cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

As a seller who have a few hundred of item listed, I find it very annoying and irritated that I can not view my own listing that I just sold recently.  Everytime I try to click my own listing that I just sold, it would open a page stating "The selected item is no longer available.", and show someone else item that is similar to it. I have no option to even view my own item.  I have buyer who had a question about the item right after they purchase the item. However I can't even view my own item to clarify the question they have. Is this the new normal or just a temporary glitch? Anyone have any idea how to view your own item that you just sold? 

Message 1 of 207
latest reply
206 REPLIES 206

Yes: look very closely at the opening of that first sentence, and you should see that "item" (If I remember right) is actually a link to your completed listing. It's a recent new annoyance they have introduced.

Message 2 of 207
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

Yes: look very closely at the opening of that first sentence, and you should see that "item" (If I remember right) is actually a link to your completed listing. It's a recent new annoyance they have introduced.

I wish that was the answer, however there isn't anything to click. The "item" in that sentence is not clickable. Nothing is clickable in that whole sentence. I can't view my items at all. Why does ebay think they know so much when all they are doing is screwing up everything. 

Message 3 of 207
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

Oh noooo.  Not another c-rappy change.  

Message 4 of 207
latest reply

@sai83her wrote:

As a seller who have a few hundred of item listed, I find it very annoying and irritated that I can not view my own listing that I just sold recently.  Everytime I try to click my own listing that I just sold, it would open a page stating "The selected item is no longer available.", and show someone else item that is similar to it. I have no option to even view my own item.  I have buyer who had a question about the item right after they purchase the item. However I can't even view my own item to clarify the question they have. Is this the new normal or just a temporary glitch? Anyone have any idea how to view your own item that you just sold? 

Are you talking about an item under your SOLD list??  Do you still see the buyer's ID and all the other info?  I'll have to go back and look at mine.  

Message 5 of 207
latest reply

"View original listing" takes you to someone elses totally different item.  Very annoying.   I don't want to view something else, I want to view the original sold listing.

Message 6 of 207
latest reply

spent the last hour on the phone with ebay, they opened a ticket yet gave no indication whatsover if this is a planned changed. As is I can not view anything that I purchase after I purchase it. Going to be alot of returns and claims out of this fiasco

Message 7 of 207
latest reply

@sai83her wrote:

@a_c_green wrote:

I wish that was the answer, however there isn't anything to click. The "item" in that sentence is not clickable. Nothing is clickable in that whole sentence. I can't view my items at all. Why does ebay think they know so much when all they are doing is screwing up everything. 

@Anonymous

Can you help us out here?
last night I was having issues with trying to display sold items but my item didn't relate to the Product catalog so I had a Blue bar with the word listing I was able to click & see the sold item I had been looking for

But this OP and many other posters who are looking for the sold items from the Product catalog can't get to the sold items .

I can go to this OP's sold page & see everything they sold today June 1st but when I click on their sold item you can't get to it .
It displays the OP's screen shot with no place to click 
How does a seller even see their own sold items? 

How do we get to a completed item from the product catalog?

Mine for china was different & clickable  shown below
ended listing 6-18.JPG

Message 8 of 207
latest reply

Yes, item in my "SOLD" list are effected. Looks like I could still view some of my sold items from last week to a few days ago, but just "some". However all the listings that I have sold today 6-01-2018 refers me to a link like that one above without giving me the option to view my listing that I just sold. A member had a question about one of the accessories in the picture, and I can't even bring up the listing to view it in order for me to answer their question. I need some help here.
Message 9 of 207
latest reply

You have a ebay store and all your sold listings will be displayed in your selling manager under sold section.

Message 10 of 207
latest reply

they will show up in the summary but you cannot visit the actual detail page of the item sold/bought. Thier is no way thru any avenue right now to see the detail page. Buyer support tried everything they could and in the end the stated the site is broken. Please call ebay to tell them what is broken the more calls and the faster they will get it fixed.

Message 11 of 207
latest reply

I was just looking at solds to make price points for my similar items that I'm listing. I also noticed when clicking on a completed listing - it will shoot me to a similar item that is for sale.

How confusing and it might be a real mess for both buyers and sellers. If a buyer purchases something and once it's received wants to check the original listing to see if they missed something - lack of accessory - stain whatever and are directed to someone else's listing - they might not even realize they are looking at the wrong listing.

Possible false SNADs and of course the seller now has no recourse to change it to a Remorse. One more way for Ebay to push free returns. Are they smart enough to think like this - I don't know - but a seller's defect6 rate would surely go up as we know many buyer's never read the original listing.

Message 12 of 207
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

You have a ebay store and all your sold listings will be displayed in your selling manager under sold section.

bubble it doesn't matter if you view sellers item then hit sold it will bring all his sold items up from today June 1st but if you try to display one it brings up the Product catalog  with the header they show in their 2nd post reply to ac green, it isn't allowing you to display the sold items.

Message 13 of 207
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

I could se emy item in my sold section, but when I click my own listing. It takes me to that page where it says "the selected item is no longer available". It seems like this is effecting items that are sold useing the ebay Product Catalogue. This is very fraustrating. 

Message 14 of 207
latest reply

labs I suspect its a feeble attempt by ebay to prevent parasite sellers from using completed listings as a free price guide. You look at OPs last sale for $55.00 click on listing and it shows a like active item for $261.00. if you have a like item do you list it for $55.00 or $261.00...

Message 15 of 207
latest reply