cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported Bug: Reply box on community

As noted, there is a bug live on the community right now that is impacting the layout of the comment box. I believed initially it was isolated to Safari, but we are still validating that.

I agree, it’s ugly, and annoying, and not working as intended. It’s from a planned release to upgrade backend stuff but didn’t happen in the testing environment so was unexpected.

I’m hopeful of a fix sometime tomorrow to set things back to normal.

Thanks for hanging in there... 

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Reported Bug: Reply box on community

Rebecca Thank you for the reply. Its good to know that this is not a permanent feature.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Also: The first post in each thread  is duplicated.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

This is how it now appears on firefox.........not sure what is intended, but this box is a bit bigger than before.

I would point out that it will take more scrolling when one writes text of more than 4-5 lines so not sure it is an improvement.

I would also point on that the underline function is no longer visible..........and not sure the drag/drop or browse files to attach works.......or what it's for since the photo option is still in the upper line of function options.Screenshot (35).png

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

rebecca@ebay 

So now the replies appear below/above the person you are replying to?  That will make it impossible to read "new replies" on the thread without reading the entire thread again..........not good, in my opinion..........

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

well, now a reply appears properly.......instead of just under the post to which one is replying...........I guess what one sees at just after replying is sorted differently after the thread is revisited/refreshed..........

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I just want the spell checker back PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

This is how it now appears on firefox.........not sure what is intended, but this box is a bit bigger than before.

I would point out that it will take more scrolling when one writes text of more than 4-5 lines so not sure it is an improvement.

I would also point on that the underline function is no longer visible..........and not sure the drag/drop or browse files to attach works.......or what it's for since the photo option is still in the upper line of function options.Screenshot (35).png

@dhbookds while this issue is being sorted out you can use the little triangle icon in the bottom right of the comment box to expand it to a larger box. 

expand option.JPG

Brian,
Community Team
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

thanks, Brian.........

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Here is another bug:  After replying to a thread, that thread does not appear in one's subscription list.   Have replied to two threads since the start of the weekly chat and neither one show in my subscription list.    Win 8.0, Chrome.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I really dislike the avatar showing up in the reply box.

(using Win 10, Firefox)

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Is this another case of fixing something that isn't broke? I've never seen this before. Past flooding detected within 3,600 seconds?

Screenshot_2020-07-21 I Hate Dishonest Sellers.png

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I've been seeing that recently, too. That happens when you try to post a duplicate of your post. Or when you have edited a quote.  It's yet another glitch in the new setup.

I have given up trying to edit quotes, since half the time I get that "post flooding" alert and other times I just get repeated warnings above removed HTML (no matter how many times I click on Reply). So now I often resort to just changing the text color of the relevant part of the quote and leave the rest in there.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Yes Khoros your recent changes are still sucking.

The system is still throwing an error message whenever I attempt to use the " quotes. So like you I have stopped using them. But that makes it SO MUCH HARDER TO FOLLOW CONVERSATIONS. Especially when you are trying to figure out what and who another poster is posting a reply to.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply