cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Seller Update

Hi, all, surprised I don't see any mention here on the Seller Board about the new Fall Seller Update? Just received in email & from eCom. Enjoy!

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fall Seller Update

Sorry, just found the announcement buried halfway down the first page.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Fall Seller Update

Sorry, just found the announcement buried halfway down the first page.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

Yeah, more good news! So frustrated already and now this. It could be worse but I’m not happy.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

Maybe everyone is still in shock! Is it me or is it coming out earlier and earlier every time?
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

They are moving all the threads to their special board. Apparently we can't post about the SELLER update at all on the SELLING board?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

@hioctane62

Where the ?Special Board? to 2018 Fall Seller Update?

@abfabvintage

1) Still trying to digest the latest info given on this 2018 Fall Seller Update.

2) Saw it this morning.

3) The 1st thing that jumps up was the "Market Place Updates" regarding:

a) customer service phone numbers to buyers ... as follows:

"Provide your customer support phone number to answer buyers' questions before the sale

Sometimes buyers have questions about items they would like to purchase on eBay. While buyers and sellers aren't allowed to share or request direct contact information prior to completing a sale for the purpose of making offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay, a new pilot program allows you to help buyers make purchase decisions. With the new pilot program, your customer service phone number will be visible to buyers on desktop before the sale. You can opt into the feature within "Manage communication with buyers" in your account settings.

Update your account settings."

Is this not an 180 degress turn around from the past that no phone numbers exchange between sellers/buyers.

I'm just wondering about the possiblity of sellers being 'on call' 24/7 to buyers be they legit or otherwise.

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

Here's the link to our 2018 Fall Seller Update boards: https://community.ebay.com/t5/2018-Fall-Seller-Update/ct-p/2018FallSellerUpdate

If you've questions or feedback for eBay staff, please post over there. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

Just found the ?Special Board? to the latest 2018 Fall Seller Update:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Marketplace-Updates/bd-p/marketplace

-

Lucas

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

I was there earlier, and the experts in obfuscation are all over seller's questions on that special board.  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

@creativecrisis: " I was there earlier, and the experts in obfuscation are all over seller's questions on that special board"

You may have to weed through the posts/replies patiently.

If in doubt - Raise a question.

I'm quite positive that it will be answered in due course by knowledgable members, if not by eBay's team members.

Just side-step irrelevant comments (if there're any) - as every Sellers Update creates unnecessary stress to the concerned parties. These latest update is no different. 

Past practice, the platform may chose to 'shut down/close' the ?Special Board? after a Seller Update.

Thereafter,  forum members may revive the topic on said Selling Discussion Board.  And others who did not 

have the chance to 1st visit that ?Special Board? may also be updated or voice their queries regarding the

latest update issues.

-

Lucas

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Fall Seller Update

Sorry, Alan, I posted that link right after you.  It's at the top of the Selling Board and at the top of the Board options, right before Buying-Selling, but thank you!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply