cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sale Confirmed" emails

I can't believe ebay actually continues to pay people to come up with changes to things that are not broken, making it worse in the process. What genius thought it would be a good idea to change the sold items notifications from "your ebay item sold" with the entire item title, to "Sale Confirmed" with only the first few words of the title, followed by.... 

I am a high-volume seller, and I sell roughly 1,500 items per month. I use the sold items emails as a means to update my inventory databases, deleting items that have sold. Now, I will have to open each email individually to get the exact item title in order to delete it from my database.  I haven't gone through the process yet as the emails just changed, but I'm guessing that it will triple, if not quadruple, the time it takes me to update my inventory.

Once again, ebay shows they are absolutely clueless about how end users might actually be using their email notifications. Seriously, what's the point of abbreviating the subject line like that???

Hopefully, it's something they'll fix soon. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: "Sale Confirmed" emails

I have the same complaint about the "relisting is as easy as 1 2 3" e-mails. I subscribe to those updates so I can quickly glance at my e-mail and see exactly which items have ended or sold. Truncating the item title down to nothing defeats the purpose of receiving these messages.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes, Makes me think that it's a delayed email for the several sales I'm running.
Robert
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I just started getting these in the past day, in addition to the "Your eBay item sold." email.  It occurs to me this may be a trial to figure out what to do when eBay starts processing payments instead of PayPal since the new emails do say that the item sold and was paid for instead of just sold.  As long as I am still getting the old email, this new one is just SPAM as far as I am concerned.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

yep, ebay doesn't have any institutional memory ......... everytime they change these .........it throws off people that actually USE the notices in a specific way.........

Paypal actually went back to an old notice once when people griped enough..........

@Anonymous

is there any REAL reason for stuff like this to be changed? 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I am so inundated now with ebay emails that I have no use for, nor can find a way to block, that I rarely stop to read any of them anymore.  I just start deleting when I sit down at my computer.

When I do bother to stop to read one (store renewal), it has incorrect and misleading information. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I received a "Sale Confirmed" email yesterday evening. Perhaps these communications are related to the guaranteed delivery roll out . The first two sentences relate to handling time:

"It's time to pack up your item and ship it out. Make sure you send it within 1 day, the handling option you selected in your listing."

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I agree. They have too much money and people wanting to justify their existence inside the Company. Absurd added emails for nothing. Just more junk to create a "Filter" for.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Started getting these a few a day in the last week... and now with EVERY SALE.  These are DUPLICATE GARBAGE EMAILS!  Called support ... and SHOCKING ... they KNEW NOTHING.  No way to turn them off... just " I KNOW THIS MUST BE FRUSTRATING" ... reading from the script .. and "I'LL PASS THIS FEEDBACK ON" ...  I'm sure this is something AMAZON does ... otherwise - why would they bother?  What a disaster this place has become.   How much time will I waste deleting TRASH emails - before I have to change my PERFECTLY FINE AS IT WAS PROCESS - and have to shut down ALL of their emails ?   Is that the purpose in advance ? 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This is absolutely ridiculous. It has doubled the amount of emails going into my inbox. I see no reason for them to add even more useless garbage for me to sort through. Why eBay? Why can't I turn these emails off? I want notification when something sells, but I don't need 2 notifications telling me the same thing.

I think the person who designed the new Feedback forum helped in designing this notification system. That person should be fired immediately. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hello! 

Has anything been changed since then?

Any way to turn these emails off?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply