cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

As a seller who have a few hundred of item listed, I find it very annoying and irritated that I can not view my own listing that I just sold recently.  Everytime I try to click my own listing that I just sold, it would open a page stating "The selected item is no longer available.", and show someone else item that is similar to it. I have no option to even view my own item.  I have buyer who had a question about the item right after they purchase the item. However I can't even view my own item to clarify the question they have. Is this the new normal or just a temporary glitch? Anyone have any idea how to view your own item that you just sold? 

Message 1 of 207
latest reply
206 REPLIES 206

@labs118 wrote:

@go-bad-chicken

See Trinton's post #91 and as a seller this is happening to please tag him to your post as a seller who cannot display their own sold item descriptions

Look at that post & possibly explain to him what steps you are taking & what is happening
It hasn't happened to any of my items YET so I can't give him an example as a seller 

Thanks 

Thanks Labs for the heads up. I will re-post it again but this time tagging him as well.

I had figured that by replying to his post (#91) would accomplish the same thing as tagging. But re-posting it a 2nd time here will give me the opportunity to add a few more relevant details to my original post.

Message 106 of 207
latest reply

See Trinton's post #91 and as a seller this is happening to please tag him to your post as a seller who cannot display their own sold item descriptions

Look at that post & possibly explain to him what steps you are taking & what is happening
It hasn't happened to any of my items YET so I can't give him an example as a seller 

All he has to do is read this thread, and a few others on this same subject.  He can recreate away with the examples given.

With all due respect, we shouldn't have to keep giving instructions on how to find a site-wide known problem.  (I believe this is a glitch in a new rollout; not a glitch by itself.  In other words, ebay is practicing with catalog-based products.)

trinton@ebay

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 107 of 207
latest reply

I've noticed this on ANY sold item - not just what I've sold.  Sometimes it works normally.  Sometimes it brings up '...item no longer ...' and 'item' is clickable.  And, sometimes you can't see the item at all!  Thanks eBay!!!  (frowny face goes here). 

Message 108 of 207
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @labs118, I've been able to recreate this when looking at someone's listings and have reported it to our tech teams, but am still curious about the steps taken to view one's own listings. I haven't been able to recreate an issue when trying to view listings within the Sold/Unsold section of a seller's account and want to see if there is also an issue with this section that I can get reported to our tech teams as well.

Thanks so much for the added detail! If anyone has steps that I can take to recreate a problem with viewing your own sold/unsold listings don't hesitate to share them here.

@Anonymous

@labs118 Re-Post

This has been my experience so far based on my own personal observations over this past weekend.

Anyone have any idea how to view your own item that you just sold?

So far I have been able to uncover one exception/work around.

GTC - Good Til Canceled listings where the seller also uses the "Out Of Stock" option. These listings at this time are still viewable. But for me that has been it.

30 Day Listings at least in the category that I sell in which is Books, no longer appear to be viewable. When you click on a sold listing you are taken to the associated eBay Product Page.

I have 2 sold listings for the same book within my sold listings search results page that demonstrate this current phenomenon/NEW eBay experience perfectly.

Click the link below to see for yourself.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown Limited Edition Book.

These are 2 distinct listings that were created at different times.

1) The top one is the most current listing and IS VIEWABLE because it is a:

Multi-Quantity Item - GTC - "Good Til Canceled" listing with the
Out Of Stock Option Enabled! This even works for the listings whose quantities are currently at 0 (Zero).

2) The bottom listing, which is the older listing and is NOT VIEWABLE because it is a Single Quantity 30 Day listing. This listing will take you to the eBay Product Page, where eBay will attempt to pimp another similar item (in this case a book), that has been associated with one of eBay's Catalog Product Page via the ISBN.

go bad chicken   eBay(1).png

2) This listing will take you to the eBay Product Page, where eBay will attempt to pimp another similar item (in this case a book), that has been associated with one of eBay's Catalog Product Page via the ISBN.

Here is a screen shot of the eBay Product/Catalog page that you will be redirected to if you click on the 2nd/bottom listing.

Red Rising  Red Rising 1 by Pierce Brown  2014  Hardcover    eBay.png

I desperately needed to retrieve information from both of these listings this past Friday for the customers/buyers, and that is when I discovered that I could not open the bottom listing as it was a 30 Day listing.

This is madness!

As a seller if I can no longer have complete access to my original listings in their entirety sold, unsold, or otherwise we are going to have A HUGE PROBLEM on our hands. In some cases I can not even open sold listings for items that at this time have not yet even been delivered to the buyer.

That's a scary position for sellers to find themselves in.

Message 109 of 207
latest reply

Thank you all for the information you've shared on this topic. We're currently working with internal teams to get more information. We'll update this thread when we know more. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 110 of 207
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

@go-bad-chicken

Thanks 

Thanks Labs for the heads up. I will re-post it again but this time tagging him as well.

I had figured that by replying to his post (#91) would accomplish the same thing as tagging. But re-posting it a 2nd time here will give me the opportunity to add a few more relevant details to my original post.

Can't you see the actual order sold thru the view order details? That is supposed to be a snapshot of the listing as it was when purchased.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

@go-bad-chicken

Thanks 

Can't you see the actual order sold thru the view order details? That is supposed to be a snapshot of the listing as it was when purchased.

Sorry d-k_treasures that it took me so long to reply. I had to step out for a bit after I posted my last reply.

To answer your question. This past weekend I was always able to view any sold itemss Order Details.

But if I clicked on certain sold listings either on the Order Details page or the listings within my Sold Listings tab through the Seller Hub with many of them I was unable to open the original sold listings, so that I might review the actual details of that particular listing. All of those listing that did not open but were rather redirected were 30 Day Listings. I could however open the sold listings which were  Multi-Quantity Item, GTC - "Good Til Canceled" listing that have the Out Of Stock Option Enabled!

But as of the last 30 minutes or so it appears that eBay has fixed something as I am now able to open all of the listing within the sold tab located withing the Seller Hub. But that was not the case for this past Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

But the above scenario that I laid out in detail in post #109 is still in effect. Which leads me to believe that this in fact a test or new eBay experience, to redirect members who open sold listings through search to either a similar eBay Catalog Product Page or a similar item via key words for item which have yet to be cataloged, and that this test/new eBay experience had created some unattended consequences of applying those results to sellers reviewing their sold items through the seller hub as well as buyers reviewing their recent purchases through their Purchase History tab. But this is just speculation on my part, at this time.

Message 112 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Thank you all for the information you've shared on this topic. We're currently working with internal teams to get more information. We'll update this thread when we know more. 

Thank you Alan I look forward to your update.

Message 113 of 207
latest reply

I get the "selected item is not longer available" for my sold items only if I try to view the items by clicking on a links in the sold emails that ebay sends. If I go to my ebay to the "all selling" section and scroll down to my solds and click on the items, they show up just fine. I'm hoping that my buyers will also be able to see the items in *their* my ebay in their purchases section.

I don't know if  this jives with everyone else, but as of now I only can't see my sold items if I try to view them by clicking on the link in the emails that ebay sends when you sell something.

Message 114 of 207
latest reply

If it is helpful to know... 

There seems to be some change, and some improvement since my last e-mail, but results are still seemingly random.  I cannot find a pattern to what works and what does not in viewing "Sold" listings.  Currently, these are the behaviours:

The largest number of them (maybe about 40%) work now as before, where they go to a summary page, and the "see original listing" link goes to the original listing, which is shown below some useless hype through which one must annoyingly scroll, but it does work when this happens.

About 25% go to a pointless current listing -- obviously we don't have ANY interest in this if we are searching for sold items!  However these have a banner in blue that says "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you," where the word "listing" is clickable and goes to the desired item, often still requiring the extra click on "see original listing" and generally requring scrolling through the useless hype as mentioned above.

About 25% still unfortunately go to the MGP (Marketing Garbage Page), the one with the very large print and an overpriced offer from one of your very large "pet" sellers.  From this one cannot go anywhere, and cannot do anything other than simply hating eBay.

A lucky 10% go properly to the listing on a single click, like they all should.

This is much better than it was doing earlier today.  If you are continuting to fix it, thank you!  If they simply have not gotten around to breaking everything yet, most of us here will need to find a new platform.  Let's hope eBay will remain relevant.

Message 115 of 207
latest reply

This seems to be some new **bleep** thing Ebay has intriduced to push people away from what they are lookiing for toward something else for sale.  Like really?  If I click on something, even if it is a completed item, I want to go where I want to go!  Ebay!  Have you ever heard of this?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it! 

Message 116 of 207
latest reply

And from the buyer's prospective?

Buyer: Hey this one looks better than the one I just bought! Guess I'll return it and buy this one instead!

Insane.

Message 117 of 207
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

@go-bad-chicken

Thanks 

Sorry d-k_treasures that it took me so long to reply. I had to step out for a bit after I posted my last reply.

To answer your question. This past weekend I was always able to view any sold itemss Order Details.

But if I clicked on certain sold listings either on the Order Details page or the listings within my Sold Listings tab through the Seller Hub with many of them I was unable to open the original sold listings, so that I might review the actual details of that particular listing. All of those listing that did not open but were rather redirected were 30 Day Listings. I could however open the sold listings which were  Multi-Quantity Item, GTC - "Good Til Canceled" listing that have the Out Of Stock Option Enabled!

But as of the last 30 minutes or so it appears that eBay has fixed something as I am now able to open all of the listing within the sold tab located withing the Seller Hub. But that was not the case for this past Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

But the above scenario that I laid out in detail in post #109 is still in effect. Which leads me to believe that this in fact a test or new eBay experience, to redirect members who open sold listings through search to either a similar eBay Catalog Product Page or a similar item via key words for item which have yet to be cataloged, and that this test/new eBay experience had created some unattended consequences of applying those results to sellers reviewing their sold items through the seller hub as well as buyers reviewing their recent purchases through their Purchase History tab. But this is just speculation on my part, at this time.

Thanks for getting back on this. So it's still messed up - the order details are supposed to be just that - the order that you bought(or sold) is supposed to be reflected there - not guide you back anywhere since if it's a GTC listing, it may have changed since purchase(price, etc.). 

To not see exactly what you bought or sold is going to get them in trouble. That just cannot happen in todays world.

Just to add to this conversation and HOPEFULLY EBAY ACTUALLY CARES TO READ THESE POSTS.

This is still broken and I am not looking in a seller environment.

I am experiencing this in 'My Watch list' when I look at expired listings.

Even if those listings have expired say 10-15 mins ago I get this problem when I try to view them.

I have been dealing with this since 5-30-18 if not a few days earlier.

Message 119 of 207
latest reply

I really dont think its going to change. Im still seeing it all over the place. 

Really its a new feature that everyone hates and eBay is just waiting out the storm. 

Ive done a lot of code and all they had to do was revert the change. It would have taken less then 24 hours to propagate the system and thats only because of the size of eBays servers. Most smaller sites could change back in minutes. 

Message 120 of 207
latest reply