cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros - pain points

Hello devon@ebay ! I have another enhancement request for Community. Improvement to Photos is still at the top of my list, but this might tie it.

Macros are filled in and sorted by number 1-100. I have a lot of frequently used macros and it takes me a long time to scroll up and down the list looking for them.

I want macros to sort alphabetically by title. Can you ask Khoros if they offer this option? It's so inefficient to not have an alphabetical sort. I don't want to insult any Khoros designers/developers, but really this is a no-brainer. It should already exist.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Macros - pain points

I agree with you that alpha is handy: Mine are in approximately alpha order because that's how I set them up -- I deliberately put "Variations" and "Void" near the bottom of the 100 boxes, etc.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Macros - pain points

Yeah, I did manually move a few around and put some of the more frequently used ones at the top, but I have a lot and keep adding more. It's very time consuming to copy/paste and reorder. I gave up on that.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Macros - pain points

By the way, I didn't miss your point about leaving fields blank. I did that in the beginning but the spacing didn't work out in the end as the number grew. Even after I went in and deleted old ones that were no longer relevant. At this point it's either delete all the info and start from scratch or ask for an alphabetical sort.

I don't even care if they're sorted on the macro page because I can use ctrl+F to locate a policy and make edits.

I just want them sorted alphabetically on this (post creation/edit) window drop-down menu.

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Macros - pain points

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hello devon@ebay ! I have another enhancement request for Community. Improvement to Photos is still at the top of my list, but this might tie it.

Macros are filled in and sorted by number 1-100. I have a lot of frequently used macros and it takes me a long time to scroll up and down the list looking for them.

I want macros to sort alphabetically by title. Can you ask Khoros if they offer this option? It's so inefficient to not have an alphabetical sort. I don't want to insult any Khoros designers/developers, but really this is a no-brainer. It should already exist.

Hey @wastingtime101! I can make sure to ask Khoros the next time we meet with them!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Macros - pain points

Hi devon@ebay . What did Khoros say about this?

Reminder: I don't care if the Macros settings page is alphabetized. I would like the Macros button in the post edit/compose tool bar to be alphabetized.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Macros - pain points

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hi devon@ebay . What did Khoros say about this?

Reminder: I don't care if the Macros settings page is alphabetized. I would like the Macros button in the post edit/compose tool bar to be alphabetized.

Hey @wastingtime101! When I brought this up to them they said currently do not have it built in to sort Macros alphabetically. I also asked if that is something that could be looked into but there is no timeline for if and when that could be integrated.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply