cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any progress on moving "most recently responded to" to the top?

the title pretty much says it...as is, important conversations just kind of die sometimes as they drop further down the list...please, please, please add this otherwise basic feature...thanks!!!

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: any progress on moving "most recently responded to" to the top?

Testing

VintageCarMagazines

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

@somanypostcards wrote:

sheila@ebay wrote:

We've been releasing updates every week and this specific update will release next week. Keep in mind that something could possibly go wrong but when I spoke to the developer today she sounded confident that everything will go smoothly.

I try to update this post every week, but I'll also try to remember to come back to this post and give an update. Feel free to tag me. I might not respond right away, though I really try to, but I will eventually see your message.

Thanks for letting me know about this issue!

You say "this specific update will release next week" yet you do NOT list it in your update post that you make every week.  Hopefully it will be implemented next week.

Looks like this specific update was NOT released this week.  In the last update it now says:

"Coming Soon:

A post will jump to the top of the list, according to the latest reply/activity and will not be sorted by latest post date."

How soon is coming soon?

"I do not see that under coming soon"

It still says;

"Need more time to assess:"

"The items below have been requested by members of this community, and the team is evaluating them for inclusion though not all may be feasible. We want nothing more than to bring a great experience to our Community members and will work hard to make that happen. This list is by no means ranked, but rather what we’re currently tracking.

"1. Bring recently posted threads to the top of the board. Too hard to follow where you might have left off on the thread if you step away. Need to add clarity so it’s easier to follow posts in the a thread. Sorting, in general, needs improvement. New responses to posts should appear at the top of the boards and not just new boards"

etc etc

"Is this what you're talking about?" 🤣

-------------
Posting ID
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

"We've been releasing updates every week and this specific update will release next week. "

Is an update THE fix?

Will it be fixed then updated?

Is an update about updating the fix?

Is it an update about the update?

Or maybe an update that more time is needed to assess the update?

Is this what you're talking about?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Looks like today is the day.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

sheila@ebay 

thank you!!!

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

I don't know what they have done, but by fixing this problem, which I disagree with, they've managed to move all the Pinned Posts from eBay way down the lists. They are suppose to be at the top so people can get questions answered without searching or posting sometimes. This change has had some unattended consequences which always happen when you blindly jump in to try to fix something without testing it first.

@jack_bucks_ghost 

sheila@ebay 

Great, now we're getting posts that were answered and solved last year jumping up to the top because someone decided to make a comment on it today. It's not working folks.

@jack_bucks_ghost 

sheila@ebay 

@rebell45 

that was the same with the old board layout...posters regularly resurrected old threads, so that's nothing new

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@rebell45 

yeah, i can definitely see the bumping of pinned items down the list is a problem--pinned means in place, so i do agree with you on this one

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

I always saw new posts at the top, and I don't remember ever changing a setting to have it that way. This bringing old posts back up is not working for me. Am I missing something.

@jack_bucks_ghost wrote:

@rebell45 

that was the same with the old board layout...posters regularly resurrected old threads, so that's nothing new

@jack_bucks_ghost

In the previous Community software, posters had a choice on how threads/topics would be displayed. Members could sort by:

Latest Post Date

OR 

Topic Start Date

Like @rebell45, I always sorted by the most recent thread, not the most recent reply. I want to see the thread that's just been posted by someone, not a thread (whether old or more recent) someone just choose to reply to.

Those two options still appear on the main board pages under "Options;" however, the Sort by Topic Start Date appears to no longer work. 

I do realize people like to sort by the latest reply, so I'm really glad that got revised, but there are also those of us who prefer to sort by Topic Start Date.

@rebell45

Just FYI, I'm going to start a thread on this board requesting this option be added back in, if you care to include your opinions on the subject.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@pburn 

thanks for clarifying...i didn't realize the sort by start date was now disabled (i guess because i never use that)...yes, that option should still be there--shouldn't have to be just one over the other, but optional.

@rebell45 

so you weren't missing something, i was...lol

Message 27 of 27
latest reply