lost item?

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

I've heard on these boards from time to time of sellers getting a refund with the insurance that comes with ESE but I'm wondering how that's going to work with tracking that says no more than "label created" I think that with 50% or more of my ESE shipments the tracking ends there.

Also this week got 2 late shipment defects on ESE shipments and I never ship late, looked into it and surprisingly both had full tracking but took 10 days to get from Western Washington to California, my fault, huh?

ESE won't be touching my TRS account with a 10 foot envelope

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

I had a buyer contact me last night 3/19/22 saying the card was delivered to Atlanta, Georgie, but he lives in Missouri.  What's the deal?

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

I was also told by an agent that they couldn't scan the ebay standard envelopes.  After some research I found another ebayer who said the scan is only done at the sorting machines. I also contacted ebay because I wasn't ready to ship the package and was unable to cancel the label and was told I couldn't cancel the label because I wasn't charged yet and there wouldn't be a charge until the envelope had arrived at the destination.  so you don't pay for the label until it arrives.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

I would stay away from any rigid mailers.  The max weight for the standard envelope is 3 oz and when you add the weight of the card, rigid card holder & a weighty semi rigid mailer it bumps up the weight.  I just use a regular 6x3 envelope and maximum 2 rigid card holders.  It's a science.  Most of the time I can squeeze 2 cards in 1 holder, so I can ship a max of maybe 6 cards.  I tape them together with the open end of one side to the closed end of the other (flip them).  because 2 bottoms are thicker that the thin open end tops where u insert the card.  that's so u don't have the thick ends together making one end thicker than the other.  U can ship more that way.  I also put 2 to 3 cards in between the rigid holders that are taped together.  the 2 rigid holders protect the card (with penny sleeve) in the middle.  If the cards are thicker that changes things.  

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Mine was delivered to the wrong address in the wrong state. I contacted my buyer and we both agreed to give it a week.  I want to see if the person will put the package back in the mail and then see the post office put another sorting scan on it.  if not, I'll have to go the claims way

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Everything you describe is happening to me too. I was on the phone with eBay for a long time yesterday and the service rep didn't know about the "standard envelope" shipping option. However, she did say she would remove a "late shipment" defect I had received (hasn't been removed yet, but she said it would happen at my next monthly evaluation). Something is very wrong with the "standard envelope" shipping option.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

I'm having same problems...Some show delivered and others the tracking never gets updated so I have no idea if the customer received the item or not.  Just recently a customer asked where his package is and it's been about a month, now the tracking just updated a month later saying it's out for delivery.  How does it take a whole month for a envelope to be delivered when a regular envelope sent thru the post office will take a week max any where in the USA?  The savings in shipping cost is nice but just sending an envelope in normal mail will get there faster so something is seriously wrong with this service.  I would rather pay the extra couple bucks to make sure the item arrives safe and sound and not worry about negative marks on my account because of eBay screws up.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

Absolutely!  I have bought four postcards within the last month on eBay of which the sellers sent using the new Standard Envelope system.  Two were marked, by eBay, as delivered when they had not been - I am still waiting for one the was "delivered" on March 30th.  I just do not understand how eBay could not have failsafed the program before going forward with it.  This appears to be exactly the same thing they did with the Global Shipping Program when first rolled out.  They used a contractor in Kentucky to handle everything when the people were not up to the task.  Many of my packages went to wrong addresses overseas, costing me hundreds of dollars.  Because of that fiasco, I am no longer offering my goods internationally.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

The fact that delivery is not confirmed in many cases leaves the door open to unscrupulous buyers to make the claim the card was not received and request a refund.  I have experiences with buyers that appear to be dealers.  DON'T USE THIS SERVICE!!

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

Yes. I'm having problems. My buyer has paid for ebay standard but when I try to buy shipping ebay will only process it at "first class" rate. This has happened twice this month. I've contacted ebay and their reps are of no help other than acknowledging there is a problem and their tech team is working on it. In the meantime the buyer is waiting and other items to be shipped in coming days will no doubt experience the same issue. Ebay is not helpful at all.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

I'm having this exact problem - twice in the last month. The problem is still not fixed and the chat reps are of no help. The first time it happened, the rep finally agreed to rebate me the difference between what the buyer paid (ebay standard) and the first class rate ebay was charging. But this is not something I'm going to rely on for any items going forward. Ebay seems to be tone-def to this issue. In fact, the first rep you talk to on a chat/phone call will automatically deny there's a problem, or suggest what I'm sending isn't eligible which I have to point out is absolutely wrong. Ebay is really messing things up and no one there seems to be willing or able to build a fire under these 'tech' guys and get this problem solved.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@uvcollectibles wrote:

98% of the time I get no issues but I am thinking of switching back to a stamped envelope because of this foolishness. 

Side note, has anyone actually gotten a refund for a non delivered/lost item?

If you go back to stamps then you will become a magnet for the "I didn't get it" buyers whose scam stopped working on those using standard envelope.

The standard envelope insurance has paid out for every single claim I ever made. 'I ship close to 1000 of them a month.  Most months I have to make zero claims. No way would I ever go back to stamps. 

I do keep a few copy and paste replies to feed to customers who send me tracking related questions. 

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Check the post office . Ive been having problems with them adding postage on mine ! Even if its perfectly within ebat standard envelope regulations they treat it like a package , either with the excuse of the tracking , or of it being too shiff. Which is ridiculous because school pictures and birthday cards are comparable and never have issues. I have even been told by a worker from usps that they(usps) never agreed to ESE and ebay is doing this with out their permission. Yeah right . And they told me to tell ebay to fix it . Like if im a ceo of ebay or something . 

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@arkansauce1 wrote:

Check the post office . Ive been having problems with them adding postage on mine ! Even if its perfectly within ebat standard envelope regulations they treat it like a package , either with the excuse of the tracking , or of it being too shiff. Which is ridiculous because school pictures and birthday cards are comparable and never have issues. I have even been told by a worker from usps that they(usps) never agreed to ESE and ebay is doing this with out their permission. Yeah right . And they told me to tell ebay to fix it . Like if im a ceo of ebay or something . 

Never bring them to the post office. I had problems when I did that too. I drop all mine in a mailbox that gets picked up by a postal worker that doesn't work out of the post office that delivers my mail. 

I pack mine this way, I tape the little lump of cards with double sided tape off center inside the envelope, alternating sides from one order to the next. That way the stack sits flat, and they can be bent completely in half by anyone who wishes to do so. 

Over time the general amount of trouble I have had with them keeps going down even as my volume keeps going up. I think at this point they are finally getting used to seeing them. It has probably been 10,000 of them since the last time I had one show back up at my house insufficient postage.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply