cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Platform Updates

Hi Community, 

We’re very excited to share the details about a host of improvements that are making their way to the Community platform this morning.  

Here’s what's new:

• Redesigned navigation menu on desktop that reduces clutter while introducing Additional Resources links
  • Accessibility compliant homepage carousel banner
  • Community Mentor program overview & application page
    • Profile badges to reward our Community Mentors
  • Meetup page, showcasing in-person eBay meetups across the country
  • Product Expert program overview & application page  

We hope that these updates make your Community experience even more enjoyable and we’ll continue to work hard to bring your feedback and suggestions to life in future updates to the platform.

If you have feedback or questions related to the updates, please let us know on our Community Platform Feedback board.  

Thanks for being an eBay Community member,

The eBay Community Team

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Community Platform Updates

Too bad there's just way more new white space and it's now running even slower than it was.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@*coins wrote:

May I ask what would be considered a 'trading id?'

Since I have 1 feedback on this id, would it be a trading id?

Hi @*coins,

Our requirements advise that an ID must be an "active" buyer or seller. As your 1 feedback on this ID was received over a year ago, we wouldn't consider that to be active.

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Slow can't be fixed client side (unless it's due to server side changes that cause poor performance in a particular browser), but whitespace issues, and other layout or page element issues easily can.

Whitespace (poor use of screen real estate) is one thing that grinds my gears. Will be looking at that soon as I find time and figure out what I don't like.

The top dropdown navbar was taken care a minute after the first time I moused over it (sleeping with the fishes, concrete overshoes, if ya get my drift).

I despise mouse over anything, especially flyouts and dropdowns, and don't need the navbar anyway as I navigate via bookmarks, breadcrumbs, and a personalized, custom javascript "favorite boards" menu that inserts on left side of pages (where other junk like hot topics, tag clouds, or whatever it eas that clutters that area was removed with CSS rules)
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@*coins wrote:

May I ask what would be considered a 'trading id?'

Since I have 1 feedback on this id, would it be a trading id?

Hi @*coins,

Our requirements advise that an ID must be an "active" buyer or seller. As your 1 feedback on this ID was received over a year ago, we wouldn't consider that to be active.

Thank you. 

Thanks, I appreciate it.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

I'm right there with ya. See my previous post (message #8, above).
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
I'm especially enamored of the big drop-down box that appears every time I move my touch-pad mouse across the row of Homes/Seller News/Knowledge Base/Discussions/Groups text, obscuring everything else on the screen. Of course, I do still have that little 1/4" to try to squeeze my mouse into at the bottom of my screen in order for that meddlesome box to go away.

Completely agree with this.  Hover-overs that are infrequently used are generally annoying, but this particular hover-over box is over-the-top annoying.  Perhaps once a year I might want something on that menu, yet I get "box-bombed" by it every 5 minutes ... it is over-sized, taking up 95% of the screen with mostly white space, and far too sensitive - maybe instead of an instantaneous display, there could be a 1 second hover-over delay that could be implemented).

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@vintage-car-magazines wrote:

I'm excited to hear about the new Community Mentor and Product Expert programs. .....

What are they? 

Click on the word page on the OP's post for each of the 3 subjects

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

I wish you would just leave all the pages alone, there was nothing wrong with them and now it is very disorganized everything is moved, the ending time, too much space between items, I just don't like the new views.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

My improvement suggestion:

1. more server power (forum loads really slow)

2. some fixed content reporting options, such as spam, privacy issues

3. a category for HTML/coding help (or add that to the underutilized Active Content category)

Test your eBay search rank: https://ranktool.bid
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@..

Hi @*coins,

.... You do need to post with your trading ID to join the Mentor program, that's why we've listed it in the requirements. We review every application we receive, so if users are gaming any of the requirements, they will not be accepted. 

Thank you. 

Hi alan@ebay

Given the new requirements for becoming a Mentor, I am a little surprised to see the newest Mentor has the rank of Administrator (when all the other mentors are at least Rockstar or higher), has no feedback for either buying or selling, has only made 3 posts total, none of which are visible to the public on the eBay forums, and has received no kudos or solutions. They have a single badge, for starting their first topic, but that isn't visible to the public either.

Has there been a mistake here?

image.png

image.png

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Hi @lacemaker3,

You've got an eagle eye! That ID is one of our developers. They had the Community Mentor rank as they were testing out the page. I've removed it from the ID now.

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi alan@ebay,

No, not really an eagle eye. I have always been aware of who the Mentors are.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply