cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having delivery issues with "ebay standard envelope"?

I've been using this new "ebay standard envelope" since it came out to ship cards to buyers for quite a few orders, and so far it's worked fine.  Well, I purchased a single card from someone else that was supposed to arrive today that was shipped to me using standard envelope. Tracking and ebay notifications all tell me it was delivered today...yet it wasn't in the mail that was delivered to me today. Then, in a bit of irony, I was just contacted by a buyer about a card I them...same deal. They got ebay notice that the items was delivered and tracking shows it delivered as well...yet the item was not in their mail. 

Seemed rather ironic that I would end up on BOTH ends of standard envelope delivery issues on the SAME day...so I wondered if anyone else has had any issues today (or recently) with delivery of items shipped using ebay standard envelope. Thanks!

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Not sure, but I have gotten the idea that the scan. at the last processing center, will show it as delivered.  Both will probably be delivered tomorrow.   Let us know.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

We shipped an item with that new standard sports card thing.... the lady at the desk at the PO said they couldn't scan it (there was one of the block scan things by where a stamp would be on the envelope...) but shipping time was due and we paid for the label so, we sent it off...

The message I got from eBay before we had this sale was that it was to be shipped by USPS and trackable by them... they told me they couldn't scan it...

Just waiting.... 😕

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

The mailman does not scan the Standard Envelope, it is done at the last distribution stop.      So it will show it is delivered before the mailman even goes out for his route for the day.       I have stopped using the Standard Envelope because I had 15 packs that were never scanned at all last month.        Several others only scanned the first stop at USPS Distribution center that it was initially taken to and never scanned again.      A number of the customers still received their cards from me even though there was no update.        I also had customers open cases against me saying they never got their cards.       Lastly, Ebay put in all the card sets that the USPS never scanned down as a defect against my account saying I never got them into the system on time.       USPS does not scan these at the counter like my other packages.      I have to just put them in the slot and cross my fingers.       In one month time this has been a fiasco and failure by Ebay & USPS.     I am the one held accountable for their failures. 

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

One of the big problems was the promoting of those 6x8 semi-rigid mailers. The ebay store sold out of those very quickly and many of those are not being accepted as machinable. The barcodes can only be read by machine and if an item gets pulled it can result in no scan and postage due being charged. Nobody in the P.O are elsewhere has given any clear answer that these will go through system without a hitch. I would recommend only using a standard envelope and keeping well under 1/4"  to avoid problems.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Go here to file a claim for a lost eBay standard envelope package! If you talk to a representative don't let them tell you it's on the USPS - eBay provides protection for this service up $20

https://pages.ebay.com/sell/standarddelivery/termsofservice.html

claim site - 

https://www.pip-claim.com/PIPClaim/eBayIntClaim/CreateeBayClaim

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Anyone having issues not being able to select the standard envelope when they are ready to purchase labels? While I usually have no issues selecting Standard Envelope, I've had this happen several times (even though it was identical to other items - under 3 ounces and in a 9x1x4 envelope) and had to select First Class label instead (and losing out about $2.50 on the item). I contacted Ebay and they are working on a fix. I'm not going to use standard envelope until this get fixed because of it. 

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

That will not solve the problem! I sell coins , mostly pennies and dimes. I package them in a #6 3/4 envelope (6 1/2" x 3 5/8") nothing is ever over 3/16 thick and is very pliable. Buy the eBay standard envelope affix it to the envelope ( not covering any barcode with tape) Put it in the mail. And guess what! 90 % of the items send do not get scanned or tracked. The new system eBay has SUC*S. Like every ting they do they roll it out with out ever seeing if it works. I have talked to 4 postal employees and ever one said they "CAN NOT" scan these envelopes. Two tried to scan it in front of me and it showed nothing. Everyone needs to complain to eBay and tell them to fix this or scrap it! 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

No, the only time I've had a problem in my experience with 200-250 envelopes is when I accidentally tried to use  it on a rare item that I could have listed in the postcard category but instead listed as a ham radio QSL card instead. Whoops!

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

I will agree as a buyer that these envelopes show "delivered" before it reaches my house.

Had one that took 2 delivery days to show up after being marked as delivered.

My mail comes usually about 6 pm, but items are marked delivered at 11 am.

Packages are scanned again by the carrier before being placed in the box, but that does not seem to be involved with tracking.

Dunno, so far none have been lost.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

I too am having the same problem with the eBay Standard Envelope showing "Delivered" when it physically has not been delivered yet.  It usually shows up a day or two later.  

The issue is that some buyers freak out and think that their "Delivered" envelope has been stolen or went to the wrong place.  I've had buyers checking with neighbors or posting on "Nextdoor" about their lost "delivered" envelope.  Usually the buyer will then contact me and I explain the unique tracking issues and they happily get their items shortly. 

But now some buyers are just going ahead and quickly filing disputes.  Last month one buyer got a full refund from my account when they didn't want to wait for it.  Maybe it did indeed get lost, but I used to be able to have the buyer wait 30 days for a lost envelope.  Now they want refunds quickly.

Here is the latest example: I mailed a postcard 11/23 and yesterday (11/27) the customer filed a dispute of non-delivery, since eBay Standard Envelope tracking showed it was "delivered" at 6 AM on 11/26.  I answered the dispute but the buyer can just close it, and receive a full refund after 12/2.  Filing insurance claims for only a $10 item seems time-consuming.

I sell about 100 postcards a month, mostly for about $10 with free shipping.  I have been using the eBay Standard Envelope for several months but the constant customer concerns on tracking (false "delivered" or lack of tracking) may not be worth the hassle.    Up front, every buyer gets an e-mail message from us explaining the nuances of the eBay Standard Envelope, but more and more are not reading it, or ignoring it.

I may just revert to putting stamps on the envelope with no tracking and charging $1 postage and self-insuring.  The alternative is to pay about $3.50+ for regular First Class Tracking, which certainly is not worth it for a $10 item.  I may lose my power seller discount but at least impatient customers won't be tracking the envelope. 

What do others do? 

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

WOW amazing you can actually it it to print out, I just wish I could! called ebay about 12 time and spent over 12 hours on the phone they keep promising me they will have it fixed in 48 hours now have been over 100 days,, they started refunding me the extra shipping i had to pay but that ended quick, but what do you get from ebay I have been with them for 23 years now a lot of promise but never deliver. They also promised me a personal account rep if you buy a store from them and that lasted 1 month. But boy they like taking the 1500.00 every month from me they don't miss up on that?????

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Yes this happens all of the time using eBay standard delivery. No idea why but I hate it when people use this option when sending cards. There is no way to track the items! It is very irritating. 
currently I have an item that says delivered, where is it? 

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Has anyone else having their seller status reduced because of tracking.  I have been using the standard envelope and 6 or 7 shipments have not been updated or logged by the USPS yet 3 of them gave me positive feedback meaning they received the product.  As usual, many do not leave feedback yet I have had no complaints or negative feedback so my envelopes are being delivered, but the USPS is not logging or updating their status and I'm being penalized for not providing tracking info.  Something is wrong with the system and I'm being penalized.  Anyone else seeing this happen to them?

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Yes; my status was top rated, but it's going to drop to above standard at my next evaluation. They need to fix this and stop penalizing us for things over which we have zero control.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply