cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first negative feedback over 18 years! Buyer said she would remove it. Can't talk to anyone at eBay

I can't believe that I am so upset about the first negative but I am! I have been a seller here for over 18 years and have always been trust worthy and bent over backwards to resolve issues. I received a negative from a buyer who said that the linen crop pants I sent her must have shrunk because they didn't fit. I refunded her in full and told her to donate them to someone who might need them. She said she would but didn't know how. I sent her a feedback revision request through eBay and then an additional message asking her to please revise her feedback  Her message to me was: "Hi Cathy!  Thank you for refunding me, really appreciate it!  I’ll definitely revise my feedback gotta figure out how to do that!  I’ve never had a bad experience shopping on eBay.  This is a first for me.  I’ll let you know take care "    

The window for revising feedback is now closed as she did not respond further.  I tried in vain to get eBay to review this and got a generic response. I wanted to talk to a customer service rep but all I got was a link to an email and got another automatic message. Is there any way of talking to an actual customer service rep? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Since this negative, I have not listed anything more on eBay  and am posting on other sites instead. I may just be done on eBay Thank you                  

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

first negative feedback over 18 years! Buyer said she would remove it. Can't talk to anyone at eBay

@cathyn518 

When the buyer agreed to revise the feedback, had you sent a feedback revision request? If not, she cannot revise it on her own. 

Did she leave the feedback before communicating with you? I'm sorry because the first neg is the most painful, especially when you did everything right. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Try contacting ebay CS through social media, ebay for business on facebook.  They have real CS people who know policy and can act on a situation.... the ones contacted through this site are 100% useless.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@cathyn518 

First let me say I am impressed by the fact that you Accept returns although the customer pays return shipping.  I switched to 30-day Free returns (meaning I pay for return shipping labels) years ago and on a few rare occasions have taken advantage of the full Seller Protections benefits:  Seller protections | eBay

My return rate is low in my categories and less than Positive FB was removed on a few rare occasions (Neutrals not Negs). 

You might want to message the customer back and let them know that leaving less than Positive FB for Sellers can be seen by everyone and it is a reflection on their account as well.  

Did the customer leave their Feedback before you refunded them in full?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

1 negative feedback and talking about leaving eBay lol OK.

You still sent the buyer something they weren't happy with.

Just because you resolved the situation doesn't remove the negative experience that they didnt get what they were expecting.

Sellers are always so entitled.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I had a problem like that a year ago.

Buyer gets only 30 days to do a revision. I had to look at a negative feedback for a year.

I am still here as you can see.

It's not that bad of a feedback. It sounds like the lady gained weight or was bloated when she tried to wear them. I would just ignore the feedback and keep selling. I wouldn't let one buyer stop me from selling here.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

You can reply to the feedback received. Just really think about what you want to say because other potential buyers can read it.

Perhaps stating that buyer received a full refund and that you strive to ensure all of your buyers have a pleasant transaction. 

I wouldn't mention that you allowed the buyer to keep the item as that could lead to more buyers expecting freebies from you.

Sorry this happened to you. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@cathyn518 

When the buyer agreed to revise the feedback, had you sent a feedback revision request? If not, she cannot revise it on her own. 

Did she leave the feedback before communicating with you? I'm sorry because the first neg is the most painful, especially when you did everything right. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Only a seller cares about feedback. Smart sellers do not pay attention to feedback. CS is important, not feedback. Buyers have the MBG, so whatever your feedback IS, does not matter. Buyer feedback doesn't matter either. ANY buy can hit the BIN, and you couldn't care less. 

I contend ANY seller consumed with worrying about their feedback here, doesn't know what they are doing. Feedback does NOT matter. It's a useless tool that is basically there to let buyers vent, nothing more. Your feedback affect absolutely nothing with the ability to sell.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Personally, I would have reminded the buyer you have a return policy and will promptly refund if they wish to return, but that's your call to handle as you did.  I understand not wanting to be more out of pocket with return shipping.  

I wouldn't worry about the feedback too much.  I've had plenty and write a response or apologize if I feel it's my fault.   Sometimes ebay removes the feedback if a case is involved and I handled it myself, but I haven't bothered with a revision request for a long time.  Right now I'm at 100%, but I know it's probably a temporary thing.   I never once thought of quitting over feedback--it doesn't even count against us now.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Is there any way of talking to an actual customer service rep

eBay is not going to remove the negative.

Since this negative, I have not listed anything more on eBay  and am posting on other sites instead. I may just be done on eBay

IMHO that is an irrational and emotional  over-reaction. You are throwing away 18 years on eBay over a meaningless negative?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

In the future do not respond to feedback by begging for a feedback revision - it makes you look desperate.

I can't believe that I am so upset about the first negative

IMHO reacting emotionally to a business transaction with a stranger is a waste of emotional energy. Why are you giving so much power to a complete stranger based on their opinion of a pair of used pants? Let it go.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

With 1 negative feedback, i would not be to concerned. Selling plants is a difficult category to sell online and i am surprised you only have 1 negative feedback. Not that you are doing anything wrong but shipping live plants can be tough. Customers have their expectations and regardless of how well you do (accurately listed items along with great customer service), if it arrives damaged, dead or not as described, you may get some negative feedback. Looks like you are doing a great job and would not let this stop you from selling on Ebay.

Addressing the way customers revise feedback. (This is not pertaining to your case but the policy in general)

The  Ebay feedback revision for customers is a little too much. If the buyer agrees to remove the feedback in a message, the feedback should be removed instead of having the buyer having to do anything else. IMHO Asking buyers to go through the feedback revision can be a hassle for some buyers. They are already upset (per negative feedback left) and having them do "Homework" (going through the feedback revision process) gives them a reason to ignore it.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

With 1 negative feedback, i would not be to concerned. Selling plants is a difficult category to sell online and i am surprised you only have 1 negative feedback. Not that you are doing anything wrong but shipping live plants can be tough. Customers have their expectations and regardless of how well you do (accurately listed items along with great customer service), if it arrives damaged, dead or not as described, you may get some negative feedback.

LOL1 Did you read the OP? She was selling PANTS, not pLants! And the pants had shrunk; they weren't dead! 

In the words of Emily Litella, "never mind."

albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I think you responded to the wrong thread or something.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Measurements.

In future put the size in the title and the actual measurements in the Description.

I once bought three "identical" bras from the same shop on the same day, in different colours, and had to return the two I didn't try on, because they had different measurements.

At the moment I am wearing garments in four different sizes.

There is nothing in the neg that is against eBay's rules. It won't be removed.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

LOL.. Too much coffee and bad eyes..... 

The Ebay revision process still needs to be revamped. If a customer tells you that they will remove feedback, that should be good enough for Ebay to view it and remove it. IMHO

I think its time for me to get my eyes checked again. Sucks getting old.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply