cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

As a seller who have a few hundred of item listed, I find it very annoying and irritated that I can not view my own listing that I just sold recently.  Everytime I try to click my own listing that I just sold, it would open a page stating "The selected item is no longer available.", and show someone else item that is similar to it. I have no option to even view my own item.  I have buyer who had a question about the item right after they purchase the item. However I can't even view my own item to clarify the question they have. Is this the new normal or just a temporary glitch? Anyone have any idea how to view your own item that you just sold? 

Message 1 of 207
latest reply
206 REPLIES 206

Re: "The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@labs118 wrote:

@Anonymous

When I look at OP's sold  items linked below and try to display their  1st sold item or any sold item  it doesn't bring up that item 

It brings other active catalog items with no way to get to the sold item listings.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sai83her/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

OP's sold item
ended items sold 4 6-18.JPG

When you click their sold listing you get Active items like this

ended items sold 5 6-18.JPG

The 2nd type of sold item issues appears to be for non catalog items
 Display Johann haviland blue garland look at sold, click 1st sold item and I get this

On this the blue  word lisitng is clickable and brings you to the sold item you tried to display

ended listing 6-18.JPG

Hi @labs118, I've been able to recreate this when looking at someone's listings and have reported it to our tech teams, but am still curious about the steps taken to view one's own listings. I haven't been able to recreate an issue when trying to view listings within the Sold/Unsold section of a seller's account and want to see if there is also an issue with this section that I can get reported to our tech teams as well.

Thanks so much for the added detail! If anyone has steps that I can take to recreate a problem with viewing your own sold/unsold listings don't hesitate to share them here.

Message 91 of 207
latest reply

Re: "The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

My accounts are doing it as well and I am not happy about it.
Message 92 of 207
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote: 
Thanks so much for the added detail! If anyone has steps that I can take to recreate a problem with viewing your own sold/unsold listings don't hesitate to share them here.

@Anonymous: In answer to your very precisely-worded request, I will say that in my own testing, I could not trigger the unwanted redirect when viewing my sold/unsold listings as long as I was logged in to my selling account (this one), the account that owned the completed listings.

If I logged into a different account instead and tried to view the same completed listings, it would try to steer me to what it thought were similar live listings instead. Its results ranged from wrong to ludicrously wrong (leaving aside the point that I was not trying to look at live listings in the first place, but one specific completed listing, the one whose link I had just clicked on).

There are two issues here: 

1. It's unreasonable to block access to completed listings. Being able to see the details of prior sales is part of being both an informed seller and an informed buyer, not to mention that it may be crucial to resolving disputes.
  2. On a more fundamental level, it's really annoying to turn a simple link into an exercise in redirection and frustration, complete with planting a coy little link in the unexpected destination that will ultimately take you where you want to go if you're sharp-eyed enough to spot it.

It shows a complete unfamiliarity with why completed listings must be retained and available for viewing by anyone, not just the listing owner.

Message 93 of 207
latest reply

@mjhauctions wrote:

The morons who decided to do this should be escored out of the building and immediately fired.  I've neen on ebay since '97.  THIS is by for the stupidist thing the've done, and I've seem them do many stupid things.  I'm done here.   Plenty of other more user friendly competitors out there these days.

I wonder if they no longer understand what once made eBay better than other auction sites.

Most of the complaints here are made by sellers. I am a buyer and I must say that I loved eBay, I loved browsing it, but the recent changes, such as the supposedly "more modern and cleaner" landing pages with a half of the information maliciously concealed and hidden behind another click, are simply abhorrent.

And this one just takes the cake...!

Yesterday it was "only" forced redirection, now it is actually malicious page hijacking and recently ended listings damned to oblivion!

It is just both horrible incompetence and terrible arrogance on eBay's part!

How to scream "fecal matter" at eBay without getting banned?

This sums it all up nicely without all the expletives:

@sandmansales wrote:

Talk about deceptive click bait. A  desperate attempt to divert clicks into sales while destroying a valuable research tool and angering both buyers and sellers in one fell swoop.

Message 94 of 207
latest reply

Here are some specifics that may help in finding this problem:

1.  If I go to my "Purchase History", and click on items bought prior to 1 June, they still work properly as of now.  The item title links to a page which says "You won the item" and has a "see original listing" link that works.  For the last item, which is 302746759283, it starts out the same and then links to the eBay Marketing Garbage Page (MGP), one with the item name in very large bold print and a high price from one of the company's  favourite big "pet" sellers.  It does not show the listing for the item I bought.   If instead, I click on "view order details", it goes to an identical looking "You won the item" page, but on this one "see original item" links to the listing, shown below a buch of useless hype, but there.  It takes four clicks through a precise sequence and scrolling past worthelss junk just to look at at the item I purchased!

2. My sold and unsold items links still work correctly, but they were all the apparent mess that happened starting in June.  In a couple of days, I will let you know what they do, unless this is all resolved before then.

3. If I look up an item and go "sold" listings, the list looks normal, but clicking on the listings produces one of five results:

a. If it is a fixed-price listing with remaining quantity, the listing show up directly.  This appears to be the correct behaviour in this case.

b. Some listings, such as 163069225870 link directly to the MGP.

c. Other listings, such as 121852982743 link to other current listings from overpriced "pet" sellers.

d. While still others, such as 173268036135 and 153026669330, still work, with the original listing showing up after one scrolls past some useless hype.

e. Others, like "c' above, including 121852982743, link to overpriced "pet" seller listings that are not even for the same item!

In summary, a works, d is mildly annoying but okay; b, c, and e need to be fixed.

I would like to assume this is due to incompetence, rather than a willful attempt to destroy the platform upon which many of us have built businesses.  Please let us know what you find.

Message 95 of 207
latest reply

When you're shown a stupid "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available" page, the word "listing" is the link to the page you were actually looking for. It now involves four clicks to find some sold listings, instead of two.

Message 96 of 207
latest reply

What you mention works sometimes, but many other sold listings take you directly to the Marketing Garbabge Page (MGP).  This has a header that instead says "The selected item is no longer available.", and nothing is clickable.

Message 97 of 207
latest reply

This is gonna hurt, I need completed sold items comparable to what I am selling to know what price to put.

Message 98 of 207
latest reply

This is gonna hurt, I need completed sold items comparable to what I am selling to know what price to put.

Perhaps we can all pay a yearly fee.  Rolling, rolling, rolling it out.    As a buyer, I would like to see the "original listing" for something I purchased.  Can't see it, I can't complain when my doll arrives with an arm missing....LOL...must have been in the original item description which is no longer possible to view.   Good thing buyers are always right....LOL 

Message 99 of 207
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @labs118, I've been able to recreate this when looking at someone's listings and have reported it to our tech teams, but am still curious about the steps taken to view one's own listings. I haven't been able to recreate an issue when trying to view listings within the Sold/Unsold section of a seller's account and want to see if there is also an issue with this section that I can get reported to our tech teams as well.

So far I have been able to uncover one exception/work around.

GTC - Good Til Canceled listings where the seller also uses the "Out Of Stock" option. These listings at this time are still viewable. But that is it.

30 Day Listings at least in the category that I sell in which is Books, no longer appear to be viewable. When you click on a sold listing you are taken to the associated eBay Product Page.

I have 2 sold listings for the same book within my sold listings search results page that demonstrate this current phenomenon/NEW eBay experience perfectly.

Click the link below to see for yourself.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown Limited Edition Book.

These are 2 distinct listings that were created at different times.

1) The top one is the most current listing and IS VIEWABLE because it is a:

Multi-Quantity Item - GTC - "Good Til Canceled" listing with the
Out Of Stock Option Enabled! This even works for the listings whose quantities are currently at 0 (Zero).

2) The bottom one is the older listing and is NOT VIEWABLE because it is a:

Single Quantity 30 Day listing. This listing will take you to the eBay Product Page, where eBay will attempt to pimp another similar item (in this case a book), that has been associated with the Product Page via the ISBN.

go bad chicken   eBay(1).png

I desperately needed to retrieve information from both of these listings this past Friday for the customers/buyers, and that is when I discovered that I could not open the bottom listing as it was a 30 Day listing.

This is madness!

Message 100 of 207
latest reply

Thank you, Listing is in blue here, but blends in on mine, I found it was very hard to tell its a different color, hard to see.
Message 101 of 207
latest reply

There is a link, it is hard to see.

Message 102 of 207
latest reply

Its kind of funny the eBay mod is having problems finding the glitch. I would think the THOUSANDS of calls ebay CSR have been getting the last several days would have narrowed down the problem.

When I called the CSR knew all about it. Sure the eta to fix was 90 days but they will eventually get around to doing nothing once the dust settles. 

NOBODY LIKES IT... UNLESS YOUR TRYING TO SINK THIS SHIP... FIX IT...

Message 103 of 207
latest reply

but they will eventually get around to doing nothing once the dust settles. 

No, it will be called a new ENHANCEMENT to provide a better buyer experience and help sellers sell more items.  Neither of which will occur. 

Message 104 of 207
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So far I have been able to uncover one exception/work around.

GTC - Good Til Canceled listings where the seller also uses the "Out Of Stock" option. These listings at this time are still viewable. But that is it.

30 Day Listings at least in the category that I sell in which is Books, no longer appear to be viewable. When you click on a sold listing you are taken to the associated eBay Product Page.

I have 2 sold listings for the same book within my sold listings search results page that demonstrate this current phenomenon/NEW eBay experience perfectly.

Click the link below to see for yourself.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown Limited Edition Book.

These are 2 distinct listings that were created at different times.

1) The top one is the most current listing and IS VIEWABLE because it is a:

Multi-Quantity Item - GTC - "Good Til Canceled" listing with the
Out Of Stock Option Enabled! This even works for the listings whose quantities are currently at 0 (Zero).

2) The bottom one is the older listing and is NOT VIEWABLE because it is a:

Single Quantity 30 Day listing. This listing will take you to the eBay Product Page, where eBay will attempt to pimp another similar item (in this case a book), that has been associated with the Product Page via the ISBN.

go bad chicken   eBay(1).png

I desperately needed to retrieve information from both of these listings this past Friday for the customers/buyers, and that is when I discovered that I could not open the bottom listing as it was a 30 Day listing.

This is madness!

@go-bad-chicken

See Trinton's post #91 and as a seller this is happening to please tag him to your post as a seller who cannot display their own sold item descriptions

Look at that post & possibly explain to him what steps you are taking & what is happening
It hasn't happened to any of my items YET so I can't give him an example as a seller 

Thanks 

Message 105 of 207
latest reply