cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only positive post "good morn" is zapped but where are the new boards?

This post will likely get zapped too but...

The good morning post got removed and I could see it if it were just moved..

But it was deleted..

I should have been MOVED to the "break room" board, which was announced per this link.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/What-s-New/Community-structure-revamp-coming-the-week-of-05-23/ba-p/31... 

I am not finding most of those boards (am I missing it?) 

What gives? 

000000000community_team_3-1621443380280.png

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: The only positive post "good morn" is zapped but where are the new boards?

brittanie@ebay 

VERY helpful, Brittanie! Thanks for the update and the links!

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby You are very welcome! 😁

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

brittanie@ebay,

I notice that beginning today 6/25/2021, posts on the "Ask a mentor" board are beginning to show up on the Community feed: www.community.ebay.com

Until today, posts on "restricted" boards were not included in this feed. Only posts on boards that do not have restricted access were included. That is appropriate, but including posts there which are on restricted boards that only a few members can reply to is not appropriate.

When will this be fixed, so that posts on restricted boards are not included in the main feed for the eBay community?

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@lacemaker3 Thank you for catching that! We changed some settings and they should take effect soon that should remove those from the main feed. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Thanks, brittanie@ebay.

It's now about 12 hours after you posted, the following morning, and the restricted posts are still showing on the main feed.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@lacemaker3 Grr.... well that's not what we want. We'll have to investigate this further. Thanks for letting us know!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

@lacemaker3 Okay! I figured it out and it has been updated and Ask a Mentor posts are no longer in the Activity feed. 🙂

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

brittanie@ebay, thanks, that appears to have worked. The only time the word "mentor" is found on the main page is when it is in a post or the link to the board in the right channel.

However, while I was checking I noticed that the link to "Load more" posts at the bottom of the feed is not working. No matter I many time I clicked, there were only 20 posts on the page.image.png

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@lacemaker3 Glad at least one thing is fixed. 😝

I wasn't able to re-create the 'Load more' button not working. Are you still seeing this? If so, could you try in an incognito window? If that still doesn't work, can you let me know your browser version and operating system?

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

brittanie@ebay,

I am using a laptop with WIN10, pretty up-to-date. 

I use Chrome for the community. The Load more button was not working when I mentioned it, and was not working when I first saw your post and checked again. With Chrome, it was loading 20 posts on the first page, and would not load any more when I clicked it. This was while logged in to the community, obviously.

I also tried FireFox and Edge, but not logged in (I don't want to log in with any other browser).

With FireFox, I got 15 posts on the first page, and clicking Load more loaded a variable number of additional posts, with no discernable pattern to the number of additional posts.

With Edge, I got a variable number of posts on the first page (between 7 and 11) and clicking on Load more loaded a variable number of additional posts.

After that, I cam back to this browser, Chrome, and checked again. Now the Load more button is working here as well.

So, at this point, I would say the problem is intermittent, and I can't confirm it either. But, I have experienced it.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@coffeebean832 Yes! I just was checking the ticket and they said it is working as it's supposed to on the Community Info page, which I was able to confirm a bit earlier, but wanted to see what @lacemaker3 was seeing before I commented. When I went back to the same page (https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Info/ct-p/inside-ebay) it's now not loading posts, so this seems to be a bit more in line with what @lacemaker3 is saying about seeing intermittent issues, because I'm getting the same experience. I've followed up on the ticket with Khoros.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Thanks Brittanie. I'm on a Mac if that helps. I generally use Brave to access the community.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

brittanie@ebay, this is the page I was commenting on, where the Load more button was not working intermittently:

https://community.ebay.com/

That's the page where I normally review posts.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@lacemaker3 Thank you! Khoros let me know they believe this issue is tied to some performance issues they are seeing. They're investigating the performance issues and hopefully they'll be able to correct this quickly so you're not seeing these intermittent issues.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 30 of 30
latest reply