cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Media mail isn't available for some categories email from Ebay

Did any other media sellers get an email today from eBay stating they had listings in categories that don't qualify for USPS media mail, and that the eBay label purchasing won't allow them to ship media mail?  The only products I sell are ALL media:  books, CDs, DVDs - and all qualify.  Is this a glitch?

tyler@ebay

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello! It appears this email was sent with incorrect categories and/or listings. Given the USPS determines the eligibility of items that may be shipped using Media Mail - the email was intended to provide a heads up of sorts, for any sellers that may have been offering it incorrectly. We're not blocking any new/additional categories though, and you can expect to receive a corrected email soon. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I got one just now and hopefully Customer Service will be calling me about it. So far USPS's website doesn't say that DVDs can't be shipped via Media Mail. And there isn't any announcement on Ebay about Media Mail changing their requirements. I have no idea what is going on but I hope Customer Service can tell me. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

According to the email I received my listings in the following category:

Category name:  BOOKS & MAGAZINES:BOOKS

are no longer eligible for USPS Media Mail via eBay Labels.

I will contact eBay customer service. Every seller who received this email should do the same.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I got one today. Gave me the number of items in each category by number. But basically it is all the BOOKS that I sell in the Antiquarian & Collectible Category. Clearly they qualify - the link Ebay provides regarding media mail states: Books over 8 pages. Does NOT qualify that by the age of the book. Wasting my time trying to figure out what is going on.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

yes, got it also - i am hoping it's a glitch - lots of other sellers got this email also - make no sense at all

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@the-movie-man-plus 

@nilis13 

@phoenix317 

@fromnorth2south 

Absolutely everyone should ALSO report this in a private message to eBay via the social media groups immediately:

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I got the email as well.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I also messaged them and she said she is partnering with the Tech team and looking into it as she agrees that something doesn't look right with that message.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I received the same message, and it's ridiculous!  VHS tapes?  Yes, those can be shipped Media Mail.

In addition, there are several categories in Collectibles, but eBay needs to understand that there may be some books and legitimate items shippable by Media Mail that are more appropriately listed there, rather than a general Books category.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

They just confirmed to me in a DM that it was an error via @AskeBay on twitter

I have confirmed that this message was sent out in error due to our system pulling information for an incorrect data table. We will be sending out corrected communications soon, but for now you can disregard the email you received, as it was clearly incorrect.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Hello! It appears this email was sent with incorrect categories and/or listings. Given the USPS determines the eligibility of items that may be shipped using Media Mail - the email was intended to provide a heads up of sorts, for any sellers that may have been offering it incorrectly. We're not blocking any new/additional categories though, and you can expect to receive a corrected email soon. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

THANK YOU velvet@ebay 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Could you please confirm that this email was actually sent by ebay?

I contacted ebay yesterday and was told that it was NOT sent by ebay and that I should forward messages to spoof@ebay.com

Now it seems that it was in fact sent by ebay and I would like to confirm this and would question why I was told yesterday that it was not.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply