cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the policy for communicating with a customer. not to contact them privately. Thank

I need to show someone where it states you can not do business outside of ebay without going through ebay

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Where can I find the policy for communicating with a customer. not to contact them privately. Thank

@mountainhighcoins wrote:

I need to show someone where it states you can not do business outside of ebay without going through ebay

I'm taking it to mean that someone is trying to get you to do an off-site sale.

Rather than sending policy links, my suggestion would be to respond with "I only do business directly through ebay and my listing. If you want to bid or buy, feel free to do so through the listing." 

Personally, I've found that most buyers who try to take the transaction off ebay are attempting to scam and I'd BBL them.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I wouldn't bother.  They probably know the policy, but hope you don't.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you have someone trying to communicate with you outside eBay, it is best to just add them to your block list. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply